Brenda's Maintenance Journal Year 1

Options

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'm using the 5:2 calculator and those 1800 calories are with my exercise already included...my BMR for my weight and height is 1189 calories daily which I think is low but then again at least I can eat more if I exercise :smile:

Yes. You are now at the point where you can start experimenting / pushing your body. Play with the calories a bit and gradually become more active in a way that suits your lifestyle. :-)

Yes I will definitely be more active now that I know I can eat more if I am, Thanks :smile:
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm very looking forward to following your maintenance thread!!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to your maintenance thread also! I've lost weight so many times and have always (obviously!) failed miserably at the keeping it off part...
  • Brendalea69
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @shans34 and @minigrrll thanks :)

I've also lost weight many many times but always gained it back and then more but this will be the first time keeping it off for good :smile:
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    This is my plan from now on...

My BMR is 1189 for my weight height and age.

So I will be doing either 4:3, 5:2 or 6:1 depending on my gains or losses.

On my feasting days I will exercise off whatever extra calories I eat over my BMR.

On my OMAD fasting days I will exercise off all the calories I eat so I will get to save all my BMR calories for my Saturday Splurge Day because I don't count calories and eat whatever I want on that day :smile:

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Brenda, you're doing great in your new stage. I love how you have a plan that's not set in stone, but ready to tweak as needed. That's so great!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Thanks so much and it sure is challenging :p
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Weekly Chart

May 27th....130 GOAL Weight
    June 3rd.....129 OMAD/4:3
    June 10th...128 OMAD/4:3
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Brenda, you're still kicking booty! Keep doing that and that loose skin won't be sticking around for long!
  • OMAD2017
    OMAD2017 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wow, way to go!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Brenda is just so dang flexible!
  • Brendalea69
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Thanks Everyone :)

My splurge day this week is in Wednesday because I'm going to FRIENDLYS and I'll be having a Chicken & Bacon Ranch Supermelt with fries and then a Hunka Chunka Peanut Butter Fudge Sundae :p:p:p Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to split up my calories for the rest of the week, my oh my maintenance is lots of counting but if I don't I know I would definitely go over on my calories a lot!!!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    You're doing great. Nice splurge you have coming!
  • OMAD2017
    OMAD2017 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to see that maintenance requires a certain amount of finesse. Very different than the weight loss part of the journey. So glad you're blazing the trail, lol. I'm thinking I will do alternate day fasting, too. Maybe a full fast day a week. I want to do that for health reasons, anyway.
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Awesome Brenda! You're doing so well :)
  • arguablysamson
    Options

My splurge day this week is in Wednesday because I'm going to FRIENDLYS and I'll be having a Chicken & Bacon Ranch Supermelt with fries and then a Hunka Chunka Peanut Butter Fudge Sundae :p:p:p Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to split up my calories for the rest of the week, my oh my maintenance is lots of counting but if I don't I know I would definitely go over on my calories a lot!!!

Just keep your activity levels up and you won't have to put much effort into watching calories. But continue cautiously over the next four months and you'll not only set a new rhythm, but you'll be stabilized at your new weight.
  • Brendalea69
    edited June 2017
    Options

Just keep your activity levels up and you won't have to put much effort into watching calories. But continue cautiously over the next four months and you'll not only set a new rhythm, but you'll be stabilized at your new weight.

MPF says I burn 3 calories per minute at a speed of 3 mph and I try to walk 60 minutes a day and sometimes I double that and I also rebound for about 20 minutes with about the same calorie burn as walking...Is that good for exercise?
  • arguablysamson
    Options

MPF says I burn 3 calories per minute at a speed of 3 mph and I try to walk 60 minutes a day and sometimes I double that and I also rebound for about 20 minutes with about the same calorie burn as walking...Is that good for exercise?

Wonderful. Add in twice or thrice a week some HIIT and it's close to perfect.
  • Brendalea69
    edited June 2017
    Options

Wonderful. Add in twice or thrice a week some HIIT and it's close to perfect.

Ok I will, Thanks :)
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    You are doing great. Reading your thread is a great lesson to us all as we work towards reaching our goals.