Tracey's Maintenance Journal - Year One

Options

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    NOM NOM NOM - your food always looks awesome Trace! I like your plan, it's solid :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Friday's Official Report. A four pound gain in a week. Ended up in my range, but am so not happy with how this week went.

qk9qc4qrrno9.png

So what to do. I have decided to eliminate the planned weekend splurge days and stick to OMAD with my chocolate kale Shake if I am needing something before my meal time. I will allow modifications for special occasions only.

I want to be maintaining at the low end of my maintenance range so diligence and determination is key at this point.

Happy Friday everyone. I am looking forward to seeing the other Friday weigh-ins. I know you all will have done waaaay better than I did.

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Highly unlikely it is a fat gain. That would take more than 14,000 extra kcals. I doubt you ate that. Your storing some water and/or may be a little constipated. Don't get discouraged.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Have you tried just doing a fasting window. like fasting 19 hours and eating for 5? You would probably be able to fit in a snack and dinner. I think that just being consistent for awhile may help.
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I really admire your grit and determination, Tracey. You're always so good about reflecting on your week and figuring out how you want to move forward to either continue towards positive trends or move away from negative trends. I'm sure that a lot of what you're seeing is water, so hopefully next week will be on the lower end of your maintenance range! :)
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    This week was different from my normal weeks. I was in a class Monday - Wednesday and pretty much ate 3 meals each day which is far different from my normal OMAD meals during the week. This added to my weekend splurge made for a big gain.

When I have a normal work week and am in my office I don't eat at work and have my meal when I get home between 5 and 7.

I am going to ditch the weekend splurge days and may do the eating window on the weekends. I was thinking I would fast as long as I can and then have a 4-6 hour window of eating whenever I do break my fast.

I think I may need to jump on the Microscope March train for a bit to make myself more accountable. The things I need to track are:

Daily Weight
    Picture of meal
    Water Intake
    Sleep Time
    Any exercise done - I plan to start my workouts back up on Monday.

Since today begins my new weight week, I will make note of today's doings for my first Microscope post.

Consistency is definitely what I am lacking in this maintenance journey. The only thing that is consistent right now and is not going to change is my not going over 160 pounds. I need to find the plan that will keep me in the lower 150's.

• dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Tracey, you are doing great! You have a solid plan and I think you will exceed your goal before you know it. you are an inspiration!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    But you are still below 160 so yay for that, and you know how to get the weight back down and I know you wil do It! Good luck this next week :)
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Good luck this week, Tracey! You've got this. :)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I can say that Microscope March is making the difference with me. I have lost more because of it. I think employing this will help! You have this.
  • blambo61
    Options
    You are paying attention and making plans so you will be able to do it! When I've had splurge days, I usually still make those a 16:8 type of fast and don't eat tell lunch. I think that helps. Good luck!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Hello OMAD fam,

I took another look at my spreadsheet and I noticed I was off a week. I must have opened and updated an older version of the spreadsheet and didn't notice. Here is the correct spreadsheet.

tygrdf3dqc9i.png

Now having the right spreadsheet, I see that I actually lost .2 pounds from last Friday and the big was actually last Friday. I am going to put in the extra effort this week to recover from that gain and get back to the lower 150's.

I am feeling better that after my off week, I still managed a tiny loss.
  • blambo61
    Options
    See! Told you didn't gain that much! Congrats!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    :)
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Today's Microscope March

Weight 157.4 pounds
    Eating: OMAD meal pictured with nutrition stats
    Water: One Gallon 128 ounces

7iz3lhv24u27.png
  • blambo61
    Options
    That's low on the cals. I think that's fine to do but I wouldn't do that everyday. I think over time, it would be very hard to sustain.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I would usually add a dessert to this type of meal, but I am doing no sweets this weekend. Come Sunday after church I will be back to normal and eating my higher calorie meals.
  • blambo61
    Options
    I would usually add a dessert to this type of meal, but I am doing no sweets this weekend. Come Sunday after church I will be back to normal and eating my higher calorie meals.

Sounds like a good plan!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    That meal looks yummy and great job on the water consumption :)
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Thanks Brenda, I have been drinking a gallon of water a day for the last week. I got this great cup it is called the Hydr-8 Gallon cup. It is a 32 oz cup that has time markings so you drink a cup of water per hour from 6 am - 10 pm to equal a gallon. I am motivated to get my 32 ozs in by the 4 hour times and usually beat the clock. I am ahead right now and am getting ready to do my last refill for the day. I usually have my gallon completed before 8:00pm.