TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (April)

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Hi I am murdog3t aka Tami
    I have been a long time MFP member since 2012 this is my first time in this group I am always looking for new friends and challenges. My weight seems to fluctuate 5lbs either direction
    I want to break this Plateau. my long term goal is down 15lbs but for this month I would love to just get to my baseline which 7.6 lbs and stay their and not go back up
    Good luck to us all

Hi, Tami. Glad you found your way over to us!!

Tami and I actually go back a while here on MFP. We first got together on a challenge that was the precursor to the now Amazing Race Challenge. I think that was two years ago now!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Addie378 wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Addie! I am currently studying in TN to become a speech pathologist. I lost 10lbs in October and 5 in November, but then with Christmas, I fell off the bandwagon. I’m around 135 lbs and need to be at 115 lbs for my height, 5’1. I’m super excited to start again! Thanks!

Welcome, Addie!! A speech pathologist...impressive! Around here, that is a hard program to get into. I too, fell off the bandwagon at Christmas after having had a really great October November and December. I have been saying it every month since, (but I feel more conviction this time around), that this is my month!! May it be your month, too!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    drea2011 wrote: »
    Hello team! Excited to start another challenge with you! My name is Drea and March was my first challenge! I lost 5” but this was my smallest loss so far looking forward to April and ramping it up!! I want to keep my weigh in days on Sundays.

My April starting weight: 229.8- up 3 lbs sigh....hopefully this is leftover pizza and alcohol weight from when I went out on sat plus Tom bloat. My goal his month is to get under 220! And stay under!!

It sucks how one day of pizza and alcohol can show up big time on the scales! You know that is not three actual pounds of fat, and by drinking your water (which you do faithfully every day) and laying off the sodium rich foods, the scales will drop again quickly again for you! You have been doing so well, consistently losing every week, that this is just a little blip, not a trend!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    primekayprime
    April Week 1
    Previous Weight: 225.6
    Current Weight: 224.2

I felt like we needed a drum roll after your previous post to announce this loss!! "Progress is progress." drum roll please..............Kay lost 1.4 pounds this week!!! Hooray!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hello everyone! This will be my first time in this group and team. Hope we can motivate each other! Glad to try something knew and I definitely need to get healthy again.

Hello, @bluewindfarm21 and welcome!! Let's hope we can all motivate each other to have a very successful April!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    My weekly goals for April
    1. Log daily
    2. Stay within calories
    3. Stick to exercise schedule

Exercise schedule:
    Mon/Thur - Upper Body workout
    Tues/Fri - Lower Body workout
    Wed/(Sat or Sun) - Cardio (walking, gardening,...)

A plan and a schedule is such an amazing idea. I need to do that and go one step further with actually putting exercise into a time slot!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    We have two other new team mates who have yet to make their way over to this thread. @Bettyboag and @ladylovesmilktray. Please pop by when you get a minute to introduce yourselves so we can extend a proper welcome!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    This morning I woke up well before dawn and couldn't get back to sleep, so I came down stairs and worked on closing out the March thread. I may have still been half asleep, but I managed some pearls of wisdom in my comments to posts. Don't forget to check them out!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Today is the first day of the April Challenge and the first day of April Week #1 in the Mini Challenge. This month I am going to try to post daily, about myself, regardless if I am successful in the Mini Challenge or not. It will help me be more engaged, personally, in the team. So for today, I am not going to be logging my food or staying under my calorie goal as there are way too many leftovers from my Easter dinner yesterday. I have yet to determine if I will go for a walk, seeing as I really need to take an afternoon nap and it is not overly warm here today.
  • freespirit6315
    freespirit6315 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody! This is my first time with this group and I'm looking forward to these challenges.

Weekly goals:
    1. Logging everything I eat that has calories into my diary daily.
    2. Staying within calorie range
    3. Be motivated to stay with my exercise routine.

Mostly doing cardio three times a week, including 20 minutes Zumba dance exercise, and walking at least 20 to 30 minutes a day I'm building up to it. I have problems with my feet, all these exercises are low impact. I'm a beginner and have health issues so it will start out slowly and build up as I'm able to do them.

• HASWLRS
    Options
    Hello everybody! This is my first time with this group and I'm looking forward to these challenges.

Weekly goals:
    1. Logging everything I eat that has calories into my diary daily.
    2. Staying within calorie range
    3. Be motivated to stay with my exercise routine.

Mostly doing cardio three times a week, including 20 minutes Zumba dance exercise, and walking at least 20 to 30 minutes a day I'm building up to it. I have problems with my feet, all these exercises are low impact. I'm a beginner and have health issues so it will start out slowly and build up as I'm able to do them.

Very well thought out and manageable goals! Low impact exercises and building from there is an excellent plan for just starting out!! Your weekly goals seem tailor made for the Mini Challenge!
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    4/1

Exercised: yep 50 minutes Focus T 25+ 15 mins circuit training + 2.5 mile walk
    Tracked: yep
    Under: yep
    Water (are we still doing water?): 13 glasses
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    drea2011 wrote: »
    4/1

Exercised: yep 50 minutes Focus T 25+ 15 mins circuit training + 2.5 mile walk
    Tracked: yep
    Under: yep
    Water (are we still doing water?): 13 glasses

No, but still post your water. It is inspiring to see!!
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Sunday, April 1
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 70 minute walk with the husband through our hilly neighborhood.
  • Journey4Jen
    Journey4Jen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, My name is Jen and this is my second month in this group! I loved everything I read last month and it has really movitated me!
    I am 45 years old, and I’ve been married for 24 years. We live in Northern California and both of my boys are off to college. I feel so much better about myself when I’ve been to the gym and/or I’ve gone to hit some golf balls. I had 2 personal best lifts last week and it really amped me up for the rest of the week.

My April goal is the get below 170lbs again! I do have a challenge this month we are leaving for a 2 week trip to Italy at the end of the month. It will make logging food and checking in a challenge, but I will do my very best!

Week One April Challenge:
    Weight in date: Fridays
    Start weight: 177.4
    Log food: No
    Stay below calories: doubtful (ham and carrot cake)
    Exercise: yes, went for a 30 stroll around the neighborhood with my hubby
  • Jess_Weatherton4
    Jess_Weatherton4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness!! My phone has been broke and had been waiting to get a new one! I am so sorry I didn’t get to log in my last result. But on a bright note I was at 160.3 so a little loss.
    I think this time around I’m going to weigh in on wednesday during the week because I’m more to remember then I do on the weekends.
    I apologize entirely for not doing my part as a team member!! I promise to do much better! Let’s kick some butt!!!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Welcome to April team The Big Butt Theory.

Captain for April is Lisa (@HASWLRS.) Please contact her, myself (Craig @craigo3154.) or Ashley (@AB0215.) if you have any issues.

Competitors for The Big Butt Theory for April are:
    @drea2011.
    @primekayprime.
    @dopey520.
    @freespirit6315.
    @GardenMama129.
    @katevt78.
    @MelsLeanDream.
    @NEEENYA.
    @SamanthaLouiseMence.
    @shanell3827.
    @thedestar.
    @VintageGeek42.
    @karynclarke.
    @miroller.
    @enyagoboom.
    @holly2e.
    @Nicoletime4me.
    @Coheednkimbria.
    @Journey4Jen.
    @Ladyj22.
    @motheroftwins95.
    @murdog3t.
    @okalex.
    @PlummerBecky.
    @Rielyn.
    @Tracie_Lord.
    @Addie378.
    @Bettyboag.
    @Bluewindfarm21.
    @Jess_Weatherton4.
    @ladylovesmilktray.
    @mari_moulin.

April spreadsheet is at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tYa9sHDY1Xz-JlTdEm0xdImaeHhMYkjSMejbHGJHh5s/edit?usp=sharing

Information for March (for any who rolled over).

March week 4 results: WEEK 4 ~ MARCH RESULTS

March final results: GRAND FINALE ~ MARCH'S BIGGEST LOSER...
    [/quote]

Wishing you all the best success in April.
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options

@MelsLeanDream, This is not a rhetorical question....how do you get 169 active minutes without exercise? I have gotten active minutes before, without trying, but maybe only 10 if I've been moving things up and down stairs, for example.

@HASWLRS I just found your question from March. I work nightfill at my local supermarket so while it’s not official exercise I am moving nonstop for 4plus hours hence the active minutes :smile:
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, My name is Mari. I have been in this challenge since May 2016 taking a break in summer 2017 for my surgery. I also took a break last month as I needed a little breather. This journey has been so long and tiring and sometimes I just need to take a moment to look back and regroup.

I am a 39 year old mother of 3 gorgeous boys, JJBean (13 yrs), Spooks (11 yrs) and SJ (2 yrs ). I'm married to the greatest guy ever. He is so supportive and loves me unconditionally. I have been obese my entire life. I was an obese child, teen and now adult. I have been dieting since I was a teen doing everything out there. Nothing ever worked for me. As an adult I had the gastric band surgery but it was a failed surgery. I've never been as successful with weight loss than I have been since using MFP. 4 years go I did so well losing 75 lbs but after my mom passed away from ovarian cancer I ate through my grief and gained it all back and then some. I am ready for that change again and I am ready for it to be forever. I had the Gastric Bypass Surgery on June 13th 2017. I go to the Gym at least 3 times a week and have AquaGym once a week.

I want to get in shape so I can be healthy. I want to live long enough to see my children grown and married and see my grandkids and great grandkids and maybe even my great great grandkids. I want to be active and enjoy my children as they grow. I want to enjoy my marriage to the fullest. I don't ever want to be a burden on my family because of my weight.

CHECK IN -

Sunday, April 1
    Tracked: NO
    Calories: NO
    Exercise: NO
  • katevt78
    katevt78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to post this yesterday:
    4/1

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes