Tracey's OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I just do it Monday through Thursday...Gotta get the real thing on the weekends
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    I just do it Monday through Thursday...Gotta get the real thing on the weekends

True that!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Oooooo that looks very good. It looks plentiful, but do you notice a difference in hunger the day after you eat meat or not?

I think the important thing is getting the protein in to reduce hunger regardless of source.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Tonight's meal.

q5e0ldu7318q.jpg

beyond meat crumbles sloppy joe with sliced american cheese and coleslaw, cauliflower tots, salad, caramel apple oatmeal pie, and chocolate kale shake. (I did not eat the pineapples)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious!!! :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Yup, looks totally amazing - super glad I have already eaten tonight!!
  • tlblanksfit
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I made my boys sloppy joes with real ground beef last night. They had some leftovers, so I might have one today to see how it compares to my beyond meat sloppy joe. Yesterday my beyond meat sloppy joe seemed a bit overly sweet. It could have been the sauce. I would need to see if the real beef ones have the same level of sweetness.

After I finish the beyond meat products I have left I think I am going to forgo the meat substitutes on my future vegetarian meal days.

The cauliflower veggie tots were really yummy, I will definitely be getting them again.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    It's Friday, Official Weigh-in Day. The week started sort of rough but ended up really good. Scale weight 3.2 pound loss for the week and 1 pound trending weight loss.

4zs3m037lfsj.png
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    3.2 pound loss is terrific :)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    ETA: I read more of the thread and got the answers I was looking for. I think I am going to use protein shakes as my "dessert" from now on, kind of like how you have your kale shake as a bookend to your day. Since I eat later in the day, I would likely be having my shake around the same time you do. I used to drink them very regularly and high protein has always served me well in terms of weight loss.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I do love my shake.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    ETA: I read more of the thread and got the answers I was looking for. I think I am going to use protein shakes as my "dessert" from now on, kind of like how you have your kale shake as a bookend to your day. Since I eat later in the day, I would likely be having my shake around the same time you do. I used to drink them very regularly and high protein has always served me well in terms of weight loss.

I often drink a fruit smoothy with whey protein mixed in. I try to get about 120-g/day.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Today's meal

1lg1mu23tg89.jpg

Smothered pork chop and chicken leg, green beans, cabbage, sweet potato pie, corn bread and chocolate kale shake
  • brittdee88
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I often drink a fruit smoothy with whey protein mixed in. I try to get about 120-g/day.

I definitely am going to focus on increasing protein. Once my chocolate is gone, I am going to replace it with my raw chocolate protein shake. I used to put powder in iced coffee all the time to get a nice mocha flavor, which would be a great ending to a meal.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Tracey, that looks like Thanksgiving at my parents' house!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I don't notice any difference following my vegetarian meal days and my meat MEAL days.

Interesting...thanxxx for the reply.
    What kind of protein do you and Britt put in your shakes? I'm thinking I need to add protein as well.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I get my chocolate kale shake from Drberg.com. It has pea protein.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Super awesome loss - congratulations! You are crazy-close to being out of the 150s!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Kat, I use the Garden of Life raw protein!
  • tlblanksfit
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Today's meal. Meal eaten around 3:00 pm

7lk39h2h0lqg.jpg
    Banana nut waffle, fried and smothered chicken, cabbage, cream cheese pound cake, and chocolate kale shake