Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    March 5:
    Exercise: yes (steps + bike)
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes

My back is not happy, so I could not walk briskly. Not wanting to deal with the wind, I tried the bike in the gym, but one of the pedal levers was broken. So, I got out my bike, pumped up the tires and headed out. The only way to go from here is downwind, so I had to fight the wind to get home. This is only the second time I have been on the bike since last summer, so I feel pretty good about 40 minutes!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Should have been better but ate Chinese with so much salt last night!

@jamiewilldo. Well done. Even with the salt (and the water it makes the body retain), it was still in the right direction.

Hopefully this will means next week will be the today's water + the week.

Are you tracking size? (for men, particularly waist and chest as that is typically where the largest stores are). Size will give a much better indicator as to whether body fat is really reducing. Weight tends to fluctuate too much (especially if you start to build lean muscle).
  • mollymom07
    mollymom07 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »

@mollymom07. Weight that goes slowly tends to stay off.

[/list]

I agree @craigo3154

• mollymom07
    mollymom07 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    5th March

Exercise: Yes
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes

I'm feeling pretty good about my food this week, looking at cooking and baking more fresh things!
  • GoBlue1981
    GoBlue1981 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Happy weigh-in day to @Christinagillette and @Suly09 !
  • szymanskicolleen
    szymanskicolleen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I was assigned to this group but I forgot when my weigh in day was, am I still able to join?
  • GoBlue1981
    Options
    @szymanskicolleen your first weigh in day is Friday, you haven’t missed a thing, of course you’re still able to join! Welcome to the team!
  • craigo3154
    Options
    March 6
    Exercised?: Yes. Walk 6km in 47 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Good pace.

Alos Pavlova again for desert. My wife spoils me. :)

Have a clean workbench now. Space to do repairs on any damaged drones :)

@concordancia. Hope the back feels better soon. Activity (like the cycling) that does not stress it will do it a world of good.

Well done for getting on the bike and braving the headwind home, its hard when the homeward slog is more difficult but it adds to the motivation.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for March 06 is side planks. ()

2 sets
    • First set 15s, 30s each side, wait 2 mins
    • Second set 15s, 30s each side.
  • HSM2673
    HSM2673 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Week 1 weight: 152.6
    I haven’t been focus the past couple of days, I don’t know if it’s the gloomy weather again in Michigan. :/ Can anyone recommend a decent scale, mine has been giving me a different weight every time I step on it (stepping on then off then on again, and so forth)?
  • Suly09
    Suly09 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    March 5th
    Exercised: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
    March 6 Weigh In day: : 146.4
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Username: eevang
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Previous week's weight: 198
    Current weight: 198

Whoops! Sorry I’m a day late. On vacation for the week and lost track of days. The plateau continues, but I’m very hopeful about next week’s weigh-in. I’m finally getting enough sleep (work was really hectic last week) and am easily able to work out an hour a day out here. I’m also being pretty darn good with my calories.
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    March 4
    Exercise: no
    Tracking: yes

March 5
    Exercise: yes
  • brunchowl
    brunchowl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Oops, looking at the spreadsheet I see that I mis-typed my weight yesterday, I was 189.8 NOT 198.8! Big difference!
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Username: craigo3154
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: (65.6kg) 144.6
    Todays Weight: (64.5kg) 142.2

Bottom of a down swing. Lowest reading of the week this morning. Do not want to go much lower (if at all).

Just a note to all. As coach, my weigh in does not count toward the team total. I do post my weigh in information as an example. I am in full maintenance and should not drop below 64.0kg (estimated 8% body fat).
  • Suly09
    Suly09 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Suly09 wrote: »
    March 5th
    Exercised: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
    March 6 Weigh In day: : 146.4

I forgot to put my start in weight. 148.4
  • jackswife1207
    jackswife1207 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    March 5
    Exercise: no
  • jackswife1207
    jackswife1207 Posts: 59 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    March 6
    Exercise: yes

Someone mentioned a spreadsheet. Where can I see that?

My introduction: I'm soon to be 43, married mom to an almost 21 year old daughter and 17 year old son. I live near Dayton, OH. Since my husband and I married, I've gained 100 pounds but most of that has been in the last 10. Our son has special needs and it's been very stressful. I am an emotional eater. I've also struggled with depression and anxiety through the ups and downs. A few years ago, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. As I've gained, I am more achy and sore. That has led to less activity and more emotional eating. So it's a vicious cycle.

My son also struggles with his weight, partially due to medication, but does not eat well either. I want to be a better role model for him. I also want to feel better about myself mentally and physically.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    @jackswife1207 have you tried yoga or Tai chi? They can be excellent for dealing with stress while getting your body moving.

March 6;
    Exercise: yes (chair aerobics)
    Tracked: yes

• GoBlue1981
    Options
This discussion has been closed.