Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Kat's OMAD journey

1202122232426»

Replies

• jadeblue14jadeblue14 Posts: 182Member Member Posts: 182Member Member
    Thanks for sharing all the info! Glad your doctors seem to be working with you really well. Also, your attitude is amazinng.
  • jadepearljadepearl Posts: 341Member Member Posts: 341Member Member
    OMG, that sounds like me right now. Now matter what I do, lower my calories till 900 just to see if I can kick start my weight loss again and I even exercise more than usual, and I still CANNOT loose weight. :( Talking about insulin resistant, do you know any natural remedies with helps?
    Have a wonderful weekend :)
  • katjustkatkatjustkat Posts: 562Member Member Posts: 562Member Member
    jadepearl wrote: »
    OMG, that sounds like me right now. Now matter what I do, lower my calories till 900 just to see if I can kick start my weight loss again and I even exercise more than usual, and I still CANNOT loose weight. :( Talking about insulin resistant, do you know any natural remedies with helps?
    Have a wonderful weekend :)
    Hiya! Half the battle is knowing what we're battling and sometimes that takes a verrrrry long time to figure out. I hope you're just experiencing a plateau that works it's way out. You've had great success already so....that's grrrreat :)
    As far as natural remedies for insulin resistance...I'm no doctor but....I believe you're doing the best thing possible: fasting! You are giving your body plenty of time to rid itself of glucose by not consuming anything (especially carbs) for 23 hours. This keeps your body from producing insulin which is the hormone that stores fat. Not eating=no new supply of glucose= no extra insulin production= no easy fat storage. Your body is forced to consume your own body fat when glycogen is depleted. The next best thing to fasting is cutting way down on the frequency of your meals and cutting down on your carb consumption. All this reduces your insulin and hopefully, eventually with time, your body loses its excess fat and resets.... and insulin resistance goes away.
    By eating plain old OMAD with no restrictions gave me better weight loss results so far than what I'm doing right now. I haven't had any kind of sugar for a month and no process foods either. I'm hoping for various health benefits but weight loss is not happening yet. I'm going to keep at it and when I'm ready do OMAD with my new eating regimen. The good thing about lack of sugar is that my appetite is wayyyyyyy down so I am not fighting cravings at all. I'm still eating twice a day. <3 <3

• jadepearljadepearl Posts: 341Member Member Posts: 341Member Member
    What you said makes sense. Hope that through fasting, our insulin resistance goes away :) You are doing amazing! :) Have a wonderful weekend <3