Tracey's Maintenance Journal - Year One

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Just hit the gym at the end of work and it will be much easier than doing it in the morning and then trying to fast. You can use that as a break in the routine! You can totally fuel a workout after a long fast by taking some coconut oil and/or some corn starch. They won't upset the stomach, make you more hungry, or spike your insulin and cause a subsequent crash. I can run about 30-min max hard (about a 450-kcal effort) after a 21-hr fast but can go for an hour (900kcal effort) if I take just about 150-kcal of the stuff mentioned. The medical community uses regular corn starch or modified corn starch (glycosade/UCAN superstarch) to treat people with glycogen storage disorders (muscles can't store glycogen) because it is slow release and doesn't cause you to go hypoglycemic later.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Today's official weigh in.

6qnm2qwvphmj.png

• blambo61
    Options
    Nice job staying under 160!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Nice! You’re doing really well, and I hope your new plan is exactly what you need to make maintenance a breeze :)
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I was kind of sweating my weigh in today because my preliminary weigh in on yesterday had me at 158.1. so I did a low calorie day and this morning was back at 155.4

I believe my new plan will work for me I just need to make sure I have low carb meals prepared for the week. I may start doing some batch cooking on the weekends and make some low carb casseroles that I can divvy up and freeze and then I can just select what I want, make a salad, grab a fiber one bar, and chocolate kale shake and my meal will be complete.

• brittdee88
    Options
    Good idea! I used to batch cook on the first day of the month and freeze everything in individual servings so I could grab and go all month, and it worked wonderfully for me.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    After reading Brenda's post, I have been inspired to change my plan once again. I am looking for simple and believe this is it. I posted about the possible challenges I could face with back to back LC days and making sure I am prepared. My new plan will help alleviate that concern. I mentioned alternate days and then went and got rid of them. Well now thanks to Brenda, they are back and my new program is looking like this:

MONDAY.........LC OMAD
    TUESDAY.........NO RESTRICTIONS OMAD
    WEDNESDAY....LC OMAD
    THURSDAY......NO RESTRICTIONS OMAD
    FRIDAY........... LC OMAD
    SATURDAY......NO RESTRICTIONS OMAD
    SUNDAY..........NO RESTRICTIONS OMAD

Still doing OMAD everyday but am alternating between my LC meal days and No restriction meal days. I have no problem not eating, it is when I start eating that I have problems so holding out for my one meal will be pretty easy for me. I think this plan will make maintenance easier for me.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Love it, and it makes a lot of sense! Good luck!
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Sounds good Tracey. Good luck with the new plan.

Like I mentioned in Britt’s journal, I think if you’re feeling good and comfortable (and of course, results are showing), your plan is working. If not, tweak until you get there!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    This week's official weigh in.

7bpfetf4cnac.png
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Awesome, you're keeping below 160 :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Great work Tracey!!! Rockin' it!
  • tlblanksfit
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Thanks, I kind of fell off toward the end of the week. Want to get back at or below 155 this week.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Doing well!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Today's Official Weight Report

vc0dxd3y5pix.png
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Nice work Tracey :):):)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    NICE TRACEY!
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Tracey, you're killin' it! I already gushed a bit in my introduction, but I credit you so much for motivating me to try OMAD. I had read through all of your OMAD-related threads and felt so inspired by your determination to succeed. Your documentation was wonderful, raw, and real... just fantastic for someone to read through who is curious about OMAD.

Anyway, gushing aside... you're doing such a great job with maintenance! Keep it up! :)
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Tracey, you're killin' it! I already gushed a bit in my introduction, but I credit you so much for motivating me to try OMAD. I had read through all of your OMAD-related threads and felt so inspired by your determination to succeed. Your documentation was wonderful, raw, and real... just fantastic for someone to read through who is curious about OMAD.

Anyway, gushing aside... you're doing such a great job with maintenance! Keep it up! :)
    Yep, Tracey is a great example of determination and persistence.

Nice job Tracey!