Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 Interesting! I looked at their website but they don't have a location near me.

That's too bad. I bet you can find a similar type place, offering the same services.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Week 1: Lower carbs M-Th, lower fat F-S. Worked well this week. Saw a nice drop in weight (which I solely contribute to being better at logging), but kept the runger at bay. Was nice to get to Friday and be able to eat more. It's still not a free-for-all on the weekends, but it's nice to feel full and really get my fill of carbs.

I had a sandwich yesterday on nice smooshie bread (the Sara Lee low calorie kind) made with Jif PB powder and jelly and OMG IT WAS HEAVEN.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I have been focusing on cutting down on my alcohol consumption. For whatever reason (maybe it's typical) my body wants to make up for those calories with chocolate. I need to quit eating all the chocolate!
  • fitoverfortymom
    Options
    I would very much like all the chocolate.
  • Elise4270
    Options

And I, all the caramel.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    I am settling for unsweetened cocoa powder in my steel cut oats, interacting with the skim milk I cook them in and what sugar the raisins give up while cooking.
  • fitoverfortymom
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

And I, all the caramel.

Oh that too. So much of that.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Stop it. All of you.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    My last two nights have been disasters as far as self control. Surprisingly my weight has dropped down to 212 from 215 from Monday morning, making me think I was right about the cause of 4 pound jump over the weekend.

Tonight. Tonight I'll be good.

I posted that over a month ago. I don't recall if I was good that night but in general since then, I haven't. I haven't logged a complete days worth of food in weeks.

I did this morning though. And lunch. I even weighed and logged the small spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar I keep at work. I'll see if I can log EVERYthing tonight and stay at or below my limit.

Thankfully my weight has held basically steady since then, so while there hasn't been progress, there also hasn't been a setback.

One thing that did me in were the after Christmas clearances on candy. I've grown into a chocolate fiend. I can resist paying full price but when it goes on clearance, I can't say no.

I keep looking at the Kirkland Nut Bar in my desk drawer but haven't opened it yet.

• Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I've been stress eating again. Sigh. Oh well. Still bouncing around a higher range than I want to be, but I don't think I'm gaining. More like in a bit of a binge-restrict cycle. Its definitely stress related so if my job could just be less stressful I'd be set.
  • 7lenny7
    Options
    Two days in a row below my calorie goal! Seems like the scale should reward me for that with a few pounds less, but no. Damn scale!
  • Elise4270
    Options
    If my scale creeps down just a bit, I think it's donut time.

When I recover, I'm gonna train my *kitten* off.
  • 7lenny7
    Options
    I think the key for me is that I have to go through a few days of hunger to get my stomach used to not being stuffed. Right now, stuffed = full and full = hungry. If I can make it through this weekend and eat well under my calorie goal, I think it will recalibrate what my stomach thinks is full so when I go back to my calorie goal, I won't be so hungry. Or something like that. Right now, these past two days excluded, I'm doing too much opportunity eating and my stomach likes being more than full.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    I think the key for me is that I have to go through a few days of hunger to get my stomach used to not being stuffed. Right now, stuffed = full and full = hungry. If I can make it through this weekend and eat well under my calorie goal, I think it will recalibrate what my stomach thinks is full so when I go back to my calorie goal, I won't be so hungry. Or something like that. Right now, these past two days excluded, I'm doing too much opportunity eating and my stomach likes being more than full.

I think the same thing works for me, If i can keep the momentum going, its much easier the next day. but once i slip and have burgers or too much of something not so good for me, its so much harder to get back on track.

I have fixins for chili, roast, Siggi's yogurt (which if you haven't tried is a good protein source with little sugar, I think @girlinahat mentioned icelandic yogurt- i had to google it) and tortilla soup (my fav) today to keep my calories in check. I just have to make it 2 weeks, then i can earn a bit swimming.
  • 7lenny7
    Options

I think the same thing works for me, If i can keep the momentum going, its much easier the next day. but once i slip and have burgers or too much of something not so good for me, its so much harder to get back on track.

I have fixins for chili, roast, Siggi's yogurt (which if you haven't tried is a good protein source with little sugar, I think @girlinahat mentioned icelandic yogurt- i had to google it) and tortilla soup (my fav) today to keep my calories in check. I just have to make it 2 weeks, then i can earn a bit swimming.

I LOVE Siggi's!! After trying Siggi's there is no other yogurt for me. Our local grocer is having a sale on it ($1) and I stocked up with 20+. I've even started making my own when I can't find it on sale. It's pretty easy to make and mixed with fresh berries is divine. Siggi's has ruined me for all other yogurt, even Greek.

• Elise4270
    Options

I LOVE Siggi's!! After trying Siggi's there is no other yogurt for me. Our local grocer is having a sale on it ($1) and I stocked up with 20+. I've even started making my own when I can't find it on sale. It's pretty easy to make and mixed with fresh berries is divine. Siggi's has ruined me for all other yogurt, even Greek.
    I can see that! unfortunately I'm a bit lactose intolerant and have to have them in moderation. They are better than the Fage greek, which i still love and buy. but you cant beat the taste, texture and nutritional content.

I like adding some ground flax seed to it, or grainy cereal! mmm! Ill have to look at the make your own! thanks for sharing that.
  • Elise4270
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I ate all the cookies... :disappointed: least they are all gone now. I didn't manage to get my bike out yesterday. Maybe today. I don't think it was a bad idea to ice every 20 minutes throughout the day like I should.

Today will be better. I'll eat soup and have dh fetch the bike. I'm supposed to be icing 20 min on, 20 off for the first 72 hours, during day hours. So maybe the bike can wait one more day. No pain killers since I left the hospital. Yay!
  • Elise4270
    Options
    The new couch was delivered today. So now I imposed a "No food or drink" rule and I'm gonna beat some cats if they even look at it funny.

So I sit here at the table like a human being from the 1950's with my soup and can't help but wonder, how much less snacking will I do if I can't lay on the couch and eat all the cookies or a whole bag of chips?

So, does anyone eat exclusively at their table? And do you think it helps associate an eating place? Like the bedroom is only for sleep, not reading or surfing the net.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Greater Rochester Track Club awards banquet tonight. I know what I ought to do there, and I'm unlikely to be food compliant. But it will be a lot of fun socially.