TEAM: The Slimsons (April)

Options

Replies

• Keri8680
    Keri8680 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Keri8680 wrote: »
    Sorry I missed my daily post yesterday- I wasn’t feeling well, had no energy but did attempt my 21 day fix cardio fix but probably only did 2/3 of it. I took a tylenol before bed for a headache and went to bed early. I was woken up in the middle of the night with RUQ abdominal pain and nausea and it has been coming and going all day. I’m praying my gallbladder doesnt need to come out. Needless to say I was pretty lazy today.

Daily post Thursday-
    Track- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- no
    Water- no

Feel better soon! Are your doctors watching your gallbladder? I wouldn’t wait too long to get checked out by a doctor for the pain to wake you up at night and the symptoms would be something I’d be calling the doctor about or going to the closest walk-in.

I am not too concerned (I’m a nurse practitioner). I know exactly what they will do and know it will cost me a small fortune- our insurance isn’t the greatest. I am taking some supplements to help clear out the gallbladder sludge and hoping this manages it without surgery.

• JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Username JJKM02
    Weekly weigh in April Week 3
    Weigh in day Friday
    Previous weight 303.3
    Current weight 301.2

I am so close to being in the 200s......so close! Next week!
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Thursday
    Track- no
    Calories- WAY over-Sonic for lunch while at a conference
    Exercise- Hammer Strength
    Water- not very much.....

I am finding it very hard to get back on track today. I slept in and did not work out this morning like I usually do and I can't stop snacking!!!!!
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    Options
    I totally blew it. Ate way too much today for no reason. Weigh in tomorrow is going to be bad...
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Hey Team

So this week I totally went AWOL after getting the news from my family about my Daddy passing suddenly when we we were told he was going to be ok I totally pigged out on banana split sundaes I think I had a total of 6 in three days REALLY REALLY BAD

So even though it's gonna be tough as I just finished the PowerPoint presentation and obit for my daddy I am determined to get back on track because his last conversation was for me to get healthy so I have to make not only myself proud but my daddy as well.
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes walking 30 min.
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise no
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Daily Post for Friday
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise no
    Water about 80 oz

Today was a crazy day! I taught all day then took off to my mom's right after school...about a two hour drive. I had given her tickets to see Johnny Reid in concert for Christmas. Tonight was the concert and she loved it. It was really fun to take her! So no pound class for me this weekend, but having a nice visit with my mom....who, btw, saw a huge difference in me!
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hi team, back from the bush again. Love all the quotes people posted.

@rlaratte Grats on hitting the 180's man, great work.

@Keri8680 & @tinak33 Hope you both feel better soon, nothing worse than feeling under the weather and having to push through.

@CourtneyLomonaco Can't change yesterday. Just take your weigh and use this feeling as ammunition next time that pesky snack fairy comes to visit..

@JJKM02 Nothing like a Mom to notice the changes. Particularly in your face. A couple of times I've grumbled to mine that I'm losing, but not changing and she's all.. No but, your face.. your arms etc.. and she's right :)

Well, here is a day I'm proud of.
    u0i40dsfv8d9.jpg
    Anything not blue is in my optimal aerobic cardio range. LoL that my tracker thought I was cycling.. I can't think what I might have been doing for it to think that. But it was a huge day and just about every day at the property looks like that.

I really hate getting preachy about keto, but boy am I enjoying the not running out of energy thing. Right now I'm almost too sore to move, muscles are done for the day, but I'm not in the least bit tired or hungry.

Username: Fyreside
    Week: April Week 3
    PW = 252.2
    CW= 247.5
  • Fyreside
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @gjaholy33 Great to see your enthusiasm returning Gloria. Show those sundaes whose boss. :)
  • Fyreside
    edited April 2018
    Options
    A couple of interesting things happened this trip, one of which I'd like to share. Not sure if the other one is suitable, although it is weight loss related.. lol.

I get down to my little hideaway in the bush with barely 40 minutes till sunset. The spot I'm at is overgrown (again) So I hastily deploy my trusty 44 year old lawn tractor and blaze a campsite. Two hours later, its very dark and I finally relax into my comfy camp chair and my mind turns to a nice hot beverage..... WAIT.. No... surely I didn't forget the coffee.. Surely I didn't drive for hours and set up this awesome campsite for no coffee.. But alas, that is exactly what I had done, and all the wailing and gnashing of teeth would not fix it.

Needing to share this calamity with someone, I took a walk back up the trail to the nearest road where I hoped to get phone cover. Some time later, standing on sed road telling my mum who also loves coffee of the tragic situation when the beam of my head lamp catches a flash of something approaching me on the road. Just a pair of eyes..

Now.. please understand, I've spent many nights alone in the Aussie bush and I know every animal native to the area. And this is not one of them.. Just the size... the way it walks.. (Not hops) It's way too big to be a feral boar, but too small to be a stray cow. We have some feral deer, but they are skittish and don't walk up the middle of the road towards you. But the eyes.... They just keep coming. It's something black.. something.. Big cat size?

And with that thought my head fills with the many many tales of a huge wild black cat that people claim to have seen fleeting glimpses of.. And realizing how exposed I am, I start to have a little panic.. I'm still on the phone with my mum lol.. Babbling.. S%#T Mum, theres something coming.. I.. I.. Think it's a panther.

Just as I'm about to throw my phone at it and run for my life, from the darkness the shape finally forms.. The shape of a miniature horse. A frikken jet black shetland pony.. Just walks past me without a care and off down the trail to my place.

The panic gives way to laughter and relief. The pony, bemused by this noisy human following it down the trail chucks a u-turn and heads back to the road.. As I pass him we do a quick greeting and he's off on his adventure again.

The happy ending is that I called a local farmer who knows just about everyone to ask if he knew of such a pony in the district and I ended up going round to his place for a beer and a little jar of coffee. :) The horse is one of several escape artists nearby. And I'm not the first person to be startled by the local.. "Bunyip"
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, this is day 3 of my niece's visit and it's been both interesting and exhausting. She's got an ear infection and I guess it's been bothering her so she's been more irritable than normal and not sleeping so I've been not sleeping. I swear, those of you who have kids..I literally don't know how you do it. She's 3 and all over the place, despite being tired and cranky. So since my sister is out of town and I'm out of practice with sick kids, I called my mom who has the fix for everything. AND last night she slept through the night, and I passed out at 9:30, and did exactly the same thing. She goes home tomorrow and I'm excited to get back to my routine. Hopefully can get caught up today when she naps because I feel like everything, including my house, is so far behind!
    Also, side note, I also didn't realize this, but when you have a little snack monster in your house, it's so much harder not to over eat...I swear you guys who have kids are like superheroes..

@Fyreside Great story, and nice loss this week!! Also, I agree with you about Keto, it's one of my favorite benefits, I have the energy to run around with my 3 yr old niece, spend 90 mins on a strength training work out--fasted I might add, and I've never felt better, so yep, I get it, and I know how you feel about not wanting to sound preachy, but personally I love sharing things that I believe in and feel like have made my life better, and Keto is one of those things.

@gjaholy33 I'm glad to see you getting back to it. Your dad would want you to get healthier and achieve your goals. I remember how excited my grandma was when I decided to go back to school and sadly, she passed the year I started, but I put some of my sad energy into working harder and I have to believe that she's somewhere and super proud of me when I finished. I'm sure your dad's watching too, and I know you make him proud too :)

@gemwolf110 TOM is rough, for us all. Just remember, this is one week and completely normal for weight to be up a bit during it.

@JJKM02 That's super exciting that your mom noticed your progress. Also it's great that she's so supportive. And I'm really excited for you to get down to the 200's, that's a great milestone and you will be there soon!!

@CourtneyLomonaco I agree with Fyreside, it's one day and you can't change the past, but you can change the future and make better choices as you move forward. I am right there with you, I've been eating almonds and cheese snacks with my niece and I'm up a bit this week myself, but I will be getting back to my normal routine soon and I know you will be too!!

Hopefully I got to everyone, but right now, I have to run, my niece decided TV time is boring and we're about to go to the open house at the fire station and get to look at the fire trucks and the station, eat hot dogs and jump in the bounce house.
  • KT4everFree
    KT4everFree Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Username: KatieWW
    Weigh in week: April Week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Week's Weight: 178.6
    Current Weight: 178
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    @Fyreside Love your tales!! You need a blog!

@AB0215 Three year old or “threenagers” are the worst. Tiny little tornados that consume all your energy. The only way around it is embrace it. Have hard wood floors? Strap towels on their feet and pretend to ice skate. Cleans the floor and burns energy. I also make my son spell out his name with jumping jacks as well as count with high knees. We do them together. Best of luck. I feel your exhaustion.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Username Gjaholy33
    Weigh in day Saturday
    Week April Week 3
    PW 441.5lbs
    CW 471.5lbs
  • AB0215
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @AB0215 Three year old or “threenagers” are the worst. Tiny little tornados that consume all your energy. The only way around it is embrace it. Have hard wood floors? Strap towels on their feet and pretend to ice skate. Cleans the floor and burns energy. I also make my son spell out his name with jumping jacks as well as count with high knees. We do them together. Best of luck. I feel your exhaustion.

@jennfalzon1979 OMG, that's the greatest idea I never had! Totally doing this, especially since she dirtied the floor anyway. I honestly would probably do better with it if I had one full time, but this once a month thing for 3 days is hard, I get back into my routine and then she demolishes it. Tomorrow's the big day, she goes home in the morning, and as much as I love her, I'm ready for it.

I swear though, you guys who have these little guys full time, are super creative and amazing, it took me all day on Thursday to make Mother's Day presents for her mom and grandma (my sister and my mom), we made wooden bead bracelets and her focus is non-existent, but we got it done and I think they will like the presents.
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    Options
    Username-CourtneyLomonaco
    Weekly Weigh in:
    PW: 160.2
    CW: 165

Today I ate normally and hopefully can get back on track with exercise tomorrow. Thank you all for your kind words and advice. I really appreciate it.
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise no
    I’m getting lazy had the last 2 days off and never once went to the gym or swimming.
  • joemccullum
    joemccullum Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Username: joemccullum
    Weigh in Date: 4/21
    Previous Weight: 388.6
    Current Weight: 385.5
  • AB0215
    Options
    Weigh in:
    Username: AB0215
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Previous Week's Weight: 191.4 lbs
    Current Weight: 192.3 lbs

I'm blaming a toddler and almonds. Really I should be blaming my lack of self control with almonds, can't wait to get back to my routine tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.