TEAM: Gutbusters (March)

Options

Replies

• parinzz
    parinzz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 sending lots of love to you and your family during this difficult. Pets truly become a part of the family, I hope your beautiful bengal is at peace.
  • parinzz
    Options
    Username: parinzz
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    Previous week's weight: 140.0
    Current weight: 140.0
  • slofitness1978
    slofitness1978 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Feb 28th

Exercise: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Tracking: Yes

March 1st

Exercise: Yes
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    March 2
    Exercised?: Yes. Walk 6km in 46mins (hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Nice to get back walking again after the last 2 days. Good pace too.

Unfortunately my daughter is ill at the moment. Stayed home from school, but is doing all the right things by resting, keeping warm and keeping fluids up.

Yay for the weekend. Looking forward to some nice weather.

Daily Strength challenge

"Challenge for March 02 is squats (no weight - air squat - http://www.12minuteathlete.com/how-to-do-a-proper-air-squat/).
    You can do assisted squats (using a table or bench top to take weight off the knees if it is too much)."

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 60% of the number you did in the first set (half, then another 10%), wait 2 mins
    • Third set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)

• craigo3154
    Options
    Just found this thread. A little techy challenged!
    Anyhow I am 62 years young and have around 100 to lose
    Feb 28/18
    Tracked. Yes
    Calories yes
    Exercised no ( bad knee)

@jamiewilldo. Welcome back.

Bad knees limits activity options, but there are still plenty of other things you can do.

The most gentle activity is always swimming (it keeps the body supported). However slow walking also counts. Even modified cycling can be easy on the knees too. Depending on the range of motion and load bearing capacity of the knee, there are a number of bodyweight or upper body exercise that can be done.

The 2 main things about activity are:
    1. It should be enjoyable (something that you can do daily if required) that gets you moving for 20 mins or more a day. (It need not be "exercise", it can be activity.)
    2. Activity also helps the brain and the mood. You feel and think better having done something physical.

At near 50 (will be in 4 months), I am no "spring chicken". However, maintaining daily activity has definitely helped my weight and mood. (I have not been to a gym in over 5 years :) , but lost over 50 lbs last year between March and September).

Happy to help and encourage others.
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,322 Member
    Options
    Username: typeitdaily
    Weigh In Week: Week 1
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 242.8 pounds
    Current Weight: 242.8 pounds
  • HSM2673
    HSM2673 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    3/1/18
    Food: yes
    exercise: grouted laundry room floor, on hands & knees for 2.5 hours
    Tracked: yes
    My legs and thighs feels like I did squat for hours.
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! I'm Elise, a mid-twenties English teacher living in Va with Aspen, my maltese mix furbaby.

I'm not a fan of exercise but am sporadically committed to it for the health benefits. I am, however, consistently committed to tracking my calories and keeping under my goal! I began my weight loss journey October 30 and have lost just over 20 pounds to date. I've been using HealthyWage and DietBet to keep on track and have realized that I needed the tangible benefits of winning money to stay committed. I've tried weight loss and tracking before and never made it past a month or ten pounds.

Previous: 198
    Current: 198

My body really resisted dropping weight in February. I’ve begun to wonder if PCOS is somehow making things a bit harder...
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    February 28:
    Exercise: Yes (yoga, strength, dancing)
    Tracked: Yes

Look at that exercise, yet all I can see is that I didn't meet my step goal. As if I wouldn't have exceeded it if I tracked the dancing.

I was way under on calories today. I don't really know what happened, as I even had a mini protein bar before dance class. Part of it was that we stayed so late after dance class that I had dinner about the time I would usually have my late snack. Hopefully, I don't pay too much for it on hunger tomorrow.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    March 3
    Exercised?: Yes. FPV flying and tearing down a track (over 7000 steps today).

Nice weather and good flying.

Not much else to report today.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for March 03 is sit-ups or crunches (abs day - be sure to use a mat or towel for cushioning - )

2 sets
    • Second set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)

The reason for only 2 sets for this exercise is that it ideally should be balanced with back strengthening exercises (which plank variants provide).
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 I'm so sorry for your loss, Mouse looked like a beautiful and loving cat. At least you know she is at peace now. My thoughts are with you and your family.
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm Emma, 35 and living in London, UK. I've been a part of this challenge and the Gutbusters team since October last year and in that time have gone from 229lbs to 204lbs, and I guarantee that this group has been an important part of my loss and building my fitness. It's an incredibly supportive and motivating group, even with my wedding date on 1st Sept getting steadily closer sometimes you need a community to keep you on the right path!

Good luck in March everyone!
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Username: reanna143
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: saturday
    Previous Weight: 200.6
    Todays Weight: 200.6
  • slofitness1978
    slofitness1978 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    March 3rd

Exercise: Yes, housework!
  • concordancia
    Options
    February 28:
    Exercise: Yes (yoga, strength, dancing)
    Tracked: Yes

This was for March 2; cut and paste fail.

• HSM2673
    HSM2673 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes
    Calories tracked:yes
    Tracking: yes
  • Asturiah
    Asturiah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Username: Asturiah
    Weigh In Week: Week 1
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 140.9
    Current Weight: 139.9
  • concordancia
    Options
    March 3:
    Exercise: yes (2 20 min walks)
    Calories: yes (parmesan crisp failure helped, as there wasn't anything to dip in the guac)
    Tracked: yes

The nice thing about throwing a dinner party is that you know exactly what the options are and can plan out your evening accordingly :) I had exactly one sip of the home made port, just to be able to say I tried it.
  • parinzz
    Options
    Username: parinzz
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    Previous week's weight: 140.0
    Current weight: 140.0

• craigo3154
    Options
    March 4
    Exercised?: Yes. Walk 4km in 34mins (hills).

Overnight calf cramp so walked shorter but steeper hill course to stretch it out.

Also more flying today. This also means extra walking :) .

Busy computing day as end of month. Registrations closed and results published. Let March begin.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for March 04 is door frame rows ()

3 sets
    • Second set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
    • Third set

The reason for this exercise is push ups and dips work primarily the triceps (pushing). This exercise balances the others by working the biceps (pulling).
This discussion has been closed.