Replies

• Bambinam
    Bambinam Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Exercise - just walking
    Track - yes
    Calories - over
    Is been a bad week, busy and very tired. I hope I can make up on the remaining days of this week.
  • mjohemme
    mjohemme Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Username: mjohemme
    Weigh in week: February Week 2
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 270.5
    Weight: 268.5

Daily Post (Wednesday)
    I forgot to post my weigh in yesterday, so here it is now. Yesterday was a Fat Tuesday (aptly named) potluck at work for lunch followed by a Galentine's chocolate and wine event last evening. Yeah, not even feeling bad about it right now. Of course, next weigh in day, I might, so I need to get back on track between now and then.

Tuesday (I do these in the morning, so my info is for yesterday)
    Track: No
    Calories: No
    Exercise: No
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Daily Post for Tuesday

Track: Yes
    Calories: No.... but I was only over by 30....
    Exercise: Meh, the usual.
    Water: 114 oz

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!! <3<3<3

Since yesterday was "Fat Tuesday", I came home to my mom making steak dinner with chocolate cake for dessert... I did pretty well, but when my baby girl doesn't finish her food, I have to finish it for her. I can't waste it! So I was under my calorie goal by 7, until she decided she didn't want to finish her cheese and banana. So I did my motherly duty and ate the leftovers ;) (sooo good.....). It wasn't much. But it put me over in calories by about 30. Oh well!
    My weigh in is tomorrow, so definitely eating lighter today! hahaha
  • tinak33
    Options
    143tobe wrote: »
    My scale finally moved in the right direction this morning!! I'm official in the 150's!! B)B)B)

WOOHOO!!!!!!! THAT'S AWESOME!!!!! B)B)B)

totally "woo"d your post, btw... :D
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday
    Track: Yes.
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: Yes, dance practice.
    Water: About 64 ounces.

To be honest, I've been doing really bad on staying on track and eating healthy these past few days. Ever since last Friday. Feeling kind of crappy about it. Like Friday night it was girls' night out and we went to a Persian Restaurant and I had koobideh and rice, on Satuday it was my mom's birthday and we had pizza and cake, on Sunday I was studying for my exam and had Taco Bell with my brother, on Monday I was also studying and had Chipotle for dinner, yesterday was my exam and I had Teriyaki chicken with rice for lunch AND my mom ordered costco pizza so I had a slice of that for dinner. My food intake has sucked since Friday and I think it probably has taken a toll on my weight. I feel so bleh.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Step class and Bodypump
    Water Intake: over 100 ounces

I'm exhausted today. Working out on just 4 hours of sleep is no bueno.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Day/Goals: Stayed under calories, went to my show, decided to take the 4 flights of stairs in the parking garage for some added activity, pretty happy with that decision. My tiny house guest went home so she can start getting back to normal, hopefully my whole family can, but there's still a road ahead of us there.
    Track: Nope
    Calories: Probably, I ate what I normally eat
    Exercise: Sortof. I had activity, walked a couple blocks, took the stairs in the parking garage, but no official workouts.
    Water Intake: 99 oz
  • tinak33
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »

To be honest, I've been doing really bad on staying on track and eating healthy these past few days. Ever since last Friday. Feeling kind of crappy about it. Like Friday night it was girls' night out and we went to a Persian Restaurant and I had koobideh and rice, on Satuday it was my mom's birthday and we had pizza and cake, on Sunday I was studying for my exam and had Taco Bell with my brother, on Monday I was also studying and had Chipotle for dinner, yesterday was my exam and I had Teriyaki chicken with rice for lunch AND my mom ordered costco pizza so I had a slice of that for dinner. My food intake has sucked since Friday and I think it probably has taken a toll on my weight. I feel so bleh.

Awww..... sorry you feel that way.... that was my entire month of January. haha
    Just keep tracking and take it one day at a time! I went out to eat on Monday for lunch. Was all about being better on Tuesday because I over ate on Monday. Fat Tuesday happened and my mom was all "here's tons of awesome food and cake!!" So today I am trying to be on point and eat light since weigh in day is tomorrow.....
    Forget about the weekend, forget about the past few days.
    What are you having today? Maybe log the food in advance and see if that helps? Keep coming back here for daily posts. That helps.
    And we all have times when we eat and eat and eat..... Like Fyreside said in a previous post somewhere (I have it printed and posted on my computer now) - "Discipline is choosing between what you want now, and what you want most."

You got this. <3<3
  • AB0215
    Options
    @crazedknight You're doing great, and the sodium becomes less of an issue if you're exercising and drinking lots of water, but you're aware of your "weaknesses" or "areas of opportunity" as I like to think of them and I think that's half the battle when you're trying to change your habits!!

@Calli1616 Honestly, I think posting helps, regardless of what you're posting. I think it keeps your goals fresh in your mind and helps keep you on track and you're doing great!! Keep it up!!

@143tobe AWESOME JOB! Congrats!! Patience and persistence pay off!! Sometimes it just takes a little bit longer than we want it to and the key is not to give up! Working out on 4 hours of sleep has been my entire week!! I haven't adjusted to having a toddler in my house and I am still staying up late and getting up super early with her..no bueno, but thankfully there's coffee!

@Bambinam We all have those days or even weeks that just don't go our way. The trick is to let yourself off the hook because shaming yourself really isn't going to help! What is going to help is forgiving yourself and picking up where you left off because quitting isn't going to help for sure!!

@mjohemme You are doing a great job, awesome loss! Keep up the great work!!

@tinak33 Well you still didn't do too bad, even eating her left overs!!

@ssssanaaaa I understand how hard it is when you get off track to get back on track. But definitely don't beat yourself up because that's not going to help, forgive yourself and start again, with the next meal--don't delay--getting further from your new "habits" will only make it harder to get back I think. Honestly for me, it's where the "eating for my goals" phrase came from. I don't "diet" I just eat for my goals. My goals are to gain muscle and lose fat and that means I can't overeat and not eat properly or I won't attain my goals. So even when I go out, and tomorrow is my birthday (I am going to make some "diet" friendly cupcakes to celebrate) and last weekend was my big birthday party...I didn't overeat, I even made my own diet friendly birthday cheesecake to bring to my party...sometimes it's about finding the balance. And I would rather modify my plans/food plans to include those special occassions, but I don't eat off plan because I can't get back on and it's been my downfall in the past. I think that when I started thinking of it as "eating for my goals" it was really a game changer for me.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Question of the Week:

If you could have one food calorie free for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

I know I have asked this question a few months back, but it's still my favorite question, it's just fun to think about.
    Mine would most definitely be pizza. I LOVE pizza. Regular pizza, pizza bagels, pizza rolls, calzones, you name it, I want it. Just saying.
  • AB0215
    edited February 2018
    Options
    o4hse65viq6v.jpg

Let's make today a Workout Wednesday.

I am going to head to the gym tonight, later, after like 9 I think. I am testing out a new workout schedule to see how it fits in to my routine. I was doing sunday, tuesday, thursday, and friday. But I might try sunday morning, monday night, wednesday night, and friday morning. I was really energized yesterday after monday's late night workout so I am going to try it again, well maybe, I might just go back to it tomorrow, depends on how I end up spending my evening.
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    One food calorie free? Toss up between wine and chips. Salt and Vinegar chips are my weakness. I put them in the freezer and the taste just pops. (Drooooool)
    Instead of a big bag of chips, I treat myself to a small bag every once in awhile. Moderation is the key.
  • ssssanaaaa
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »

Awww..... sorry you feel that way.... that was my entire month of January. haha
    Just keep tracking and take it one day at a time! I went out to eat on Monday for lunch. Was all about being better on Tuesday because I over ate on Monday. Fat Tuesday happened and my mom was all "here's tons of awesome food and cake!!" So today I am trying to be on point and eat light since weigh in day is tomorrow.....
    Forget about the weekend, forget about the past few days.
    What are you having today? Maybe log the food in advance and see if that helps? Keep coming back here for daily posts. That helps.
    And we all have times when we eat and eat and eat..... Like Fyreside said in a previous post somewhere (I have it printed and posted on my computer now) - "Discipline is choosing between what you want now, and what you want most."

You got this. <3<3

You're so sweet. Thank you <3 I'm doing much better today. The past few days I would have already been over my calories lol. I usually don't eat out but it's so weird these past few days have been going out to eat every day lol. I notice now that I had been getting into that bad habit of saying "oh, well, I'll just start tomorrow" again and as we all know if you keep doing that, you'll never do it. Also, yeah! I do tend to log in food in advance but then someone else changes the plan up. From now on I'm going to try not to eat anything I didn't plan out before to see if it fits into my calorie limit. I like that quote a lot.
  • ssssanaaaa
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    @ssssanaaaa I understand how hard it is when you get off track to get back on track. But definitely don't beat yourself up because that's not going to help, forgive yourself and start again, with the next meal--don't delay--getting further from your new "habits" will only make it harder to get back I think. Honestly for me, it's where the "eating for my goals" phrase came from. I don't "diet" I just eat for my goals. My goals are to gain muscle and lose fat and that means I can't overeat and not eat properly or I won't attain my goals. So even when I go out, and tomorrow is my birthday (I am going to make some "diet" friendly cupcakes to celebrate) and last weekend was my big birthday party...I didn't overeat, I even made my own diet friendly birthday cheesecake to bring to my party...sometimes it's about finding the balance. And I would rather modify my plans/food plans to include those special occassions, but I don't eat off plan because I can't get back on and it's been my downfall in the past. I think that when I started thinking of it as "eating for my goals" it was really a game changer for me.

I think you're right. The more time I give the bad habits, the harder it will be to get back to the good ones. That's a good mindset. I think the past few days I just kept giving myself excuses: Mom's birthday, my birthday, studying, then post-exam. Just need to stay focused regardless of the occasion. "Eating for my goals" sounds really motivating. Thank you for always supporting me. <3
  • ssssanaaaa
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Question of the Week:

If you could have one food calorie free for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

I know I have asked this question a few months back, but it's still my favorite question, it's just fun to think about.
    Mine would most definitely be pizza. I LOVE pizza. Regular pizza, pizza bagels, pizza rolls, calzones, you name it, I want it. Just saying.

Pizza is a good one. For me it's definitely pasta. Carb-loaded deliciousness. lol
  • tinak33
    Options
    One calorie free food for the rest if my life??? PIZZA. Hands down. Always. I would eat it every day. Lol
  • tinak33
    Options
    Daily post for Wednesday:
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: nothing outside the norm
    Water: 116 oz

I did a daily post on the same day!!!! Woohoo!! Hahaha :D:D
  • AB0215
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Thank you for always supporting me. <3

Of course, always!!

That's why I like this group so much, we all struggle, have success and sharing it either way helps. If we vocalize our struggles, that can help us to be conscious of it and also, people can share their experiences and how they got past it, because we all have challenges and struggles!! But also, success is so motivating too!!!
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Daily Post for Wednesday
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise 90 minutes in the pool
    Water about 80oz
This discussion has been closed.