Katevtvt78
    April week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight 178.6
    Today's weight: 176.2
  • ladylovesmilktray
    ladylovesmilktray Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody! Like my MFP name suggests I love chocolate and am really struggling today to avoid all the chocolate eggs around me - willpower is winning so far today.
    My name is Lynne and I am married with 3 adult children who had all left home but one has returned temporarily with his wife and 2 children, hence being surrounded by chocolate eggs!
    I managed to lose over 14lb last year and whilst have only gained 2lb back really want to weigh 147lb when I go on holiday this year so have 7lb to lose. I have recently undergone toe surgery which has impacted negatively on my ability to walk, run or really do any exercise at all that needs two feet although I am going to try the cross trainer later on today - I did try a bit of beginners yoga this morning but don't think I did it any justice at all.
    I work full time as a Manager in an Adult Social Care department, I spend a lot of time sitting down exercising my brain and am very tired at the end of the day, I am 59 by the way.
    I'm so glad to be part of this group and look forward to exchanging emails with you. Good luck everybody. x
  • Bettyboag
    Bettyboag Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi All

Sorry I am late to say hi! Easter has been a busy time and not so good for the waistline!!!

I am the heaviest I have ever been and feel overwhelmed by this fact. I really need to focus on losing weight and not give in to temptations.

I look forward to being part of this group. Wishing everyone all the best
  • freespirit6315
    freespirit6315 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody! My name is Karla and I'm 55 years old.
    My highest weight recorded was 400 lbs in 1993. Traveling around the USA and doing a lot of walking (no diet) dropped to 350 lbs and stayed there until about 2 years ago.(was not dieting or really trying to lose weight) just a lot more active than I am now.
    Around 2016? It dropped again to 284 lbs where I've been fluctuating back and forth between 300 and 284 lbs.
    I joined mfp about 21/2 weeks ago, when I finally decided I really want to lose this weight permanently. Within the first few days I dropped 11.2 lbs.
    I do have some physical issues health problems my feet aren't very good I can walk a little in my home but have to use a power wheelchair outside my home I do exercise in my home the best I can a lot of low impact exercises and I can stand for a little while before I hurt so I try to do exercises to strengthen my arms and my legs.

Week 1-Aprils first weigh in. (Mondays)
    HSW: 284.2 (weight joined mfp)
    Previous weight: 273
    Today's weight: 271

• freespirit6315
    freespirit6315 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge!!

1. Logged into my diary
    2. Stay within my calories
    3. Exercise:.
    ( 20 minutes of very slow walking, 20 minutes low impact aerobics exercises, and cleaning my home)
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    For March Week #4, the top three losing Big Butts were:

@primekayprime - 1.31%
    @karynclarke - 1.25%
    @VintageGeek42 - 1.01%

Well done, ladies!!
  • bluewindfarm21
    bluewindfarm21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    April 1
    Calories Yes
    Exercise Yes
    Tracked yes
    It was freezing outside so I did allot of indoor exercises aerobics cardio. Lifting weights too
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Username: MelsLeanDream
    Weigh in week: April Week 1
    Previous Weight: 217
    Current Weight: 212
  • HASWLRS
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge March Week #4 (Sun the 25th to Sat the 31st)

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 days:
    @thedestar - ALL SEVEN DAYS!!

Notable Effort - 4 or 5 days:
    @drea2011 (5)
    @MelsLeanDream (4)

Attempted:
    @holly2e (2)
    @miroller (2)
    @primekayprime (2)
    @Coheednkimbria (1)

We have someone new at the top in the Winner's Circle!! @thedestar wanted to jump into the Mini Challenge on the last week of March, and jump she did, with both feet!!! She was accountable for all seven days!!! Well done and congratulations!!!

Our winner for the previous three weeks, @drea2011 still had a great week and @MelsLeanDream improved her effort and they both landed in the Notable Effort category!! Well done, ladies!!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    March Grand Finale Results......drum roll please!!!

The team that lost 124.7 pounds, which was 2.14%, and placed first over the second place team by 0.12% was Team The Big Butt Theory!!!! WooHoooo!!! So excited for you guys!!! You did awesome!!!

Overall Individual Winner for March was......drum roll please

Our very own @VintageGeek42 with a 10.12% loss!! Congratulations!!!!! (This is where you imagine confetti coming down!!!) So proud of you!!

We had many Big Butts lose over 2% of their body weight so here is a shout out to all of the fantastic individual efforts for March:

@VintageGeek42 - 10.12%
    @katevt78 - 4.70%
    @NEEENYA - 4.57%
    @okalex - 4.47%
    @Tracie_Lord - 4.47%
    @MelsLeanDream - 3.56%
    @shanell3827 - 2.84%
    @dopey520 - 2.75%
    @miroller - 2.53%
    @lesliemc87 - 2.50%
    @Jess_Weatherton4 - 2.36%
    @thedestar - 2.11%

Makes me very proud to be part of this amazing team!!

Amazing!! You are all so inspiring! Great job Big Butts!!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hi Everyone, My name is Jen and this is my second month in this group! I loved everything I read last month and it has really movitated me!
    I am 45 years old, and I’ve been married for 24 years. We live in Northern California and both of my boys are off to college. I feel so much better about myself when I’ve been to the gym and/or I’ve gone to hit some golf balls. I had 2 personal best lifts last week and it really amped me up for the rest of the week.

My April goal is the get below 170lbs again! I do have a challenge this month we are leaving for a 2 week trip to Italy at the end of the month. It will make logging food and checking in a challenge, but I will do my very best!

Week One April Challenge:
    Weight in date: Fridays
    Start weight: 177.4
    Log food: No
    Stay below calories: doubtful (ham and carrot cake)
    Exercise: yes, went for a 30 stroll around the neighborhood with my hubby

Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter Sunday!! Two personal best lifts...congratulations!! That would definitely inspire you to keep going hard at at!!! A two week trip to Italy sounds lovely!!! (I can just transfer your weight over, while you are gone, to hold your place and you can weigh in officially once you are back. The checking in and logging your food is entirely up to you how you want to do that, or if you want to do that).
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Username: GardenMama129
    Previous Week's weight: 159
    Todays Weight: 159

Given how my past week has been, I was actually happy to see that I hadn't gained this morning! I look forward to posting better numbers during April and beyond. :smile:
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Oh my goodness!! My phone has been broke and had been waiting to get a new one! I am so sorry I didn’t get to log in my last result. But on a bright note I was at 160.3 so a little loss.
    I think this time around I’m going to weigh in on wednesday during the week because I’m more to remember then I do on the weekends.
    I apologize entirely for not doing my part as a team member!! I promise to do much better! Let’s kick some butt!!!

You're doing fine, Jess. Relax. You lost over 2% of your body weight last month!!! I have asked Craig to change your weigh-in day to Wednesday, so you won't miss any more!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @MelsLeanDream, This is not a rhetorical question....how do you get 169 active minutes without exercise? I have gotten active minutes before, without trying, but maybe only 10 if I've been moving things up and down stairs, for example.

@HASWLRS I just found your question from March. I work nightfill at my local supermarket so while it’s not official exercise I am moving nonstop for 4plus hours hence the active minutes :smile:

Just so you know, for this challenge, that counts as activity. Some challenges need purposeful exercise, but this one just needs you to get off the couch and be active for a minimum of twenty minutes a day!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hello everyone, My name is Mari. I have been in this challenge since May 2016 taking a break in summer 2017 for my surgery. I also took a break last month as I needed a little breather. This journey has been so long and tiring and sometimes I just need to take a moment to look back and regroup.

I am a 39 year old mother of 3 gorgeous boys, JJBean (13 yrs), Spooks (11 yrs) and SJ (2 yrs ). I'm married to the greatest guy ever. He is so supportive and loves me unconditionally. I have been obese my entire life. I was an obese child, teen and now adult. I have been dieting since I was a teen doing everything out there. Nothing ever worked for me. As an adult I had the gastric band surgery but it was a failed surgery. I've never been as successful with weight loss than I have been since using MFP. 4 years go I did so well losing 75 lbs but after my mom passed away from ovarian cancer I ate through my grief and gained it all back and then some. I am ready for that change again and I am ready for it to be forever. I had the Gastric Bypass Surgery on June 13th 2017. I go to the Gym at least 3 times a week and have AquaGym once a week.

I want to get in shape so I can be healthy. I want to live long enough to see my children grown and married and see my grandkids and great grandkids and maybe even my great great grandkids. I want to be active and enjoy my children as they grow. I want to enjoy my marriage to the fullest. I don't ever want to be a burden on my family because of my weight.

CHECK IN -

Sunday, April 1
    Tracked: NO
    Calories: NO
    Exercise: NO

Thank you, Mari, for the wonderful introduction. I didn't know your back story. You make it look so easy, consistently posting losses every week. We didn't know how hard it actually is. The fact that you do it and make it look easy is a testament to how badly you want this for yourself and your family. Speaking of family, it would appear you had a great Easter Sunday by the three resounding "NO's"!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    katevt78 wrote: »
    Katevtvt78
    April week 1
    Previous weight 178.6
    Today's weight: 176.2

Fabulous loss Kate!! You're going to make the rest of us, who gain after a holiday long weekend, look bad....just so you know!!!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Username: thedestar
    Weigh in day: Mon
    Previous Week's weight: 162.5
    Todays Weight:162.0

I wasn't planning on taking yesterday "off" but the day just got away from me so I guess I'm using all my passes!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hello everybody! Like my MFP name suggests I love chocolate and am really struggling today to avoid all the chocolate eggs around me - willpower is winning so far today.
    My name is Lynne and I am married with 3 adult children who had all left home but one has returned temporarily with his wife and 2 children, hence being surrounded by chocolate eggs!
    I managed to lose over 14lb last year and whilst have only gained 2lb back really want to weigh 147lb when I go on holiday this year so have 7lb to lose. I have recently undergone toe surgery which has impacted negatively on my ability to walk, run or really do any exercise at all that needs two feet although I am going to try the cross trainer later on today - I did try a bit of beginners yoga this morning but don't think I did it any justice at all.
    I work full time as a Manager in an Adult Social Care department, I spend a lot of time sitting down exercising my brain and am very tired at the end of the day, I am 59 by the way.
    I'm so glad to be part of this group and look forward to exchanging emails with you. Good luck everybody. x

Hi and welcome, Lynne!! Congratulations on losing the 14 pounds and only being 7 from goal!! You will have to be extra diligent for these last few, but a pending holiday is a good motivator!!! So sorry to hear about your toe. I guess it forces you to be creative when it comes to exercising!! And, unfortunately, loving chocolate is an occupational hazard for most women!!!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Hello everyone, My name is Mari. I have been in this challenge since May 2016 taking a break in summer 2017 for my surgery. I also took a break last month as I needed a little breather. This journey has been so long and tiring and sometimes I just need to take a moment to look back and regroup.

I am a 39 year old mother of 3 gorgeous boys, JJBean (13 yrs), Spooks (11 yrs) and SJ (2 yrs ). I'm married to the greatest guy ever. He is so supportive and loves me unconditionally. I have been obese my entire life. I was an obese child, teen and now adult. I have been dieting since I was a teen doing everything out there. Nothing ever worked for me. As an adult I had the gastric band surgery but it was a failed surgery. I've never been as successful with weight loss than I have been since using MFP. 4 years go I did so well losing 75 lbs but after my mom passed away from ovarian cancer I ate through my grief and gained it all back and then some. I am ready for that change again and I am ready for it to be forever. I had the Gastric Bypass Surgery on June 13th 2017. I go to the Gym at least 3 times a week and have AquaGym once a week.

I want to get in shape so I can be healthy. I want to live long enough to see my children grown and married and see my grandkids and great grandkids and maybe even my great great grandkids. I want to be active and enjoy my children as they grow. I want to enjoy my marriage to the fullest. I don't ever want to be a burden on my family because of my weight.

CHECK IN -

Sunday, April 1
    Tracked: NO
    Calories: NO
    Exercise: NO

Thank you, Mari, for the wonderful introduction. I didn't know your back story. You make it look so easy, consistently posting losses every week. We didn't know how hard it actually is. The fact that you do it and make it look easy is a testament to how badly you want this for yourself and your family. Speaking of family, it would appear you had a great Easter Sunday by the three resounding "NO's"!!!

Hahahah that’s right. I’ve just sent the boys upstairs with all their chocolates. I told them thirst if they are not out of my sight hey would finish in the bin. Had my last chocolate Easter egg this morning. NO MORE!!
This discussion has been closed.