Tracey's OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Well I opted not to do my water fast today and just do a reduced calorie OMAD meal.

uygi2o85agtj.jpg
    Nourish Bowls Southwest Chipotle, Hush puppies, chocolate kale shake
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Well I opted not to do my water fast today and just do a reduced calorie OMAD meal.

uygi2o85agtj.jpg
    Nourish Bowls Southwest Chipotle, Hush puppies, chocolate kale shake

NOM NOM NOM!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I just came across the nourish bowls after one of my coworkers brought one in to work. I bought three of them to try the different flavors. I liked the southwest chipotle. I think I will try it in an omelet. I also have the cauli-rice curry and the sesame sriracha.

mfsjdhi3rhe1.png
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Those look delicious - are they vegetarian?
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Never mind - I just noticed the "bacon" on one of them!! :)
  • tlblanksfit
    edited September 2017
    Options
    The brussel sprout one is the only one with meat. The rest are vegetarian. The ones with cheese have the cheese in a separate pouch so it can be omitted to make the bowl vegan. All three of the ones I got are vegetarian.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    YUMMMM! That looks great, Tracey! I loooove me some hush puppies. I need to figure out how to make them so that I can eat them. Those and jumbo lump blue crab cakes (I'm a Maryland snob) are truly the ONLY things I miss as a vegan.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Britt,

I found a couple of vegan recipes for hush puppies you may want to give a try.

https://thesouthernvegan.wordpress.com/recipes/hushpuppies/

https://www.thespruce.com/vegan-hush-puppies-recipe-3377857
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    OOOOh, I love me some crab cakes. My sister made some crab cakes on my vegetarian day so I didn't get to eat any. She always makes the good stuff on days I am not eating the stuff.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thank you, Tracey! I'm going to try one of those recipes this weekend with my gluten-free flour. GF flour is SO much more absorbent than regular flour, so I always struggle with the conversion.

And that's so mean! Lol! That always seems to happen to me, too. It was always the first day of whatever diet I was on that someone decided to cook something amazing or get some once-in-a-lifetime food that I would have to resist. UGH.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Yummy...hush puppies...I've only had them at Long John Silvers ...like 3 times in my life...yummy tho...hmmmmm
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    My sister, to me, makes the best hush puppies ever. I have to get her recipe because she will not be staying with me forever.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmnm hush puppiessssss Nom Nom Nom
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Tonight's meal

phw0we8dxuba.jpg
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Oooooo that looks very good. It looks plentiful, but do you notice a difference in hunger the day after you eat meat or not?
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I don't notice any difference following my vegetarian meal days and my meat MEAL days.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Is that creamed corn?
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Creamed corn, yes.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Today's meal

n9u0h3hlqzcs.jpg
    Sesame Sriracha Nourish Bowl with Beyond Meat grilled "chicken" strips, candied yams, corn bread, chocolate kale shake, caramel apple oatmeal pie, breyer's vanilla ice cream
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    So many vegetarians and vegans... I'd like to think I could do it buttttttttttt nope lol