Replies

• 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    @elize7 go Lizzy, go!!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Now I need to tell myself put step away from the sweets!
  • Koso2006
    Koso2006 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Back on track yesterday. Got the shopping done last night. Need to finish putting it away and so the food prep for the coming week. Didn't do that last week....and I see where that got me!!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Awesome! I’ve got my grocery list put together and am determined to say no to sweets today.
  • betsy0426
    betsy0426 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have found the best way to avoid falling off the wagon is to not have anything sweet that I like in the house. I do have four kids so I have stuff for them but it’s stuff that I don’t find too tempting.
    The other thing I have founf is I really like the Atkins treats and Breyers carb smart ice cream bars!
    Im definitely a stress eater so I can stress eat an ice cream bar and be good.
  • stevejill91
    stevejill91 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just joined the group, been on keto for 2 weeks and feel great, no keto flue. 65% fat, 2%carbs and the rest protein. Ive always eaten high protein, lower carbs with cheating of course. After 11 knee surgeries and some Weight gain i decided i needed to get ahead of the game before i got too over weight.
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Always good to be "ahead of the game" My sister waited until she had to have the knee replacement and then found it had to be delayed until she lost some weight. Definitely gave her incentive. So ahead of the game I try to stay.
  • utdiva77
    utdiva77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Koso2006 wrote: »
    Pizza for supper last night....too many excuses to post. Back on track today.

I broke down and had a slice on Friday night. ONE SLICE. I lost a half pound on Saturday....lol. It's a marathon, not a sprint, right? I have got to seek progress, nor perfection, or I won't last on this WOE.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    It's too cold here in MN to shout it from the rooftops but I had to share with someone! Today marks 20lbs lost forever! I started January 2nd and I'm over the moon. I was feeling a little deflated sitting at a 2lb loss for February so I am PUMPED. Thanks for reading :p
  • Marcelynh
    Options
    Shannonigan that is FANTASTIC! Congrats!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    It's too cold here in MN to shout it from the rooftops but I had to share with someone! Today marks 20lbs lost forever! I started January 2nd and I'm over the moon. I was feeling a little deflated sitting at a 2lb loss for February so I am PUMPED. Thanks for reading :p

Congrats!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Remember that there are a ton of good options for pizza. Eat only the toppings. Make "faux" pizza with only toppings, with chicken breast based crust, cauliflower crust (not a fan, myself), fat head crust, etc. Tons of options! Limiting yourself creates a craving/binge scenario. :) I incorporated pizza stuffs regularly in my first year...probably should get back to it! :)
  • Marcelynh
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast with pico and guacamole topping for dinner. I could put avocado or guacamole on everything.... wait I just about do!

Spent the day tilling the garden. Getting it ready to plant. I want to have seedlings in the ground by the end of the month and have my beans planted. Spring is about to be sprung here. :) whoo hoo!
  • nessibear999
    nessibear999 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just started keto last week (started Monday 12th) first 3 days were horrible for me but I think I'm getting better. I have 4 kids and so of course there is lots to eat here that I can't have, that's the real hard part for me! Love all your post, I'm not alone in this fight.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hey pals. Gonna get it together any day now. Starting with checking in.

For activity, I'm trying to get into a steps routine. Current goal is 6,000 steps daily, heading in the direction of 15,000 thou over time.
    This week I averaged about 3,500 per day. I'm good with that, dealing with new aches and pains. ..so I'm okay with taking it slow.

I'm hoping that refocusing on an easy activity routine will help reduce my current keto anxiety and food plan resistance.
    Little successes with the daily steps routine are making me feel in the game again.
    I'm known sometimes for really going into weird, often negative places in my mind over food issues and body expectations.
    So, this little steps thing has me feeling better.
    Driving to the Cape tomorrow with my son. I am so looking forward to getting out on the road for a bit. Feeling that cabin fever big time right now.
    Have a great weekend, pals!
  • elize7
    Options
    I'm realizing that this particular keto thread has become my online home base. This is where I update, this is where I regroup, this is where I reward myself, this is where I reveal my journey. I use alot of the features in this app on a daily basis, but this thread really is home base for me.
    Keto really was the key for my weightloss and health. No matter what happens in the future or how I struggle with maintenance...I know I can get my body and mind stable with keto. Keto is home base. Nothing else really works for me long term, and I know it saved my life. The people in this thread seem to get that. Thanks for being here, pals.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    I'm realizing that this particular keto thread has become my online home base. This is where I update, this is where I regroup, this is where I reward myself, this is where I reveal my journey. I use alot of the features in this app on a daily basis, but this thread really is home base for me.
    Keto really was the key for my weightloss and health. No matter what happens in the future or how I struggle with maintenance...I know I can get my body and mind stable with keto. Keto is home base. Nothing else really works for me long term, and I know it saved my life. The people in this thread seem to get that. Thanks for being here, pals.

So glad to see you posting @elize7 ! I love how open and honest you are.

Yesterday was my first truly successful keto day in w while. Let’s stay connected and hold each other accountable.
  • elize7
    Options
    I'm down with that, Christie!
  • Marcelynh
    Options
    @elize7 I totally get the "this is home place". I visit a couple of different threads. One is super super active, we are talking over 100 posts a day easily. Mostly chit-chat. It kind of drives me crazy. I find myself going there less and less because I don't do Facebook or any social media for a reason and that thread is like Facebook all over again without the political at least. MFP is not a social group for me as much as a support group for learning to eat and be healthy. I'm grateful for the people in the Keto groups and threads I go to that teach me and encourage me. Granted some people need to learn tact but when you tamp down those feeling of offense (they don't know me, why should I be offended?) then there is an amazing group of people who have experiences they can share and help you with issues that you find along the journey.

Keto has been an awesome experience for me. The high was running the marathon while on the keto diet. Never ran out of energy. Had some issues afterwards but thanks to some folks here I figured out the issue and am better informed for post-race and race fueling next time.

My biggest struggle remains to be the munchies. I pick "good" keto snacks but I am beginning to believe I have an addictive personality because one piece turns into 20 and one handful turns into a whole package. It's like I just can't stop. I like that "full" feeling but it's like I don't recognize full. Make sense? It's frustrating because it makes me feel like a total failure when I realize that I've downed a cup of pecans instead of the one ounce I had originally measured out.... Self control. I lack it.
This discussion has been closed.