TEAM: Gutbusters (March)

Options

Replies

• GoBlue1981
    GoBlue1981 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Happy weigh in day to @ACSL3 @angelicasassy !
  • GoBlue1981
    Options
    Hi All, Team GutBusters teammates Old and New and welcome to the first official day of the March challenge! I see many of you have been posting here for awhile already so I apologize for the delay in introducing myself. I’m Amy, 37 and I live in FL with my bf and 5lb yorkie. I’m struggling through trying to lose my last 10lbs and have been at a plateau for about 4 months now after having lost 20lbs...which I had gained back after losing 90lbs a couple of years ago. I'm a former college athlete (swimming, basketball & volleyball), but after 4 knee surgeries I've retired from most sports. I only love the outdoors if there is water involved and I love reading. I'm an accounting consultant by trade so I'm on my computer pretty much all day everyday. I love the accountability of this group and the support it offers. I’m always checking in and reading how everyone is doing. I’m currently the team captain so if you need anything feel free to reach out to myself @smc92079 (Co-Captain) or @craigo3154 (Coach and Moderator).
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    March 3 and 4

Sorry for delay my 3rd grandchild came 2 days ago!

Tracked. Yes
    Calories. Yes
    Exercise. No/yes

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    March 3 and 4

Sorry for delay my 3rd grandchild came 2 days ago!

How wonderful!
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    March 4th
    Exercise: Yes, got my lazy butt out of the house and managed 8.06km and a PB pace for the distance :)
    Calories: Yes
    Tracking: Yes

Going to be a tough week, lots of work and social things could get in the way of my willpower. Will try my hardest to keep on track, hoping for an 8lb loss this month to get me down to 14 stone.
  • concordancia
    Options
    March 4:
    Exercise: yes (yoga + exploring the wetlands/aquarium/aviary)
    Calories: yes
    Tracking: yes

I like this 20 minute thing. It gave me a break from completing the circle on my pedometer, which I actually left at home today.
  • mollymom07
    mollymom07 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Username: Mollymom07
    Weigh in Week: Week 1
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 158.2lbs
    Current Weight: 157.8lbs

Not a lot but it's slowly going! :smiley:
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    March 5
    Exercised?: Yes. Walk 6km in 46 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Good pace. Cooler evening and all signs of knee discomfort and cramp stiffness now gone. Keeping healthy and active The body heals quicker from minor issues.

As well as working, I cleaned up my workspace a bit today. Much more room. Hope to have workbench clear by end of tomorrow.

@emmclean. Well done on your PB for 8km. I celebrate PB's much more than any type of win.

@mollymom07. Weight that goes slowly tends to stay off.

Just a note to all: Long term weight loss and weight management is more about lifestyle adjustments than "diet and exercise". You need to adopt habits for both eating and activity that will continue to manage your weight.

If you find it hard to do (like the diet is hard to stick to, or the activity you have does not appeal), chances are that once your adopted "diet and exercise" routine is over, the weight will come back on.

My longer term success in maintenance (for 6 months now) is the habits I built losing weight I continue maintain. (ie. no snacking, tracking what I eat, low gluten preference, daily activity).

For me, low gluten works (seldom have bread, preference for other food types, especially higher protein). However, you need to experiment to find out what works for you (and tracking is the key to this).

For me, no food is forbidden. Social occasions are not a problem. Ice-cream and chocolate are regulars in my diet. However with the low-gluten, most of the non-filling calories are now gone. I have little trouble staying in budget (in fact most days I need to eat more).

My activity is walking (low impact, state forest with challenging trails outside my door, have not been to a gym in years). I learn languages while I walk (or listen to books) and I enjoy the me-time. I also do minimal body-weight work to keep up the strength (as walking - even in hills - is mainly cardio).

To maintain weight, you need to find an activity YOU enjoy. It does not need to be sport, or even very time consuming. It could be dancing, or gardening, or chasing the kids around, or gym classes, or yoga or .... It just needs to be something YOU enjoy and that gets your body moving.

[time to put soap box away again ...]

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for March 05 is side lunges ()

3 sets
    • First set 10 or 15 each leg (if 10 is too easy continue to 15).
    • Second set 6 or 9 each leg.
    • Third set 5 or 8 each leg.
  • GoBlue1981
    Options
    Hi team, I’m going to post a “Monday Motivation” each week this month.

I think the below post from Craig is a great reminder at the beginning of each month to come back to.

While The Biggest Loser Challenge is technically a weight loss challenge, weight loss is certainly not the only measure of success (or even the best measure) in a healthy lifestyle, and should in no way be internalized as your success or failure as a person. There is no 30 day fix...if you quit after 30 days the weight comes back. Track, be smart, don’t deprive yourself and do something that is sustainable forever and you’ll get there eventually and stay there forever :) (Like Craig) Below is a great quote from our team coach @craigo3154 on how to take disappointment in results on the scale in stride and keep the big picture in focus.

“Weight management is as much a mind game as a product of lifestyle and circumstance. Your relationship with the numbers the scale displays can become confusing and personal.

May not help you, but my approach was to look at it as just numbers / data. Each days weight was just another data point, and not to be taken on it's own. (and yes I still weigh daily). I would record each mornings weight but then average out the last 7 days to get the actual weight. This way an individual day was never a problem. If I see a trend going the wrong way, *THEN*, I looked for ways to alter things.

Weight does not say who you are, how good you have been with others, how well you have helped or inspired others, how much you are loved, the good you have achieved.

I look at size as a more reliable indicator of change (chest, waist, hips). These vary slowly and are a better representation of body composition.

Weight includes water, which fluctuates wildly throughout the day as well as muscle, bone, food, etc...

I look at measuring bodyweight is akin to measuring the level of water in a tank on a moving truck by markings on the side. Any individual measurement is useless, only a series of successive measurements over a time interval averaged out can give an indication a good approximation of the real level.

This is why I am not a fan of weekly weighing. Only once you have 4 or more measurements over a regular time period can you get a good idea of what the actual level is and that the overall trend may be.”
  • jackswife1207
    jackswife1207 Posts: 59 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Username: jackswife1207
    Week 1: Weigh in day Monday
    Starting weight=218
    Today's weight-217.8

March 4
    Exercise:no
    Calories: no
    Tracking: yes
  • brunchowl
    brunchowl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I missed last week because I was away on vacation but I'm back!

Username: brunchowl
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Weight: 198.8
  • GoBlue1981
    Options
    Welcome back @brunchowl ! Congrats on the losses this week @jackswife1207 and @mollymom07 !
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Hey, not sure if anyone mentioned this, but the link to the March Gutbusters in the last post in the February thread doesn't link to here. It links back to February. Not sure if there's a way to retroactively fix that, though.
  • concordancia
    Options
    Username: concordancia
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Week: 1
    Starting weight: 217
    Current weight: 212

Before anyone gets too excited, that makes a grand total of 9lbs. lost in six weeks. I knew something was up because I was peeing every hour on the hour for three days straight.
  • mollymom07
    mollymom07 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    GoBlue1981 wrote: »
    Congrats on the losses this week @mollymom07 !

Thank you :blush:
  • westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Username : westray16
    Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight 14st 3lbs
    Today's weight 14st 2lbs

Going in the right direction
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Username. Jamiewilldo
    Week. 1
    WI DAY. Monday
    Previous weight. 240
    Today’s weight. 238.6
    Should have been better but ate Chinese with so much salt last night!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    Hey, not sure if anyone mentioned this, but the link to the March Gutbusters in the last post in the February thread doesn't link to here. It links back to February. Not sure if there's a way to retroactively fix that, though.

@aeloine. Thanks for that. I will update the February last link.

I copied the link from the source I had been using for all the registration posts. Apparently all the registration posts also had the wrong link (and I saw no mention of this). :(

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    aeloine wrote: »

@aeloine. Thanks for that. I will update the February last link.

I copied the link from the source I had been using for all the registration posts. Apparently all the registration posts also had the wrong link (and I saw no mention of this). :(

Happy to help!
This discussion has been closed.