Steph's OMAD Accountability Thread

Options

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Wow, love your meal photo and would chow it down in a heartbeat! He will definitely notice a difference I am sure. Have a great weekend!

@brendagaudette sounds so fun and relaxing! Enjoy! :)

• shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Have a great weekend!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Well guys.. Here's my update...friday i ended up having a wonderful date night.. Had some jimmy Johns to eat and more than a few cocktails... Headed home the next day and had a blt w a few eggs on it.... Ended up having a few more cocktails w the family and ate a salad and lotsa veggies last evening...

Due to the weekends activities I decided to have a mini fast day today... Did about 3 hours of grocery shopping so burned quite a few cals there... I had grilled mushrooms, a salad w zero Cal dressing, some pickles, some onion soup/beef stock and 3 pieces of sushi... All said and done about 400 calories but burned 600 and change so I'll take it.

I'll post pictures Tuesday when I'm back in front of a pc... Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Ok so - HERE WE GO!!!
    ng3mh9k4zfnm.jpg

This was the biggest hunk of my calories on Saturday - I didn't OMAD because I was STARVING when I got home Sat morning from date night the night before - it's just BLT with a few eggs on it :)

t0nyf48uz2x4.jpg

Due to the enormous amount of cocktails I had over Fri/Sat I decided to do a semi-fast on Sunday, pictured above. The whole thing was less than 400 cals, so WINNING! PLUS I did a solid 3 hours of grocery shopping and burned a TON of calories that way so I was actually negative in my cals if you include that ;)

me1ltbrfoc06.jpg
    AND THE CROWN JEWEL! My memorial day OMAD - 2 chicken sausages, 1 bun (it was Hawaiian Jalepeno!), some green beans, some french fries with ranch and malt vinegar, a few pieces of sushi, a BUNCH of spaghetti squash mac n cheese, and (not pictured) a cup of Sugar Free Low Fat Bunny Tracks ice cream. Total cals - 1600 or so.

It is, in fact Tuesday, which means 48 hour water fast until tomorrow night. Weigh in tomorrow morning, so stay tuned. I'll be REAL happy with 2 pounds this week because my schedule was all thrown off. I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to hit 191 because that would mean 20 pounds down in May, but I have a feeling that's wishful thinking LOL. The scale will tell us in the morning!

Talk to y'all soon!

• jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I see the bottle of Walden Farms ranch dressing in one of the photo's above.
    I've been using that brand since I've been on OMAD, the vinaigrette is my favorite but I try them all.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    jvcinv wrote: »
    I see the bottle of Walden Farms ranch dressing in one of the photo's above.
    I've been using that brand since I've been on OMAD, the vinaigrette is my favorite but I try them all.

Yessss.... On my normal days I use full fat full calorie homemade ranch but on my occasional mini fasting days I use the Walden farms honey mustard... They fail on the ranch front but the "vinaigrette" front I can tolerate it... If I'm not in the mood for balsamic vinegar or hot sauce lol
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    The ranch and honey mustard are weak compared to full calorie style dressings, that is for sure.
    But I've made the sacrifice and just force myself to get used to the taste, now I don't mind at all.
    Plus I've been adding a splash of sriracha sauce to my salads to kick it up a notch.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    jvcinv wrote: »
    The ranch and honey mustard are weak compared to full calorie style dressings, that is for sure.
    But I've made the sacrifice and just force myself to get used to the taste, now I don't mind at all.
    Plus I've been adding a splash of sriracha sauce to my salads to kick it up a notch.

I love hot sauce w my salad....plus spicy things always make me feel like I've eaten more substantially than I have lol. I'll have to poke around the waldens stuff and see what options I'm missing

• wsandy8512
    Options
    Your meals and mini meals look awesome!!! This is the second or third time I've read about the Hawaiian jalepno bread around on MFP. I will definitely have to try those :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Your meals and mini meals look awesome!!! This is the second or third time I've read about the Hawaiian jalepno bread around on MFP. I will definitely have to try those :)

Thanks Sandy! The bun was awesome! And for 120 cals, WORTH IT! LMAO
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Haha, most definitely worth it!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    OK GUYS! No fun pictures today because yesterday was a fasting day - but weigh in was today and I lost 2 more pounds! I was really hoping for 3, but I'll tighten it up this week and get my weekly losses back up :)

Here's da log!

Starting: 211 pounds
    Week 1: -7.6 pounds (11 days) Weight: 203.4
    Week 2: -6.4 pounds Weight: 197
    Week 3: -2.0 pounds Weight: 195

Here's to another week on OMAD! Cheers!

Wow - you are doing so awesome. We're almost the same weight but you are losing so much faster than I am. I REALLY need to think about doing the longer fasts.

How do you motivate yourself to go for a full day without food?
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    OK GUYS! No fun pictures today because yesterday was a fasting day - but weigh in was today and I lost 2 more pounds! I was really hoping for 3, but I'll tighten it up this week and get my weekly losses back up :)

Here's da log!

Here's to another week on OMAD! Cheers!

Wow - you are doing so awesome. We're almost the same weight but you are losing so much faster than I am. I REALLY need to think about doing the longer fasts.

How do you motivate yourself to go for a full day without food?

WELP! LOL - first of all, I know those big numbers are quickly coming to an end - in fact this week if I lose 2 pounds I'll be THRILLED lol - the fasts do help IMO, but it's just a personal preference for me - I'd rather have more cals on days I do eat.

For the fasting days (like today, bahhhhhhhhhhumbug lol) Mostly I try to use these days as my "evening chore" days - so I try to get half of my evening chores for the week done today and the other half on Friday (which is my other fasting day of the week). Other than that, I just drink lots of tea, watch distracting shows, chat on the phone...that kinda stuff. Tuesday is easier than Friday for me because I work an hour earlier on Weds then the rest of the week. This helps motivate me to go to bed early, which also helps...EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE I get a little preoccupied with thinking about food and can't sleep but once I do I sleep GREAT and when I wake up the next day, the obsession is over. It also doesn't hurt that I weigh in on Weds mornings so when I'm tempted by a "snack" I remind myself that:
    A - it's one meal, I'll be fine LOL
    B - any salt etc will alter my weigh in tomorrow and OH HOW THAT NUMBER MOTIVATES ME

Hope this helps in some way!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add that SINCE I haven't seen him in a month, I am a solid 16-18 pounds smaller than last time so it'll be interesting to see his reaction ;););)

EXCITING! :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    I forgot to add that SINCE I haven't seen him in a month, I am a solid 16-18 pounds smaller than last time so it'll be interesting to see his reaction ;););)

EXCITING! :)

Yes it was great - and he definitely noticed :):):)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Well guys *sigh* - as predicted, not nearly what I wanted this week - 0.4 pounds down. It's a loss so I guess I'll take it, but I have to be REALLY diligent this week and get back to better losses. Here's the updated chart:

Week 4: -0.4 pounds Weight: 194.6

On to June!!! Shooting for the 190 mark next Weds - gettin' hardcore this week...will do a full fast on Friday and my normal one on Tuesday - maybe that'll kickstart me back into ultra burning mode - on the bright side, at least it's DOWN and not UP.

Have a super day guys, and OMAD on!
    Ciao!!

• wsandy8512
    Options
    That's the spirit, you are down and not up! Nice plan you have for next week and on nine on the loss as well :-)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Anything lower is a major plus (well, minus!), I reckon... Will wait to see how your fast goes and I might try one next Monday or Tuesday (yikes!) as my weight inched up a tiny bit today...
  • wsandy8512
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Oops, removed comment, wasn't paying attention. Lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Anything lower is a major plus (well, minus!), I reckon... Will wait to see how your fast goes and I might try one next Monday or Tuesday (yikes!) as my weight inched up a tiny bit today...

True! I 'm trying to decide what to make the plan of attack - I'd love to do a 96 hour fast, maybe Sun-Tues but then I'm thinking maybe I'll do tomorrow and then just Monday Tuesday...I have to think on that....hmmmm