Kitty's OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    oh guys, I was watching a video with John Douilliard about reflux etc, long story short, Im now doing some exercises from him, and also sun salutations. Will do sun sal in the mornings, and his recomeneded exercises for 2 mins morning and night... I think this will help alot, plus im only 43, from my perspective, being so young I can fix myself of this issue.

"Only 43" I love this!!! Please let us know if these exercises help.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Jim_fbr wrote: »
    Speaking of constipation, I found that it's the fiber that does it. I've been eating essentially only meat and dairy for the past month, and lets just say it is very smooth sailing. When I used to pack in the veggies and salads every day that was another story. Meat breaks down completely and the body absorbs it very well, whereas vegetables are at best only partially digested.

really??? I never knew that, (about the veges and meat digestion info) what fiber are you taking? Is it a powder or pill or? I know there are heaps of fiber in beans...hence baked beans for dinner tonight =)

Never took any fiber, I'm talking about what comes naturally in veggies and greens. Before trying this diet experiment people cautioned me about the horrible constipation i was in for, but just the opposite happened. So much of the conventional wisdom is simply wrong.

Jim could you please give us some examples of your meals?
    Last night for example;

2 fried eggs with roughly 10 pieces of bacon. (went a little overboard but hey it's bacon)
    2 fillet mignons
    1 hamburger patty
    polish sausage (about 4 inches)
    couple slices of cheddar cheese
    plate of pork rinds
    roughly 1/2 cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt
    sparkling water

Typically there would be more meat, but last night this was enough.
    Meats are cooked with olive oil and or butter.

In the past, i would have woken up the next day with a massive gout attack if i did that. I think the meats with sugars will cause gout. not sure if the sugars are cut out.
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Speaking of constipation, I found that it's the fiber that does it. I've been eating essentially only meat and dairy for the past month, and lets just say it is very smooth sailing. When I used to pack in the veggies and salads every day that was another story. Meat breaks down completely and the body absorbs it very well, whereas vegetables are at best only partially digested.

really??? I never knew that, (about the veges and meat digestion info) what fiber are you taking? Is it a powder or pill or? I know there are heaps of fiber in beans...hence baked beans for dinner tonight =)

Never took any fiber, I'm talking about what comes naturally in veggies and greens. Before trying this diet experiment people cautioned me about the horrible constipation i was in for, but just the opposite happened. So much of the conventional wisdom is simply wrong.

Last night for example;

2 fried eggs with roughly 10 pieces of bacon. (went a little overboard but hey it's bacon)
    2 fillet mignons
    1 hamburger patty
    plate of pork rinds
    sparkling water

In the past, i would have woken up the next day with a massive gout attack if i did that. I think the meats with sugars will cause gout. not sure if the sugars are cut out.
    Mixing fat with a high amount of carb's is apparently a bad idea.
    I'm having no issues whatsoever but I'm at zero carb or very close to zero in any case.

• mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I just couldnt stand having beans and toast today......so instead I had a husmanskost meal....a microwave dinner I think its called. But its my favourite one, its called grandfathers Delicatessen meatballs hahha.
    So I had that with 3 slices of bread, and for dessert I had an apple and 4 pieces of chocolate. Feeling good..but tummy area is sore due to my exercises and sun sal this morning.

a0f3o92om1x6.jpg
  • mittenswillet
    edited October 2017
    Options
    stomache feeling alot better since I started the exerces, yay. No reflux since I started, but more burping haha. Dinner was pizza takeaway, we were too tired to cook today .

Weighed myself this morning, Im now 118.1kg thats a loss of 5 grams....really happy with this! Really happy to see my scales going backwards instead of fowards!!

xoxo

SW 120KG

WEEK 2 118.6KG

WEEK4 118.1KG
  • blambo61
    Options

Last night for example;

2 fillet mignons
    1 hamburger patty
    plate of pork rinds
    sparkling water

Mixing fat with a high amount of carb's is apparently a bad idea.
    I'm having no issues whatsoever but I'm at zero carb or very close to zero in any case.

I got rid of a 6-week gout attack last year that was crippling by totally cutting out all refined sugars. Was gone in about 4-days or so I think. I read it is worse than meat for causing gout so i tried it.
  • blambo61
    Options
    stomache feeling alot better since I started the exerces, yay. No reflux since I started, but more burping haha. Dinner was pizza takeaway, we were too tired to cook today .

Weighed myself this morning, Im now 118.1kg thats a loss of 5 grams....really happy with this! Really happy to see my scales going backwards instead of fowards!!

xoxo

SW 120KG

WEEK 2 118.6KG

WEEK4 118.1KG

Nice!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Well done!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

xoxo

SW 120KG

WEEK 2 118.6KG

WEEK4 118.1KG

Glad to hear the exercises are working :)
  • mittenswillet
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Thankyou thankyou thankyou everyone!!! =)

Another tiring day for me, today we painted the kitchen ceiling...it was the last room thankfully so now all the paint has been put back in the pantry and the ladder can go back downstairs tomorrow. Then I cleaned the house....so I was pretty tired afterwards...

I didnt do my tummy exercises this morning after I realized stretching up to the ceiling with my roller really stretched out between my stomach and ribs.....great workout for that area!! I even stretched backwards further on purpose to realllllly stretch hahha it was kind of fun!!

Then after that I had a nice relaxing shower, I love taking a shower after Ive cleaned the whole house.......it just feels extra nice.!

Dinner was lasagnette with beans with 2 baguettes and dessert was a small rice pudding with a chocolate.
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    oh man, I forgot to mention yesterday was my splurge day.

i had a very tiny cheese burger from our local grill bar around 4pm. Tuna pizza for dinner... rice pudding and two chocolate biscuits for dessert, then later I helped my husband demolish a mixed bowl of cheese doodles, cheese balls and barbeque chips (all were chips) with my pepsi max.

My splurge days have really been cut down this time around since my stomache troubles started, I cant eat as much as I used to (before this would have made me SUPER depressed) but now days, I dont really care so much about it, so its a good thing!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Sounds like your doing good Kitty!
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Sounds like your doing good Kitty!

Thanks Bob!! I think I am too!! ;);)
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    awesome day today!!

dinner was potatis gratin, gräd sås with roast beef and black current jelly.........yummers! dessert was icecream with chocolate sauce xoxo

uo5dyprcolnz.jpg
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    That meal looks so tasty!
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    That meal looks so tasty!

Thanks Trace.......it really was!! :)
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    another awesome day, camera battery wasnt charged so no pic
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I hope you’re doing well, Kitty!
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Nevadaden wrote: »
    I hope you’re doing well, Kitty!

Thanks Nev, yes I'm doing really good thanks!!! :):)
  • mittenswillet
    edited November 2017
    Options
    not sure when, but today I really hurt my left hip, might have been when we took the old oven downstairs today, or it could have been when I was trying to help pull the new oven in today.......either way I told my husband and he agreed as he feels off too! That from now on we will just pay people to bring anything we buy up the stairs! we are no longer spring chickens it seems!!

Dinner was simple, quick and wonderful.......fish and chips in our deep fryer! =)

trouble is......we got a new freezer coming tomorrow. so im just gonna white knuckle it and tough it out one last time! =)