Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Tryingtogetfitdeb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I haven’t been able to do my workouts, out conservatory has been taken over, been out for a few runs instead.
  • Anon2018
    Anon2018 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    checking:
    Mon: Week 6 legs
    Tues: 45 minute incline walk at 3.5 MPH on a treadmill
    Today: Week 6 arms and abs on the schedule

Anyone else struggling with all the jumping exercises as the guide progresses?
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Options
    If I don’t land properly the jumps hurt my knees, but mostly I’m ok, although I do get backache sometimes too
  • katelaurel390
    katelaurel390 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Checking in for the week so far - did BBG 2.0 Week 13 Legs on Monday and Arms this morning. Did LISS on Tuesday morning.

I think I’m also going to a soul cycle class tonight- since one of my roomie’s BF is a studio manager and we can go for free :P
  • Anon2018
    Options
    Checking in for the week so far - did BBG 2.0 Week 13 Legs on Monday and Arms this morning. Did LISS on Tuesday morning.

I think I’m also going to a soul cycle class tonight- since one of my roomie’s BF is a studio manager and we can go for free :P

Lucky!! I love spin but I've never tried soulcycle. I know I would love it.

I know you're just starting, but do you see a big difference between 2.0 and 1.0?
  • katelaurel390
    Options
    Anon2018 wrote: »

Lucky!! I love spin but I've never tried soulcycle. I know I would love it.

I know you're just starting, but do you see a big difference between 2.0 and 1.0?

2.0 is a lot of the same moves as 1.0, but with some new ones (ex: barbell close squat, side arm raises) and heavier weights. So it’s not difficult to transition into, but definitely a good challenge! I’m looking forward to the additional Sunday “optional” challenges/full body circuits. I’ll have to keep you updated as I get further into it!
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Options
    Interesting @katelaurel390 I'm not sure what to do once I eventually finish bbg 1, is there a lot of other equipment needed?
  • Anon2018
    Options
    Checking in for week 6 full body. Halfway done the first guide!

I'll admit, my results are not what I would have liked. I'm also dieting, and I've lost a total of 4 pounds in these 6 weeks. I'm extremely short, so weight is definitely noticable on me and it's very difficult for me to lose. I am aiming to lose another 25-30 pounds, so I have a ways to go. I'm definitely noticing that I'm looking a bit leaner, though there haven't been any changes in my size and minimal changes to my measurements (I have maybe lost an inch on my waist and an inch on my hips). I am going to keep trucking on and see how I do with the full 12 weeks.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Week 5 legs done
  • Piqueaboo
    Options
    Anon2018 wrote: »
    Checking in for week 6 full body. Halfway done the first guide!

I'll admit, my results are not what I would have liked. I'm also dieting, and I've lost a total of 4 pounds in these 6 weeks. I'm extremely short, so weight is definitely noticable on me and it's very difficult for me to lose. I am aiming to lose another 25-30 pounds, so I have a ways to go. I'm definitely noticing that I'm looking a bit leaner, though there haven't been any changes in my size and minimal changes to my measurements (I have maybe lost an inch on my waist and an inch on my hips). I am going to keep trucking on and see how I do with the full 12 weeks.

What are you eating? Food is 80% of weight loss so if you’re not losing perhaps it’s worth looking at your cico
  • katelaurel390
    Options
    Interesting @katelaurel390 I'm not sure what to do once I eventually finish bbg 1, is there a lot of other equipment needed?

Some days require a barbell - but there are also alternative moves/equipment for most “new” things if you don’t have the equipment or need to modify it slightly to make it easier.
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Options
    Thank you for that.

I haven done BBG for a few weeks now and it’s showing on my body (diet been rubbish too though!) so wondering if I go back to the beginning or just back to where I left off??
  • katelaurel390
    Options
    Thank you for that.

I haven done BBG for a few weeks now and it’s showing on my body (diet been rubbish too though!) so wondering if I go back to the beginning or just back to where I left off??

Which week did you leave off on and how many weeks has it been? You could always repeat a few weeks if you’re far along in the guide, but if not then it may just make more sense to start over!

I think either option is fine - as long as you’re getting back into your routine, it’s all good!
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Options
    Thanks. I was on week 9, so I've started week 8 again this week, and will do that for 2 weeks I think and then advance.
  • Tryingtogetfitdeb
    Options
    I’ve stopped doing BBG, I couldn’t get back into it and wasn’t getting the results that I wanted, I’ve gone back to beachbody as that works for me.

Good luck girls
  • Piqueaboo
    Options
    Week 2 Legs done =)

(yes, back at it)
  • Piqueaboo
    Options
    Week 3 arms & abs done
  • rachelcalsbeek
    rachelcalsbeek Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    It looks like there hasn't been much recent activity in this thread, but I am starting BBG today, and I would love to follow anyone who is also completing the program. :smile:
  • Carmen_TX
    Carmen_TX Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I started it today! Good lord it was hard!! I couldn’t even do the whole thing, but I did a lot of it.
  • Piqueaboo
    Options
    Week 1 - Full Body done =)