Tracey's Maintenance Journal - Year One

Options

Replies

• jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Agree, nothing wrong with that!

I think that as long as we have a happy medium of managing our weight while still enjoying ourselves and not stressing too much, we are okay.

PS. Sorry about posting twice previously. Wifi was working intermittently.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I do have a new plan and did a new weight tracking chart for 2018. With my new plan I changed my official weigh in date to Tuesdays.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Woke up to a weight of 154.9. Finally back under 155
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAY! So happy for you!
    Do you have a weight you hit where you decide to buckle back down? I read about this one guy whose maintenance weight was 200 or less, and when he saw 198 or above on the scale, he would follow his weight loss plan for that day. When he saw 197 or less, he would eat whatever he wanted that day. I thought that seemed pretty realistic for maintenance and was wondering if anyone else did something similar. I am not going into maintenance any time soon anymore, but I think I might try it out when I do.
  • tlblanksfit
    edited January 2018
    Options
    My goal is to stay below 160. I am thinking my new plan will keep me in the 150 to 155 range so if I get around I'll say 158 I'll make adjustments. I don't think I could just eat whatever I wanted and not reach my upper limit within a few days so I will always need to watch it.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    He weighs daily, so he makes his decision everyday. I think he ends up being able to eat whatever he wants for maybe 2 days at a time and then goes back to his weight loss plan when he hits 198. I don't think I would eat whatever I wanted, but maybe I would allow two meals and a dessert or something like that on days I was down and then back to basic OMAD on days I'm close to the upper limit. I just thought it was interesting and seemed doable!
    I'm excited for your progress and for you to unveil your new plan when you're ready! I am constantly taking maintenance notes :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    YAAAAAAAY! So happy for you!
    Do you have a weight you hit where you decide to buckle back down? I read about this one guy whose maintenance weight was 200 or less, and when he saw 198 or above on the scale, he would follow his weight loss plan for that day. When he saw 197 or less, he would eat whatever he wanted that day. I thought that seemed pretty realistic for maintenance and was wondering if anyone else did something similar. I am not going into maintenance any time soon anymore, but I think I might try it out when I do.

My upper limit is 200. I see that and I will diet down to 195 or possibly lower. I have a 5-lb range I operate in. When I go off the diet, and do 2mad, I immediately gain about 2-lbs so I can gain about 3-lbs of fat and then I need to take action.
  • blambo61
    edited January 2018
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    He weighs daily, so he makes his decision everyday. I think he ends up being able to eat whatever he wants for maybe 2 days at a time and then goes back to his weight loss plan when he hits 198. I don't think I would eat whatever I wanted, but maybe I would allow two meals and a dessert or something like that on days I was down and then back to basic OMAD on days I'm close to the upper limit. I just thought it was interesting and seemed doable!
    I'm excited for your progress and for you to unveil your new plan when you're ready! I am constantly taking maintenance notes :)

I can go months in the 5-lb range on 2mad with a lc lunch (salad and meat). Then when I feel like it or I hit my upper limit, I will push to get back down 5-lbs or more. The last time I did this I maintained at 210 for several months (2mad most of the time) and then I got serious and did OMAD and got down to 195. I then maintained for about 2-months and over this holiday I got back up to my new 5-lb limit of 200 and now I'm back on OMAD shooting for 195 or lower. I always weigh myself.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks for the input, @blambo61!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Very interesting. I seem to gain really quickly on 2MAD. I guess you get the perks of being a man in that respect @blambo61!!
  • blambo61
    edited January 2018
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Very interesting. I seem to gain really quickly on 2MAD. I guess you get the perks of being a man in that respect @blambo61!!

I have to have the earlier meal be a low carb/cal meal or I gain. Low carb to keep me from having an afternoon crash and getting really hungry and low cal to not gain weight. I'm fine (maintaining) with about 600kcal for lunch and eating ad libitum in the evenings. That seems to work well for maintenance. My BMR is about 2000kcal, my steps about 200kcal, and exercise average is about 450kcals/day (I get it in four days but that is the average over 7-days, approx. 2x1000-kcal sessions and 2x600-kcal sessions). So my TDEE is almost 2700kcal/day. Assuming worst case and that there is no metabolic advantage with doing IF (I think there is some), I can eat a 600-kcal lunch (a big salad with some meat, little oil, and some cheese) and still can eat about 2100-kcal for dinner and not gain weight. If I only eat in the evenings, I will probably eat about 2400kcal on the average and will have about a 300-kcal deficit and will lose 1-lb/week. Those are approximate numbers but I think they are fairly close.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Yeah, you also have the advantage of burning all those exercise calories... I probably only burn about 300 cals from exercise a day... And even less right now because by the time I have finished my calls in the morning, it's too hot to go for even a walk. I've moved my bike into the house, but haven't had a chance to set it up on the trainer yet. Hopefully will get that done this weekend.
  • blambo61
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Yeah, you also have the advantage of burning all those exercise calories... I probably only burn about 300 cals from exercise a day... And even less right now because by the time I have finished my calls in the morning, it's too hot to go for even a walk. I've moved my bike into the house, but haven't had a chance to set it up on the trainer yet. Hopefully will get that done this weekend.

I think if you do a lot of extra exercise, it definitely helps. Just a little might make a person eat more than they are losing possibly. It can cause some water retention and muscle gain that can wig people out though.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Tonight's meal

6kiijop9mnw3.jpg
  • blambo61
    Options
    Looks yummy!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I think I have to stick to the one plate rule because anything more will be too much. I have been doing good this week on my new plan but Wednesday night I had my one meal with a full bowl of salad, two homemade bacon turkey cheeseburgers in one pita with some Nathan's french fries and a perfect size chocolate lover's cake. I was not able to eat all of my salad because I was so full. I was up from 154.2 to 155 the next day. Yesterday's meal shown above is more my speed. Everything including dessert on one plate. I was down to 153.5 this morning. I will be sticking to the one plate rule going forward.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Nice work getting back down, Tracey! I feel like I have to do the same thing. It seems like it's the volume that really makes a huge difference in my weight the next day even if the calories are less unless my whole meal is just the huge salad.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Volume will put food weight in you which will be temporary. The cals is what will put the fat weight on!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    That helped you lose almost 2 pounds so I agree about the one plate rule :)
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Today's meal eaten around 4:40 pm.

7zoxf5hh3tei.jpg
    Lamb chop, salad, candied sweet potatoes, and chocolate kale shake