Tracey's Maintenance Journal - Year One

Options

Replies

• sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    That zucchini breads looks delicious, Tracey! I can't believe I'm even confessing this, but... haha, a few years ago, a friend of mine made me zucchini bread for the very first time. I had never heard of such a thing before and wasn't sure if it was going to be bland, savory, or sweet. I'm not sure how it's typically prepared, but hers tasted more like a cake than a bread (akin to carrot cake, I suppose), and I ended up eating the entire loaf on the drive from her house back to mine. :D I think we only lived 15-20 minutes apart, so it wasn't my proudest moment, hahaha.

• sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    oh I love veggie breads. It makes me feel like I am eating healthy, which in most cases is not true.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Today's Official Report.

5liadtphr5hi.png
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Today's Official Report.

5liadtphr5hi.png

The goal for the new week is to get back below 155.

My husband thinks 150-160 is too big a range and thinks my goal should be to maintain at 155 or below. To be below 155 is my desire but for my sanity's sake right now I think putting myself at staying below 160 is best for me because the over 155 fluctuations were really getting to me. Once I see I can have a good stretch at keeping below 155 then I will change my overall goal to maintain under 155.

I keep thinking I started maintenance at 150.7 pounds and I have not been able to stay there or get back there since. Not fretting it though. I am 100% certain that I will never allow myself to go over 160 pounds and for now I will let the numbers between 150 and 160 come as they will. Thoughts??
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Tracey that is great I think, don't be too hard on yourself. I have read your journey and you are so inspiring!!!
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    I can maintain, just eating larger meal during omad. But I have been doing it absentmindedly. Have you tried the bear method?
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Tracey, I think 150-160 is a good range, but just keep in the back of your mind that you'd really like to be below 155? There are SO many variables that cause for swings I think that as long as you're trending where you want to be you should be fine. Besides, at this point you're a master of maintenance (following in @Brendalea69 's footsteps!) so I hope you're not sweating it :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Tracey I want my weight to always be under 130 but sometimes during the week its over 130 and that's why Im "trying" to get down to 122 so I can have more of a range. I think that an 8 pound range will be enough to keep my weight below 130 even if I have 2 splurge days in a row...Don't stress yourself out because you're keeping below 160 and that's your ultimate goal anyway :)
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    What they said. 150-to 160 isn't a bad goal range. But if you're happier lower, I say aim for it, but give yourself some wiggle room. You've been doing great.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Tracey, you have been killing it while I was away! It's so awesome that you got up to 159 and immediately kicked it back into gear. That is awesome!
    What if you made your range 147-157 instead? That way you know you will always be below 160 and you can work towards being below 155.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I think if I don't over splurge on my splurge days I can maintain below 155. This past splurge was way over the top and I don't usually splurge like that so I don't see myself getting that close to 160 in the future.

Britt, I like your 147 to 157 idea. Widdle the range down little by little.
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    I also think that you range is reasonable. I can understand your husband's thoughts, but I also think that it's important for your own sanity to not be too hard on yourself. <3 The more defeated you feel, the harder it'll be to maintain motivation (at least that's how it works for me, haha).

You're really doing a wonderful job, Tracey! I'd say you've been very successful with your maintenance so far; it seems to me like maintaining is much harder than losing weight, so you've gotta give yourself credit for that. :) There are so many things that can cause large fluctuations, so the fact that you're keeping under 160 says to me that you're doing what you need to be doing. <3
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Today's Official Report.

5liadtphr5hi.png

The goal for the new week is to get back below 155.

My husband thinks 150-160 is too big a range and thinks my goal should be to maintain at 155 or below. To be below 155 is my desire but for my sanity's sake right now I think putting myself at staying below 160 is best for me because the over 155 fluctuations were really getting to me. Once I see I can have a good stretch at keeping below 155 then I will change my overall goal to maintain under 155.

I keep thinking I started maintenance at 150.7 pounds and I have not been able to stay there or get back there since. Not fretting it though. I am 100% certain that I will never allow myself to go over 160 pounds and for now I will let the numbers between 150 and 160 come as they will. Thoughts??

I go in 5-lb increments or when maintaining I try to stay within 5-lbs of my lowest weight. I think 10-lbs is too much also. It is hard to lose 10-lbs. 5 isn't nearly as bad. My old highest allowable weight was 200 and I maintained between 195 and 200 for a long time. Now I'm heading for 190 and then my highest allowable will be 195 if i stop there. Good luck!
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi Tracey, I also came off a three day splurge day last week. I think we all need these breaks especially if we’ve been dieting for some time. I didn’t weigh myself but have given myself 2 weeks to get back to goal weight before even thinking about weighing.

Keeping your upper weight limit to 157 seems a really good idea if you have a maintenance of below 160 so that you have some wriggle room and can do splurge days. I’m eating slightly below maintenance to get a couple of pounds under goal for this very reason. It’s going to take me a very long time but worth it I think.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Some of yesterday's and today's good eats.

dktbwrtyl50t.jpg
    Yesterday's dinner - Smothered pork chops, rice and gravy, sauteed green beans and onions, and cornbread

13cq8rmzxpm4.jpg
    Today's dinner - Mission BBQ turkey sandwich, mac and cheese, and baked beans

• sammygold2015
    Options
    Looks yummy
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I have decided that a 10 pound maintenance is rather large so I am changing to a 5 pound range of 153-158 pounds.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Your meals always look so yummy!
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    That looks delicious. And 5 pound sounds like a plan. I think you're on the right track, of playing around with everything until you find what works for you.
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Good lookin' food, Tracey! I like your idea of 5 pounds being your weight range for now. Hope you had a great weekend!