Brenda's Maintenance Journal Year 1

Options

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    shans34 wrote: »
    You are doing great. Reading your thread is a great lesson to us all as we work towards reaching our goals.

Thanks, maintenance is going great because now I know how many calories I'm allowed each week to maintain my weight :)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I second @shans34 :)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    @brendagaudette maintain? Girl, you are still losing! Lol. I'm hoping for the same though when I reach goal, honestly. I want to get on the low side of healthy weight to help with the loose skin I know is coming. I already see it coming. My midsection is so loose right now that I can't see the loss there even though I know I've lost there. Lol
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    This week will probably not be a losing week, need I say "FRIENDLYS"?!?!?! :p
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    lol.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Yes, folks, you will keep losing for a while as you maintain once you've come from losing, even if you aren't exclusively OMADing. Your body gets used to dropping weight and it will do that for a while, provided a person doesn't immediately resort to old habits.

Brenda's body is well-adapted to losing, and she'll keep downward for about another month. And as she adds activity, she will find a spot about five pounds south of where she is now, and she'll bounce up and down in a range of eight or so pounds. Again, as you stay for about four months at a weight, your body will gladly keep you there from then on.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Good to know, Thanks Joe :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I love the way you are doing this with the weekly total and working around that. It really makes me understand why I've never managed to maintain a weight loss for long-term; because I never bother with any of that and just try to eat like a "normal" person. Must remember this!!!
  • Brendalea69
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Weekly Chart (Maintain between 125 and 135)

May 27th....130 GOAL Weight
    June 3rd.....129 OMAD/4:3
    June 10th...128 OMAD/4:3
    June 17th...130 OMAD/5:2

I had a gain but I'm perfectly ok with this :) and
    I had two splurge days instead of 1 :p
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Being okay with it is the best NSV, ever!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Doing fine. Just measure often so can know how to adjust as necessary! Congrats.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Being okay with it is the best NSV, ever!

• Brendalea69
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Doing fine. Just measure often so can know how to adjust as necessary! Congrats.

Thanks, I don't measure but I can tell by how tight my jeans are :p
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    You are doing great...Such an inspiration
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    You are doing great...Such an inspiration

• wsandy8512
    Options
    Brenda, what positive changes have you seen in your life after achieving your goal?
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Brenda, what positive changes have you seen in your life after achieving your goal?

I have way more energy, I can bend over and tie my shoes without losing my breath, I can walk further and faster and my inner thighs don't rub together while I'm walking, I sweat less, I feel healthier and I'm more confident :):):)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Brenda, I love it! I'm so freaking happy for you. It must feel so wonderful. I can't wait until my inner thighs don't rub one day. You absolutely cannot beat feeling more confident though, that's absolutely wonderful. :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Such inspiring results! I'd love for my inner thighs not to rub together - but even when I'm a healthy weight and nice and fit they still do.. That's why athleta skorts are my best friend - I just need to be able to ease back into the 6s and ditch my current 12s!!!
  • Brendalea69
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Thanks Girls :)
    My only negative thing I'm experiencing is loose skin but I'm not going to complain...I will just not wear sleeves that are too short and no short shorts :p