Tracey's Maintenance Journal - Year One

Options

Replies

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    The above meal should have been my meal for the day but it wasn't. Today actually turned out to be a true to life splurge day. I could not resist dinner. This week just did not go as planned. I hope to do a fast day tomorrow to balance things out, but I don't know if that will happen. I just have not been able to stick to my plan the last two days.

Tonight I ended up eating some spaghetti my sister brought over and some korean style pork, collard greens, and potatoes au gratin that I made myself. Shame on me! I can't eat early because then I can't resist eating later. I have to keep to my evening meals only, period.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    The above meal should have been my meal for the day but it wasn't. Today actually turned out to be a true to life splurge day. I could not resist dinner. This week just did not go as planned. I hope to do a fast day tomorrow to balance things out, but I don't know if that will happen. I just have not been able to stick to my plan the last two days.

Tonight I ended up eating some spaghetti my sister brought over and some korean style pork, collard greens, and potatoes au gratin that I made myself. Shame on me! I can't eat early because then I can't resist eating later. I have to keep to my evening meals only, period.

This is me for sure. If I eat lunch there is no possible way I can resist dinner... Not a chance!
  • tlblanksfit
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I will do a water fast day tomorrow and hopefully that will set me back on the right path. Fri-Sun (Splurge) Mon & Wed (OMAD) Tue & Thu (Vegetarian OMAD)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options

That is me!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    I'll agree to that! Eating early in the day is a sure-fire way to make sure it's not an OMAD day...I'll stick w my evenings :p
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I don't know, when I was in weight loss mode, I could do a noon day meal and not have any issues later in the day. Since being in maintenance, it is a real struggle. I guess it may be because of the more frequent splurge days. When I was in weight loss mode, I didn't do to many splurge days so I was conditioned to eating later in the day.

I was 157.1 this morning. I am really fighting for this water fast today so I can see 155 or below for my official weigh in tomorrow.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    For me its the cold weather that's making me so hungry, I'm sorry your struggling but stay strong and don't forget that in maintenance you will fluctuate from week to week and by the looks of it you're going to be under 160 again this week so yay for that :)
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Oh haha, I just posted in the exercise thread before moving on to this one and read all your posts on meal timing!! 11am is still my best time :)

Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow Tracey. Stay strong for today!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I think I will make it. I am not too worried about going over 160, but I was wanting to be below 155. At the beginning of my weight week (Fri-Tuesday) I was in the 153, 154 range. Then after I got of track Tuesday Night, I was 155 yesterday and 157 today. It would have been nice to have stayed below 155 for the whole week, but hey there is always next week and the weeks after that.
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yep, there is always next week and many more to come!!

As long as you are consistent, you'd be all good.
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You're still kickin' butt, Tracey! Love the updates and the pics. I've gotta get in the swing of taking photos of my meals... I feel like it adds a layer of accountability to know that I have to share everything that I shove into my mouth, haha. :)
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Well I didn't do the water fast but instead opted for a low calorie dinner. Pictured below along with the MFP calorie count. I weighed myself before eating and was 156.0 so I am thinking even with this meal I can be 155 or below in the morning.

zp1ldyd6kmw3.jpg
    Small plate meal of 1 air fried chicken wing, cabbage, potatoes au gratin, and chocolate kale shake. Not pictured 1 Ferrero rocher chocolate

5j5fb48xvvbd.png
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I think things are easier to resist when you're in active weight loss mode. For me when i get too comfortable and pretty happy with what I look like (like now), it's harder to say no to whatever (for me, usually a lunchtime drink when out with friends on the weekends, which never ends well...).
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    You're right, there's always next week :)
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Today's official weight report. :):D

hg71ge3x13kh.png
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Very nice! Lost more than a 1-lb!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options