TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (April)

Options

Replies

• ladylovesmilktray
    ladylovesmilktray Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    02nd April 18 - 1/2 hr on Cross Trainer in the morning added 149 calories to my daily total of calories which I managed to stay within - food and drink tracked. Went to a pub quiz with friends in the evening and had 2x Vodka and Slimline Tonics, does anybody know what drinks are best to have when watching the calories? I don't like Diet Coke as it keeps me awake, mind buzzes at night
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    I missed last weeks weigh in as I was away, sorry team! Keep going you are all doing fab :)

@Tracie_Lord, You didn't miss it...I had you entered at 235. You went up slightly last week, but I reminded you that you were still down 13 pounds in March, so not to sweat it!!! You are one of our rock stars!!

oh really! I thought I had missed it! hahaha

Yes I did go up slightly but its ok I'm back on track after the break I think :)

Thanks for the continual motivation hun :)
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Big Butts, I have not turned the Easter corner yet, as many, if not all, of you have!! I am truly inspired by you!!! Why is that not enough??? I am going to go to work today and get the March statements in the mail. Then I will sit down, with pen and paper, and make out a schedule for myself. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!!

good luck hun you got this!

Got to confess I had tea and chocolate in bed last night!!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Tuesday - 4/3

Tracking: yes
    Below calories: yes
    Exercise: yes - golfed 18 holes and then went for a 30 min walk with my husband tonight.

Okay, now you are just rubbing in the golf thing....!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: MelsLeanDream
    Weigh in week: April Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 217
    Current Weight: 212

Is that a typo, or did you really lose five pounds this week?!! Fantastic!!!!!

Not a typo! Working really hard this month :smiley:

I was just kidding....I knew you really lost five pounds!!! Yes, you ARE working really hard this month!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    April 1
    Calories - Yes
    Tracking - Yes
    Exercise - No
    Steps - 5810 - really lazy Easter Sunday lol
    Water - Not good...750ml

April 2
    Calories - Yes
    Tracking - Yes
    Exercise - No
    Steps - 5,459 - now the husband is sick...
    Water - Getting better...1500ml

April 3
    Calories - Yes
    Tracking - Yes
    Exercise - Yes - night job (cleaning)
    Steps - 13,679
    Water - Almost at my target...2250mls

Lazy Easter Sunday...good, husband getting ill...not so good, back on track with exercise, steps and water on Tuesday...VERY good!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    holly2e wrote: »
    April 3
    Exercise: yes, 30 min walk with the kids, 45 min yoga
    Calories: yes
    Tracking: yes

Good day, Holly!
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    April 4
    Calories - Yes
    Tracking - Yes
    Exercise - Yes - 3 mile DVD in the am and 3 mile DVD in the pm
    Steps - 18,588
    Water - 3000ml
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    02nd April 18 - 1/2 hr on Cross Trainer in the morning added 149 calories to my daily total of calories which I managed to stay within - food and drink tracked. Went to a pub quiz with friends in the evening and had 2x Vodka and Slimline Tonics, does anybody know what drinks are best to have when watching the calories? I don't like Diet Coke as it keeps me awake, mind buzzes at night

I love drinking sparkling waters like Perrier or Pellegrino. Sometimes, I add just a dab of juice to kick up the flavor. But the carbonation still satisfies that extra something I would enjoy with a soda.
  • HASWLRS
    Options

I love drinking sparkling waters like Perrier or Pellegrino. Sometimes, I add just a dab of juice to kick up the flavor. But the carbonation still satisfies that extra something I would enjoy with a soda.

Great suggestions if you are not looking for something alcoholic. If you are, that might be harder if you don't enjoy diet mixes. My son used to drink vodka and water with a little flavouring (like Crystal Lite) or flavoured vodka and water when he was trying to lose some weight but not willing to give up being the very social drinker that he is!! Maybe you could bring your own flavouring to the pub? There are some low calorie beers out there... A small glass of wine is under 200 calories, I think?
  • freespirit6315
    freespirit6315 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    1 logged calories -Yes
    2 under calories- Yes
    3 Exercise- Yes
    1 mile walking video in a.m, 20 aerobic workout video. Walk 20 minutes.
    Measurements: lost 1 inch on my both my waist and hip areas.
  • freespirit6315
    Options
    I Need to improve the following areas

Steps: only able to do around 2000 a day have problems with my feet but will work on increasing my goal to get to 10,000 steps a day.
    Water: I do between( 75 and 100 oz) a day would like to increase to double that amount. About 200 oz a day.
  • ladylovesmilktray
    ladylovesmilktray Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Exercise : 30 mins on Cross Trainer, 151 calories earned
    Tracking: Yes
    Within calorie allowance: Yes
    Water: 5 pints

Struggled with the Cross Trainer this morning, was going to get off after 10 mins...then 20 mins.....but just kept going, knew how I would feel if I got off! Boss visited and bought a chocolate cake, had a wedge and still managed to stay within the calorie limit, well chuffed.
  • miroller
    miroller Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    April week 1
    Username: miroller
    Previous weight: 177.4
    Current weight: 179.2

An expected gain with basically no exercise this week and gobs of easter feasting. Looking back on MFP, a year ago I was at 158. Depressing yet motivating at the same time. I had just finished a Biggest Loser challenge at my gym, which was great (and what inspired me to join this group last month). Forward.
  • bluewindfarm21
    bluewindfarm21 Posts: 23 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    April 4
    Calories - Yes
    Tracking - ya
    Exercises- yes! Walking,exercise mat , weights
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    1 logged calories -Yes
    2 under calories- Yes
    3 Exercise- Yes
    1 mile walking video in a.m, 20 aerobic workout video. Walk 20 minutes.
    Measurements: lost 1 inch on my both my waist and hip areas.

Taking measurements is such a great idea!! Yay for lost inches!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I Need to improve the following areas

Steps: only able to do around 2000 a day have problems with my feet but will work on increasing my goal to get to 10,000 steps a day.
    Water: I do between( 75 and 100 oz) a day would like to increase to double that amount. About 200 oz a day.

Slow and steady wins the step race!! 200 oz is a lot of water...good luck with that!! The only water formula I have ever heard is to drink half your body weight in ounces.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Exercise : 30 mins on Cross Trainer, 151 calories earned
    Tracking: Yes
    Within calorie allowance: Yes
    Water: 5 pints

Struggled with the Cross Trainer this morning, was going to get off after 10 mins...then 20 mins.....but just kept going, knew how I would feel if I got off! Boss visited and bought a chocolate cake, had a wedge and still managed to stay within the calorie limit, well chuffed.

You may have struggled with the Cross Trainer, but you didn't let it beat you!!! You persevered and were rewarded with enough banked calories to have a small slice of cake!!! Nicely done!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    miroller wrote: »
    April week 1
    Username: miroller
    Previous weight: 177.4
    Current weight: 179.2

An expected gain with basically no exercise this week and gobs of easter feasting. Looking back on MFP, a year ago I was at 158. Depressing yet motivating at the same time. I had just finished a Biggest Loser challenge at my gym, which was great (and what inspired me to join this group last month). Forward.

Great perspective!! You and @okalex are both inspired this month to reach an old MFP weight within your grasp!! Let's leave Easter behind and, indeed, go forward!!
  • freespirit6315
    Options
    @HASWLRS
    You are right!! 100 oz is a good amount must have been tired when I wrote that amount. lol
This discussion has been closed.