The august ladies' August check in and chat

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    For now, it's only a 10 minute warm up and I would rather do that while I am fresh especially while I am on pretty low weights. I will reassess as I progress though. Thanks for the heads up ;)
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    For now, it's only a 10 minute warm up and I would rather do that while I am fresh especially while I am on pretty low weights. I will reassess as I progress though. Thanks for the heads up ;)

I highly doubt 10 minutes of warm-up on the elliptical is going to hurt your lifting, especially not with such a huge deload back to the bar. I do 20 minutes actually, and some days I add yoga and end up progressing through my lifting session without issues. However, that's an individual thing of course, and as your cardio becomes more demanding and/or your lifts become heavier and your lifting sessions longer, you might consider lifting first and doing cardio after, or on non-lifting days. I wouldn't worry about it right at the moment though.
    I never, NEVER would have thought I could actually lift weights. Thanks ladies for being so encouraging and patient!

Of course you can lift heavy! Women have been able to lifting heavy for millenia, and perform hard physical work all over the globe in all sorts of cultures! We just have to know we can! :smile: