Kat's OMAD journey

Replies

• jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Thanks for sharing all the info! Glad your doctors seem to be working with you really well. Also, your attitude is amazinng.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    OMG, that sounds like me right now. Now matter what I do, lower my calories till 900 just to see if I can kick start my weight loss again and I even exercise more than usual, and I still CANNOT loose weight. :( Talking about insulin resistant, do you know any natural remedies with helps?
    Have a wonderful weekend :)
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    jadepearl wrote: »
    OMG, that sounds like me right now. Now matter what I do, lower my calories till 900 just to see if I can kick start my weight loss again and I even exercise more than usual, and I still CANNOT loose weight. :( Talking about insulin resistant, do you know any natural remedies with helps?
    Have a wonderful weekend :)
    Hiya! Half the battle is knowing what we're battling and sometimes that takes a verrrrry long time to figure out. I hope you're just experiencing a plateau that works it's way out. You've had great success already so....that's grrrreat :)
    As far as natural remedies for insulin resistance...I'm no doctor but....I believe you're doing the best thing possible: fasting! You are giving your body plenty of time to rid itself of glucose by not consuming anything (especially carbs) for 23 hours. This keeps your body from producing insulin which is the hormone that stores fat. Not eating=no new supply of glucose= no extra insulin production= no easy fat storage. Your body is forced to consume your own body fat when glycogen is depleted. The next best thing to fasting is cutting way down on the frequency of your meals and cutting down on your carb consumption. All this reduces your insulin and hopefully, eventually with time, your body loses its excess fat and resets.... and insulin resistance goes away.
    By eating plain old OMAD with no restrictions gave me better weight loss results so far than what I'm doing right now. I haven't had any kind of sugar for a month and no process foods either. I'm hoping for various health benefits but weight loss is not happening yet. I'm going to keep at it and when I'm ready do OMAD with my new eating regimen. The good thing about lack of sugar is that my appetite is wayyyyyyy down so I am not fighting cravings at all. I'm still eating twice a day. <3<3

• jadepearl
    What you said makes sense. Hope that through fasting, our insulin resistance goes away :) You are doing amazing! :) Have a wonderful weekend <3
  • katjustkat
    I'm back...I'll be checking in on Saturdays. I did keto for several months and basically maintained my weight. It's more rewarding in all ways for me to do OMAD. I'll be at my sisters all of May so hopefully she does OMAD with me as planned. I still need to lose 40 pounds so I'll be counting down again.
    I hope everyone is doing well and I need to read up to catch up. <3<3<3
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Yay, glad you'll be reporting on Saturdays, Kat! You can do it :-)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Glad you are back! Looking forward to seeing your progress!
  • jadepearl
    Welcome back <3 Always here to cheer you on your weight loss goals! :+1:
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Glad to see you back, I hope your sister joins you be cause it's always easier with a partner o:)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Welcome back dear! I speak from experience, getting back on the train is easy with this group of folks <3
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    Welcome back! We are here to support and share! Great that you maintained though - now you know how to do that too.. :0)
  • katjustkat
    Thank you all for the welcome back :) It's a humbling experience and my most challenging hump in life.
    I had a great, successful week on OMAD and just got hungry around 2 pm the first couple days. I eat at 5pm on the dot everyday lol. Loved my meals and am excited to continue on.
    I did keto for about 3 months in order to simplify cooking since it was my son's choice of eating. It felt pretty good eliminating all the simple carbs and sugar out of the diet but somehow my weight didn't really budge. I really like not having any rules and OMAD always worked for me in losing weight and keeping me a happy eater. I will only have a 'cheat' day when forced into it...like a family get together. I feel 100% satisfied with the one freestyle meal a day so will keep it at that. Black coffee, water and an occasional sugar free soda will be my norm during the fasting time. I'm also walking at least 4 days a week and hope to increase as I love doing it.
    I hope everyone has a strong successful week <3
    Here's a couple pics of this weeks meals and my count down from 40 pound weight loss goals:
    40 pounds to lose
    April 13: -2.2 pounds... 37.8 to go
    April 14: -.6 pounds...37.2 to go
    April 15: -.4 pounds...36.8 to go
    April 16: -.9 pounds...35.7 to go
    April 17: -1.3 pounds...34.5 to go
    April 18: 0 pounds......34.5 to go
    April 19: + 1.1 pounds...35.5 to go
    April 20: +.6 pounds...36.1
    *** total for the week: - 3.9
    some of my meals (chicken parmesan, beef stroganoff, left over chick parm sandwich another half got eaten before the pic & small bag of bbq chips, potato leek soup with bread and boursin cheese & 1 slice of fresh pineapple.)
    nb7448nqafzy.jpg
    kii2a05gvkh2.jpg
    zv9gx3rf7x0a.jpg
    9exuzeonawfe.jpg
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Nom Nom Nom Nom those are some good lookin eats! That chicken parm though!

Also I'm a huge sucker for boursin so I'm jealous ❤️

3.9!!!! That's a nice mental boost for your start... Loving that you're back <3
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Nom Nom Nom Nom those are some good lookin eats! That chicken parm though!

Also I'm a huge sucker for boursin so I'm jealous ❤️

3.9!!!! That's a nice mental boost for your start... Loving that you're back <3

I second this!!! :)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    ME too you are doing awesome glad you are back....and now I am hungry ---those meals *drool* <3
  • wsandy8512
    Welcome back, Kat! We may stray at times, but we end up coming back to our true master, OMAD/IF. Lol. Swaweeeeetttt on losing 3.9 pounds!
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    Love the photos!
  • jadepearl
    Nearly 4lb loss...congrats!!! :+1:
  • katjustkat
    Thank you everyone. I had a super busy week. I took a few meal pics but I'm running around trying to get my stuff together for my month at my sis's house. I will try to touch bases here but I'm not even sure if she has scale as she is moving.
    I was down 1.6 this week and can't copy the specifics as I'm on the run. 5.5#'s down so far...much better than keto for me for some reason.....??? I hope I can keep it up...we'lllllll seeeeeee. Hugggggssss & <3<3<3 to all. Keep being your fabulous selves.
  • wsandy8512
    Fabulous loss so far! Happy packing and all that Jazz for your trip. :)