Kat's OMAD journey

Replies

• Eddy_65
    Eddy_65 Posts: 66 Member
    Food looks great! That reminds me, I should upload some food pics one of these days.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Gosh dang it...I fell off. I'm back at 18 hour fast. I'll be back when I get myself back to 23 hours. I'm trying to eliminate sugar. I wish everyone a great and successful 2019! {{{{{{{Huggggggsssssss}}}}}}}
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Hiya Kat! Don't worry, just hop back on da train and you'll be chuggin' along with us! Happy New Year!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    18 is better than no fasting at all. You can do it!!!
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    I'm in the same boat. We can do it!
  • Happy New year to you! You’ll be back at this in no time :0)
  • katjustkat
    Hi Guys! Thanxxxx for the encouragement :) I did one meal today but going to try to cruise along at an 18 hour fast
    ( super easy for me) for a lil bit and work my way to the 23 again. I did eliminate sugar for 5 days now. I want to concentrate on kicking out all the whites first so that I just don't feel deprived. OMAD is the besssssssst!
    ****Misty... you mentioned my portions...yikes I felt like a piggy...just to say...eating 1/2 a Jimmy John sandwich fills me up...I usually force myself to eat the second half on Omad...I've always hated the feeling stuffed feeling so it's easy for me to walk away.
    I'm keeping a food diary and I'm getting about 1100 calories a day...sometime I have to creatively add magical calories to get to that 1000 #. <3<3<3
  • mistymeadows2005
    LOL I wish I had that problem! NOT an issue for this girl! I can eat and eat and eat! LOLOL - but that's why OMAD works great for meeeeeee <3
  • jadeblue14
    Oooph, no sugar. You're doing awesome!
  • Brendalea69
    LOL I wish I had that problem! NOT an issue for this girl! I can eat and eat and eat! LOLOL - but that's why OMAD works great for meeeeeee <3

Same here!!!
  • katjustkat
    I'm still hangin' at 18 hour fasts because of no sugar/ no simple carbs/ no processed food. 2nd meal is hard to get down but not ready for 1 meal yet. Getting 1000-1100 calories total daily. Have not weighed :# Hope everyone is doing great <3
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Hi Kat hope you are doing well......congrats on the no sugar/simple carbs...…
  • mistymeadows2005
    Keep on truckin' Kat :) Giving up processed food is REALLY hard for me, so nice work!
  • jadeblue14
    You're doing awesome!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    No sugar/simple carbs? Amazing! I can never do without carb coz I just love it so so much. But I do limit to the minimum that suits me. Somehow, without carbs, I go crazy...lol
  • Brendalea69
    katjustkat wrote: »
    I'm still hangin' at 18 hour fasts because of no sugar/ no simple carbs/ no processed food. 2nd meal is hard to get down but not ready for 1 meal yet. Getting 1000-1100 calories total daily. Have not weighed :# Hope everyone is doing great <3

Just eat what you can, with that few calories you should be losing weight. I hope you had a good weigh in o:)
  • katjustkat
    Thank you ladies <3<3<3<3<3 Yeahhhhhh...without the sugar and simple carbs I lost all my cravings and have no struggles. We'll see....I'm experimenting. I do pretty good till...I don't :s:#:p But right now it feels effortless. I def don't feel like I'm deprived.
    Brenda...I hope so but...many years ago I had my doc check my metabolism and they expected my body's need would be at 1500-1600 cals but it registered at 1030. I did the test twice within that year. So...it's pretty dang easy for me to start putting on the pounds. I woulda made for a nice healthy cave-lady haha. Hope you all are doing well!! Another week or so and I should be back on OMAD but I think I will also continue to eat this way even though you really don't need to on OMAD and still can lose tons of weight. :*<3:*
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Just listen to your body as it will tell you what it needs! When I tried loosing weight, I tried to eat "NO CARBS" and it was just horrible. I became grumpy, edgy, etc. My body kept telling me to eat some carbs. I finally gave in and ate a little carb and I started loosing weight (from 67kg and went down to 61kg). Somehow, I just can't get pass 61kg :( Oh well, I will try again.

You are doing well, my dear!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • jadeblue14
    You're doing awesome and listening to your body which is great. I'm curious how your doctor tested your metabolism. I'm just super interested in how that was done. I've never gotten mine.
    You've got this!
  • katjustkat
    edited January 2019
    Hi jadeblue :smile: I had the test done at two different doctor places and they both did the same type test. I don't know the name of the gizmo they used but it looked like the 'medgem'. Here's a link that I didn't scrutinize but this was the exact thing they did to me.
    https://popculture.com/healthy-living/2018/01/30/test-metabolism/
    Another time I had it done at jenny Craigs like 10 yrs ago... because I wasn't losing weight on their 1200 cal plan. She brought out something like the medgem that someone had just invented and wanted to test me. She also expected it to read a good 1500-1600 calories and it came out 1000ish....So she said to me that she could see why the program wasn't working for me and that they weren't allowed to promote a less than 1200 calorie diet. So we both decided I should stop. All this is a mystery to me because up until 5 years ago I was pretty much a gym fanatic and never left the gym till my heart rate monitor said I burned 1200 calories so....I just have a body that really holds onto fat. In my younger years I naturally never went above 120 pounds and I'm 5'6....Ate whatever I wanted till 30 and didn't know what a diet was. Then I started with a host of medical problems and started putting on 2-4 pounds a year despite all the exercise and being much more conscious of what I eat. I'm ok with all of this...it's just hard to be up against a wall all the time. But....OMAD did work! I'm just experimenting with very low carb and 18 hour fasts right now....not sure why but I just want to see if it's a plain old insulin problem. Doc did say I was insulin resistant so I'm trouble shooting resultsand different possible solutions. <3
    ***many years ago I went on a fruit and vegetable diet and only lost 3 pounds in 3 months. That's when the doc first said I may be insulin resistant.