TEAM: The Slimsons (January)

Options

Replies

• mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    KETO coffee is a real treat for me. It keeps me satisfied. I still am going to try to keep it in my window. When I do a clean fast, I cannot have it. I will try just the butter sometime.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Slimsons and welcome to January Week 1!!

me3xs3gn42g2.jpg

We are all in this together. If you're struggling, call it out, there's strength in numbers and we are all here to support each other. If you're crushing it, share it too, success is inspiring!! Let's work toward our goals together and crush January!!

I would like to invite everyone to share their goals for January (totally optional). Studies show that if you are making tangible, measurable goals and share your goal with others, you're more likely to reach it.

My goals for January are to get stronger (lift 10-20 lbs more) and lose 5 lbs, which is a very reasonable 1 pound per week.
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    January goals. I have 4 of them. Get under 200lbs. So lose ten pounds. This is going to be tough since I have 5 birthdays to attend (my son included). Eat less processed food. I have purchased pretty much a months worth of frozen veggies and meats. The only thing processed we eat are the sidekicks. Drink more water. So important. Last but not least. Look into instructor training. Can fit, Les mills and Zumba strong. Booya
  • mexiconona
    Options
    Help, I just had 3 Bailey’s Turin chocolates!
  • AB0215
    Options
    mexiconona wrote: »
    Help, I just had 3 Bailey’s Turin chocolates!

Well, look at it like this...your next meal is your next opportunity to eat towards your goals...we all mess up, but it's what you do next that's important.
  • mexiconona
    Options
    Thanks, I needed that!
  • sarahann104
    sarahann104 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy New Year.

Welcome to all the new challengers:) It's a really great and supportive team.
    I'm Sarah, single mum to 2 boys in Western Australia. I am on a weight loss and strength/toning journey at the moment and I fell off the wagon hard in December, This month I am going to climb back on and kick it's *Kitten*.
    I have added weight loss to my new 12 week year challenge at home that starts today, If I don't get on track I only let myself down.
    Mentally and emotionally I am in a really great place, I just need to be present when I eat and start using the app properly again, It is clear to me that I can't just "guesstimate" what I am eating.

I wish you all luck with your goals in the coming month:)
  • AB0215
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Thanks, I needed that!

@mexiconona Here's a couple Keto recipes that might help curb your chocolate/sweet tooth:
    Keto Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
    Chocolate Cheesecake Fatbombs The second is my recipe and sometimes I add a few Lily's Chocolate Chips to the top for a little extra treat.

@sarahann104 Really looking forward to a fresh start in January and hoping that everyone has a great time supporting each other!
    I am right there with you on the being present when I eat, I usually track what I think I want to eat before I even cook it so that I know what I'm eating, because when I don't do that, that's when I over eat. And 12 weeks is a great short term stretch to help reach your smaller goals.

@gjaholy33 Looking good Birthday Girl!! I KNOW you will get to feeling better this month, just take one day at a time.
    Also--are you changing your weigh in day to Sat or do you want to keep Friday?
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Goals: Stay under calories, rest to help with kicking this head cold.
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes--light house cleaning, 20-30 mins.
    Water Intake: 2 ltrs
  • swopen
    swopen Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    swopen
    Week: January Week 1
    Weigh-in Day: Monday
    PW: 248.0
    CW: 246.2
  • jennfalzon1979
    Options
    Jennfalzon1979
    PW - 209.2
    CW - 210.1
    Week 1

Considering the week between Christmas & New Years was filled with coffee, booze, cheese and chocolate...I am happy it’s only a slight gain. Back to the gym tomorrow. I will kill it this month.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Thanks, I needed that!

@mexiconona Here's a couple Keto recipes that might help curb your chocolate/sweet tooth:
    Keto Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
    Chocolate Cheesecake Fatbombs The second is my recipe and sometimes I add a few Lily's Chocolate Chips to the top for a little extra treat.

@sarahann104 Really looking forward to a fresh start in January and hoping that everyone has a great time supporting each other!
    I am right there with you on the being present when I eat, I usually track what I think I want to eat before I even cook it so that I know what I'm eating, because when I don't do that, that's when I over eat. And 12 weeks is a great short term stretch to help reach your smaller goals.

@gjaholy33 Looking good Birthday Girl!! I KNOW you will get to feeling better this month, just take one day at a time.
    Also--are you changing your weigh in day to Sat or do you want to keep Friday?

Thank you! I'm sure of it too and will! Yes I am changing to Saturday it will be better for me as lately I've been late so it is just better to change it. THANKS❤❤
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    swopen wrote: »
    swopen
    Week: January Week 1
    Weigh-in Day: Monday
    PW: 248.0
    CW: 246.2

Go girl❤❤
  • AB0215
    Options
    Happy New Year and Happy Monday Slimsons!!

zgdcjfi7lhh1.jpg

Today happens to be both a Monday and a New Year!!

Let's crush our goals!!

This weeks Question of the Week is:
    Did you make a New Year's Resolutions and if you did, what was it?

I never make New Year's Resolutions, I have always found that after like 3 weeks, my resolve fizzles after the New Year isn't so new anymore.
  • sarahann104
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone:)
    Yesterday went really well and I have checked off everything on my list. I am going to take this one day at a time this month. Not as much pre planning in my head, I think that is part of why I lost all momentum.

Question of the week:
    I haven't made a resolution, I never do. They tend to last a week or 2 and then drop off, then I feel bad about not doing well.
    at christmas I read a book called the 12 Week Year, It is based on doing in 12 week what you would in a year..... (I'm not the best at explaining things lol) I loved it and that is what I started yesterday, Weight loss (8kg) is one of my first 12 week year goals. I have 4 goals and am looking forward to seeing how my first 12 weeks goes.

Another thing I have implemented in the last week is a morning routine. I have found that I am more present in my day and have so much more energy by doing it. I would do a night routine as well but I am happy with going to bed with my laptop and netflix as a routine. I do make sure to drink 600ml water before sleeping though.
    I got the morning routine info from this website:
    http://www.asianefficiency.com/rituals-morning/

Have a great day/night everyone.
  • sarahann104
    Options
    sarahann104
    week 1
    weigh day - Monday
    Prev weight - 194.6
    Current Weight - 193.5
  • jennfalzon1979
    Options
    New Years Resolution: be selfish.
    Sounds horrible right? It was a hard resolution to make, but I’ve put myself last so much that I ended up obese. I need to look after myself first so that I can take care of my family in the long run.
  • AB0215
    Options
    New Years Resolution: be selfish.
    Sounds horrible right? It was a hard resolution to make, but I’ve put myself last so much that I ended up obese. I need to look after myself first so that I can take care of my family in the long run.

I know the feeling! Good for you though, you have to make yourself a priority if you want to reach your goals!!
  • mexiconona
    Options
    Week 1
    Weigh day Monday
    Previous Weight 160
    Today’s Weight 157.5
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes 65 min. Stationary bike , aerobics
This discussion has been closed.