Britt's Eight Weeks to Maintenance Journal

Options

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Weight is falling off as expected when I get into the 140s. 146.2 today! If all goes well over my Christmas break (22nd - 29th), my December goal is in the bag. I don't think my future in-laws have a scale, so I won't be weighing, but I will definitely be sticking to OMAD. I am going to buy a small bag of sugar-free candies to take with me just in case I am tempted by Christmas treats. I doubt any will be gluten-free, so there shouldn't be any temptation, but I would like a safety net.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    @Brendalea69 the surprise won't be until January 19 (the Friday before my birthday!), but I will be sure to come in an update you all. Whatever is lowest between my weigh-ins on the 19th and the 22nd (likely the 19th) will be my maintenance cutoff. I'm almost more excited for that than my actual birthday!

Oh I guess I will have to wait a little longer then :p
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Britt, you're melting! What a great feeling. So happy for you :)
  • brittdee88
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I will update my thread for sure, @brendalea69!
    Thank you so much, @katjustkat!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Today’s OMAD:

wgg7739jtbva.jpeg
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    That meal looks really delicious. I need to get back to simple meals like that.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Man you are running through the 40's girl!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @tlblanksfit: simple is definitely good for this time of year with so much going on! Just makes things easier for me.
    @sammygold2015: that's what usually happens! Once I drop below 150, it's usually smooth sailing until 135. That's another one of my huge plateaus, which is why I hope I end up there and will likely maintain there. I don't want to fight my body like I've had to in the past to get below 135, and I am comfortable doing that there instead of at 150!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    You're fueling the body good! No secret to why you're dropping so fast. Lucky ducky as they say in Miami "Arriba! Arriba! Andale! Andale! :)
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Looks like it's going well for you.

I'm not too sure how tall you are but I think it is such a great and positive attitude that you have with maintaining at a weight you are comfortable with. I've seen some posts in the maintenance section where maintainers continued dropping after they declared goal.

This may happen when you get to 135.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    How is it going Britt?
  • smahan2010
    smahan2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You've been quiet since you finished finals. All ok?
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Hi, everyone!
    I was away visiting my fiance's family from the 22nd until this morning, which is why I have been MIA! Our days were packed, as we spent the whole week going into NYC for plays, events, dinners, etc. I'm happy to be away from the cold now and to return to my daily routine.

Good news: My final grades came in yesterday, and I am happy to report that I earned 4 A's and 1 A-! One semester down :)

Less-than-stellar news: I did not stick to OMAD or keto/LC over this past week. I know I gained at least 1-2 pounds of fat and probably 7-10 pounds of carb water weight regain. I definitely overate, but I also always have this issue with keto or LC. I think it is realistic to follow a lower carb way of eating like FAA forever because most days are easily low carb for me, but then there are days (or a week!) when it just isn't as realistic, and I always gain back SO much SO quickly on LC/keto. With FAA, the rebound weight would probably not be as drastic.

New plan: I'm going back to FAA-compliant OMAD instead of strict LC/keto for the rest of my journey (25 days!) with the addition of some daily exercise. I don't know what I weigh right now, but at this point, I'm not as concerned about my weight as I am about getting rid of this holiday bloat, getting back on track with my eating, and starting my body composition journey. I'm planning to focus on consistency and composition in my 30s!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Get back on the horse and ride! Sounds like you have a plan. I think that is where most people fail, they don't even have a plan. I think we have to have a plan and then we have to work it and adjust as necessary! Good luck!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks, @blambo61!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    12/29
    25 Days to Maintenance
    OMAD: nope :(
    Exercise: 25 minutes of cardio dance, 5 minutes of bodyweight upper body training :#
  • brittdee88
    Options
    I've been reading a lot about alternate day water fasting for the past year and came across another article just now. I am thinking of trying it out next week to see if I can get rid of some of the holiday bloat a little quicker. I've mostly read about 4:3, so I was thinking of fasting on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday but allowing a post-workout shake (100 calories) instead of just plain water on those days. Anyone have any experience? I've read quite a few blogs, but was wondering if any OMADers had tried it out. I was thinking it might be too stressful to combine 4:3 with OMAD and exercise, but I'm intrigued.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Jim did extended fasts with success. I cannot do them without having a major wanna binge episode later. Slow and easy for me. I can't force it.
  • smahan2010
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Jim did extended fasts with success. I cannot do them without having a major wanna binge episode later. Slow and easy for me. I can't force it.

I agree.....I could not do a water fast without overdoing it afterward. I too am slow and steady. :smile:
  • smahan2010
    Options
    @brittdee88. I don't know your story, and would never, ever pretend that I know what's best, but a week enjoying NYC with a couple of pounds and some water weight gained seems pretty normal. Water weight should fall off quickly and if you gained only a few real pounds while eating without restrictions, it's a victory!

First, forgive yourself for the weight gain. Get on the scale. Face it, and forgive yourself. Second, accept that you enjoyed your time in NYC after the holidays without restriction. Third, celebrate the fact that bloat goes away fast and that you only have a few real pounds to contend with, and finally, just get back on track. Do what you were doing before your trip, but watch the carbs carefully. You know how to OMAD LC/Keto, you do it very well. Just get back on track. That's the beauty of this WOE. It's forgiving, so shouldn't you be?

Way to go on those finals, girl!!!!!