TEAM: The Slimsons (January)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Goals: Stay under calories, get my errands done, get the house in order....and let's just say that I managed to actually complete ONE of those things.
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes--10 min walk, 30 minutes housework.
    Water Intake: 2 ltrs
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Track, yes
    Calories, yes
    Exercise, no
    Weigh in date 160
    Monday’s Weight 157.5
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday

-Track?: Yes!!
    -Calories: Underneath. Protein helps SO much with staying full. Major key. But I have an issue with keeping carbs as low as they need to be even though I've been eating much less than I used to.
    -Exercise: 20 minutes on the elliptical. 228 calories burned.
    -Water: 6 cups

Pretty good day. School starts tomorrow but I'm determined to stay on track.
  • sarahann104
    sarahann104 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    One of my fave quick and easy meals - Fried Rice
    I try to always have cooked brown rice in the fridge. I can then make any number of quick meals.
    Today i used chicken for my protein,
    Frozen mixed vegies,
    2 eggs
    soy sauce
    That's it. I weighed it all as I put it in the pan and in less than 10 mins had a really tasty meal.

I will probably have it again tonight but with more vegies and some bacon.
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Daily Post:(Tuesday)
    Exercise: Yes 2500calories burned landscaping and general farm work.
  • deanit
    deanit Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Track - Not currently.
    Calories - not certain; although I'll be starting metabolic balance diet in a couple of weeks. I just had my blood work done and then the nutritionist will devise my eating plan based on those results.
    Exercise - Not currently. I'm dealing with some tendinitis issues so my PT won't let me exercise for a few weeks. Damn peri-menopause...it's wreaking havoc on my body with aches and pains...anyone else??
    Water - 2 liters
  • mjohemme
    mjohemme Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)
    I am going to a weight loss surgery seminar this evening. It was suggested by my doctor, but I'm not sure that this is what I want to do. I am going to educate myself on the topic and decide what is right for me. Your thoughts, all?

Tuesday (I do these in the morning, so my info is for yesterday)
    Exercise: Yes
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    mjohemme wrote: »
    I am going to a weight loss surgery seminar this evening. It was suggested by my doctor, but I'm not sure that this is what I want to do. I am going to educate myself on the topic and decide what is right for me. Your thoughts, all?

I personally don't like the elective surgery options. But one can never have too much information right? I must admit, I have given serious consideration to what I might do with my spare skin when I finally reach my goals.

• AB0215
    Options
    @Fyreside I have had the same thought about what I might do if I have loose skin, but I'm currently doing everything I can to avoid the issue and I happen to have the baby face type skin still so I might luck out...**crossing fingers**
    I will say this, surgery to remove the skin isn't off the table for me as I think I would rather have that as a final goodbye to my old self/lifestyle. As for weight loss surgery, I looked into all of those and decided that they weren't for me...I actually know someone who had one of them and it's no picnic..

@deanit Can't say I have ever had that issue but I am no stranger to injury...I tend to push myself super hard and then end up setting myself back--so take it easy!! You might consider tracking your food anyway, even if you're not making changes to your diet yet.....it's good to have a baseline and to get into the habit of tracking.

@sarahann104 I do love fried rice, and it's super easy to make! I did however give that up and now when I have a craving, I make cauliflower fried "rice" instead, slightly different taste, but still good!

Once again, you guys are doing great!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Team!

Let's make today a Workout Wednesday!!

Let's try to get in some activity today, even if it's just housework!

grgau8kvd902.jpg

I had a DR visit today and he's releasing me back into the wild (slowly)--I can get back into my lower body workouts and I'm pumped! Had a new PR on the Overhead Press today and then did a circuit that included a Kettlebell Deadlift--just to start getting me back into the swing of things!
  • saladhead123
    saladhead123 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Quick question, am I supposed to post my losses each day or just on weigh in day?
  • sarahann104
    sarahann104 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Quick question, am I supposed to post my losses each day or just on weigh in day?

Just on weigh in day.
    I like to weigh myself every morning, But I have to keep in mind what I've eaten over the previous few days or the fluctuations could make me a little worried lol.
  • saladhead123
    Options

Just on weigh in day.
    I like to weigh myself every morning, But I have to keep in mind what I've eaten over the previous few days or the fluctuations could make me a little worried lol.

Thanks, Sarahann! Yes I'm the same!
  • MLL0319
    MLL0319 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 20 min stationary bike 20 min strength training
    Went to lunch with a friend and chose a healthier option. Allowed me to stay within my calories.
  • saladhead123
    Options
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes, but not nearly as vigorous as I would have liked. Sedentary for way too long, and then overdid it :neutral: so waiting for my back to heal and doing some walking until then.
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday
    Track - you bet
    Calories - under. Made an awesome stir fry for dinner and treated myself to some wine
    Exercise: shovelling stupid snow and body combat (1 hr)
    Water: 80 ounces

Wednesday’s are my kick butt day. However today I feel so drained. Hoping the holiday sluggish feeling goes soon.
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Calories: yes under
    Exercise: yes 19 min but not as much as I would like
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Daily Post
    Track - Yep!
    Calories - yes...under