Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

2018 - The Year of " I AM "

1272829303133»

Replies

• milove1029
    milove1029 Posts: 308 Member
    Yes, Suzy I have to increase my water intake, I had a urinary tract infection about a month ago the first time in my life.
    Suzy that is the best way, but it is difficult for me to measure everything seem like I don't have any extra time. I am going to try. Wednesday is my weigh in day, so it is perfect for the New Year.

Thanks, Snoozie for the confirmation for the coffee, I so enjoy it but I only will do one cup now daily. And Vail thanks for the confirmation for the wine, I so love it but I am limiting it to 5 ml daily, At least most of the time :)
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited December 2018
    Good morning Hatters!

Wow.. its kinda hard to believe today is the last day of 2018.. in some ways the whole year seems to have flown by so quickly and in others.. not so much lol..

So i picked today for my weigh in and re set of everything from my ticker to my current weight to "end" the year... and in planning my move forward, i did enter "A" goal weight on my ticker, but only to use as a guideline, it isn't set in stone because I have decided i will know when I reach a comfortable weight I want to be at, and it may not be the specific number I put in, but it's one of those "guidelines" or rules that I need to have in place as a target..

But this time I have decided that "goal weight" number will NOT be a stressor for me.

I am going to be focusing on getting rid of all the excess weight I carry this year - but I'm not projecting how much per week to lose, or how much per month etc.. I'm just going to commit every single day to making the choice to take care of myself, and the weight WILL come off as I do the work to make it happen.

My choice for 2019 is to lose the excess weight I'm carrying, which is approx 23-25 lbs, and to choose to take better care of myself. :)

Suzy - i loved reading your post and well done you on having thought out what you want to do, and for having chosen an "action plan" for getting what you want for yourself! Woo to the hoo!

Milove - as our 2019 focus will be on choices, i think we need to remember that enjoying things like our morning coffee or evening glass of wine or anything really...shouldn't be considered "bad" choices (at least IMO).. they are simply "a" choice we make. As you know my morning coffee made the way i like it, is truly a small joy to me, and a choice every day I am absolutely comfortable with. :) I love that you have figured out what you don't want to do, and what you do want to do, to move forward in the new year!

Vail - I applaud your decision to try the habitbull tracker and implement some things that have worked for you before like the herbal tea at night, etc. You reminded me that both trying new things and sticking with those tried and true tools are both important!!

• Snooozie
    edited December 2018
    Ok I was too late to edit my post above lol.... but i've been thinking for the start of our new 2019 thread ... about combining both ideas from Vail and Suzy - maybe something along the lines of "2019: I want to see what happens if I don't give up - here we go!!"

Any yeas or nays ?

• suzyqholland
    suzyqholland Posts: 1,362 Member
    Sounds good to me! Happy (and healthy) New Year Hatters!!!
  • Snooozie
    edited December 2018
    Happy new year to all as well and vail as u r about 5 hours ahead of the rest of us I think it's just about New Year's where you are so I'm going to try to start a new thread for 2019 now but I'm at work and I'm not sure I can login from here; ok I did it here's the link to the 2019 thread - HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10715062/2019-i-want-to-see-what-happens-if-i-dont-give-up-here-we-go/p1?new=1