Tracey's Mid-Maintenance Break/Back Into Weight Loss Mode

Options

Replies

• sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Chinese food and Pizza always give me an uptick! But it is so worth it.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @brittdee88 I am going to make a Keto chicken cordon bleu casserole and a small salad.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Yum! That sounds amazing!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I bought some individual 12 oz casserole dishes so I will be cooking the family their own individual casserole. Will definitely help with portion control. I will be sure to take a picture.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    qfmual52it0t.png
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    6i7hdco0xvhc.png

The battle is on! I wrote yesterday about our bodies have a mind of their own and I guess my body is trying to have an attitude with me, but I am not having it. I will get to my goal whether my body likes it or not. This inching up is unacceptable. In trying to see what could be going on, the only difference in the last two days is I didn't drink my ACV drink so I will make sure I have that with my meal. I should not need to eliminate any food groups if I am sticking to one plate so I am going to reduce the size of my plate and go to my small plate to see if that will change the direction of my numbers. I surrendered and moved to maintenance mode the first time, but not this time, I will see my goal weight so this body needs to get with the program!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Tracey,
    You are doing great! And you have the determination needed, the scale has no choice but to move in the right direction :)! Keep it up!

I don't think I could mentally weigh each day, I think that might drive me crazy. I weigh twice a week with the weigh in on Friday counting.

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    You can do it Tracey :)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    I know you are super annoyed with this weigh-in, especially after having a lower carb meal yesterday (that looked amazing)! I know that when I have a high carb, high sodium meal, it takes my body 2-3 days to really get rid of it even though I have almost always drank 1+ gallons of water a day. Yours might still be hanging on to that hibachi, and your body might also still be adjusting to your recent uptick in water. Maybe try and see if another more normal day of eating today will result in a loss tomorrow before reducing your plate size? If you decide not to wait (which I also understand), I know you will do well with the small plate -- it served you well in the past.
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You've got this, Tracey. :)
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    gkn364849wms.png
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Your omelet looks so perfect! Mine always come out looking so wonky. I never can fold them nicely for whatever reason.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    6i7hdco0xvhc.png

The battle is on! I wrote yesterday about our bodies have a mind of their own and I guess my body is trying to have an attitude with me, but I am not having it. I will get to my goal whether my body likes it or not. This inching up is unacceptable. In trying to see what could be going on, the only difference in the last two days is I didn't drink my ACV drink so I will make sure I have that with my meal. I should not need to eliminate any food groups if I am sticking to one plate so I am going to reduce the size of my plate and go to my small plate to see if that will change the direction of my numbers. I surrendered and moved to maintenance mode the first time, but not this time, I will see my goal weight so this body needs to get with the program!

Ha! I love this...
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Your omelet looks so perfect! Mine always come out looking so wonky. I never can fold them nicely for whatever reason.

Same here, mine are the worst.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I bet if you stand on your scale 5-times you will see a variation of at least .2 lbs in it all. Scales are not that accurate. You really can't tell with certainty what is going on unless you plot it and look at the trend. I have an analog scale and I can barely read it in the morning ( I don't do fractions of a lb cause I can't tell looking what it says with that resolution) and I can get about a 4-lbs difference if I shift most of the weight to the left foot vs shifting it to the right foot! I just try to be consistent but know that a singe reading has a lot of variability due to the body retaining water and the repeatability limitations of the scale. Still I know uptick are not welcome. You have to look at a week or two of data to really see what is going on and your scale indicates you have had a loss for the week so I think you are doing well.
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Bob you are so right. I can hardly ever get the same reading on my digital wifi scale if I get on it 5 times. It is so frustrating. I try to see which weight I get at least 2 times and use that, but most times it doesn't happen.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Oh I totally agree on the scale thing, it is so annoying!

Tracey you are doing awesome though!!
  • brittdee88
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I found that my scale fluctuated like that when I had it sitting on an uneven floor, and my last place had SUPER uneven floors. Once I moved it around to find what I thought was a more level spot, I weighed my Instant Pot. I know it weighs 8.65 lbs according to the manufacturer's specs, so I moved my scale around until it read that back-to-back several times without wavering. I have been getting consistent readings ever since. I did the same thing when I moved into my new place and found that the levelest floor is right in front of my full-length mirror, funny enough. I get the same reading even if I get on the scale back-to-back several times in a row, if I shift my weight around, and if I weigh again about an hour later if I haven't had any water, etc etc. That's what seemed to help me. If my scale reading looks off (sometimes my scale will flash a number and at the last second change to another), I will re-weigh my IP, adjust if needed, and try again. I have only had to do that a couple of times since last August, but it works like a charm.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    I found that my scale fluctuated like that when I had it sitting on an uneven floor, and my last place had SUPER uneven floors. Once I moved it around to find what I thought was a more level spot, I weighed my Instant Pot. I know it weighs 8.65 lbs according to the manufacturer's specs, so I moved my scale around until it read that back-to-back several times without wavering. I have been getting consistent readings ever since. I did the same thing when I moved into my new place and found that the levelest floor is right in front of my full-length mirror, funny enough. I get the same reading even if I get on the scale back-to-back several times in a row, if I shift my weight around, and if I weigh again about an hour later if I haven't had any water, etc etc. That's what seemed to help me. If my scale reading looks off (sometimes my scale will flash a number and at the last second change to another), I will re-weigh my IP, adjust if needed, and try again. I have only had to do that a couple of times since last August, but it works like a charm.

I bet you that there is software involved that doesn't allow it to vary much. Some scales are higher quality and will have a smaller uncertainty but there will be some variability no matter what even though it can be very small.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Oh, you may be right, @blambo61! It's not a super nice scale, but it's more expensive than ones I've had in the past. Even still, I imagine finding a more level surface if one exists would be really helpful.