TEAM: The Slimsons (January)

Options

Replies

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    What were your Non-Scale Victories this week?

That I made it to the gym 5 times this week I went STRONG despite that I had only returned to the gym the week before. My BIGGEST NSV was that yesterday was the FIRST TIME in over a year's membership there, I actually took a shower there. They have kind of an open community shower (women only of course), but to shower, undress, everything, it's all in the open. I never felt anywhere close to being comfortable enough to attempt it. So for me, this was HUGE. Another NSV was that on your 100th attendance of your gym, you get a gym t-shirt with their logo on it. That was last week for me, but I didn't get the t-shirt until this week. They gave me a MEDIUM and it fit perfectly! I was seriously jumping internally for joy at that one. It's been so long since a medium actually fit. And even better, it appeared to be a women's medium! Lots of NSV's this week, happy happy!

Wow you had a lot of NSV's this week such a great accomplishment! :D:D I especially know all about the open Community showers when I was swimming in the summertime at the rec center is nothing but open Community showers no shelter so you have to really get out your comfort zone if you wanted to be clean so I applaud you for attempting that and especially for getting into that Medium shirt woohoo you go girl you're doing it just keep up the good work honey!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Weigh in:
    Username:ssssanaaaa
    Weigh in week: 4
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's Weight:194.4
    Current Weight:194.1 (This was taken this morning).

Comments:
    GUYS. I reached 192.1 before this weekend and I was so happy but I'm always so much more lax on the weekend which ruins me. My brother decided on taking us to a buffet on his birthday so that messed me up but at least I still have a little loss since last week? BUT IT'S THE LAST WEEK before the end of January! So going to pick up the gears and go really hard this week and reach my goal! We got this!!

(Also, are we weighing in one more time before the end of the month?)

This challenge has been so helpful in helping me to understand where my weaknesses and strengths are. The daily log not only holds me accountable but also is like a little journal for myself to help reflect on what went well, what can go better, any patterns that I notice, and what my goals are for the week. AND I definitely lost weight during it! Will definitely be joining February after the last log for January!! I'm so excited for this week because I KNOW it will go well!

Keep up the positive attitude and you will surely see a difference on that scale girl you doing such a good job and I just applaud you for all the effort that you have put it in this month congratulations
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    How's everything going?

Everything is alright! What about you? :)

Moving slowing trying to stay motivated through the back pain which is what keeping me downtrodden
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    GUYS. I reached 192.1 before this weekend and I was so happy but I'm always so much more lax on the weekend which ruins me. My brother decided on taking us to a buffet on his birthday so that messed me up but at least I still have a little loss since last week? BUT IT'S THE LAST WEEK before the end of January! So going to pick up the gears and go really hard this week and reach my goal! We got this!!

This challenge has been so helpful in helping me to understand where my weaknesses and strengths are. The daily log not only holds me accountable but also is like a little journal for myself to help reflect on what went well, what can go better, any patterns that I notice, and what my goals are for the week. AND I definitely lost weight during it! Will definitely be joining February after the last log for January!! I'm so excited for this week because I KNOW it will go well!

Argh.. gotta hate that weigh in day spike. I'm with you, the daily logging keeps me connected to my goals, which might otherwise just be swept away by generally busy life. Go for those goals :)
    Pretty sure Jan has 5 weeks in the comp.

• ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options

Moving slowing trying to stay motivated through the back pain which is what keeping me downtrodden

You got this girly. I hope you feel better! But stay motivated! You're doing so well. Don't let life get in the way!
    Honestly, I'm not in a great place emotionally myself but trying to keep myself happy regardless and stay focused on goals and things I can control instead of things I can't control.
  • ssssanaaaa
    Options

Keep up the positive attitude and you will surely see a difference on that scale girl you doing such a good job and I just applaud you for all the effort that you have put it in this month congratulations

Thank you so much <3 You too. You've been active on here since day 1!
  • ssssanaaaa
    Options
    Fyreside wrote: »

Argh.. gotta hate that weigh in day spike. I'm with you, the daily logging keeps me connected to my goals, which might otherwise just be swept away by generally busy life. Go for those goals :)
    Pretty sure Jan has 5 weeks in the comp.

I know. They're the worst. In February I'm changing my weigh in day to Friday lol. We got this!
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Daily Post:(Monday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes I pressed on to finish the project I'd started on the weekend, but by the end of the day I just feel shattered. I'm going to have to pencil in a rest day midweek or I think I'll be at risk of burnout.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options

There will be 5 weeks in January, so, yes there will be one more weigh in.

Also, I'm so glad you find the challenge helpful, I do too, it helps me to stay accountable.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Today ended up being a rest day. My knee was hurting (I guess I overdid it this weekend) so I skipped the workout and just did my PT exercises. I haven't logged any food today. It was just a really mixed up day. I didn't do grocery shopping yesterday so I totally improvised on what I ate today.
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Daily Post

Track. Yes
    Calories. Under
    Exercise. Was supposed to do step class but ended up doing a HIIT class. My butt is on fire.
    Water. 104 ounces
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise 25 minutes of walking my dog
    Water 80 oz

Best non scale victory this week happened today... actually twice! A very good friend and co-worker saw me for the first time in about ten days and her first reaction was "Oh my God, you are so skinny!". I am far from skinny, but it was nice that she saw a difference. Later in the day, a retired staff member popped in to visit and she noticed that I had lost weight too! A great feeling!
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Today, Monday is weigh in day. 153.5
    Last week was 154.5
    Original Weight 160
    Tracking. Yes
    Calories. Yes
    Exercise. No
  • sentra99
    sentra99 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Username: sentra99
    Weigh in week: January Week 4
    Previous Week's Weight: 205.2
    Weight: 204.3
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh day

Pw 229.2
    Cw 228.4
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise no

Slow week but at least no weight gain
  • carolmonson
    carolmonson Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Weigh in:
    Username: carolmonson
    Weigh in week: 3
    Start weight :236 (107.1
    Previous Week's Weight: 234 (106.3)
    Current weight : 234 (106.3)
  • mjohemme
    mjohemme Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Username: mjohemme
    Weigh in week: January Week 4
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 273.75
    Weight: 272.5

Daily Post (Tuesday)
    We have a birthday at work this morning, so I had coffee at home with creamer for 35 calories instead of my normal 110 cal cold brew from Starbucks. Also, it will replace my breakfast (not the healthiest option, but works calorie-wise). I also brought soup for lunch to compensate for the extra calories. We have another one tomorrow. :neutral:

Monday (I do these in the morning, so my info is for yesterday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Not enough to count for my goals
  • AB0215
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    Today ended up being a rest day. My knee was hurting (I guess I overdid it this weekend) so I skipped the workout and just did my PT exercises. I haven't logged any food today. It was just a really mixed up day. I didn't do grocery shopping yesterday so I totally improvised on what I ate today.

Rest isn't necessarily a bad thing...but at least you did your PT. We all have those days were the grocery store is just not going to happen, but hang in there :)
  • AB0215
    Options
    JJKM02 wrote: »
    Daily Post
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise 25 minutes of walking my dog
    Water 80 oz

Best non scale victory this week happened today... actually twice! A very good friend and co-worker saw me for the first time in about ten days and her first reaction was "Oh my God, you are so skinny!". I am far from skinny, but it was nice that she saw a difference. Later in the day, a retired staff member popped in to visit and she noticed that I had lost weight too! A great feeling!

That's so exciting!! It's super motivating too, congrats!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    mexiconona wrote: »
    Today, Monday is weigh in day. 153.5
    Last week was 154.5
    Original Weight 160
    Tracking. Yes
    Calories. Yes
    Exercise. No

Great job, you're chipping away at it!!
This discussion has been closed.