TEAM: The Slimsons (April)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)
    Goals: Today marks Day 1 of my 90 day challenge. In the next 90 days, I am going to stay on plan, and not stray. I am beginning to meal prep for the week and decide at the beginning of the week what I will be eating each day of the week so that I am much less tempted to stray from the plan. And I decided to mark my calendar so that I stay accountable to my 90 days and when you think about it, 90 days in the grand scheme of things is nothing, so I am recommitting myself to my goals for 90 days.

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 58 minutes weight training, arms.
    Water Intake: 99 oz, 3 ltrs
  • AB0215
    Options
    jtpzoolmsd1n.jpg
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Daily post.

Track. Yes
    Calories. Under
    Exercise 50 mins treadmill
    Water. 80 ounces
  • AB0215
    Options
    As we get closer to the end of the month, our enthusiasm tends to fade and consequently, so does our motivation, and it becomes increasingly important to remember why we wanted to make these changes, what was the catalyst for change, what is the reason you started, and I think this is probably one of the most important things we can remember is WHY we started so that we don't lose sight of the goals we have for ourselves, and that brings me to this week's
    Question of the Week:

What is your WHY?

• AB0215
    Options
    Daily post.

Track. Yes
    Calories. Under
    Exercise 50 mins treadmill
    Water. 80 ounces

Great job staying consistent!!
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories just over
    Exercise no
    Crazy couple of days stress eating ruined my progress. Now have to work harder to get back on track
  • AB0215
    edited April 2018
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Tuesday:

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: Hike

Great exercise!!
    IanMoone30 wrote: »
    Track yes
    Calories just over
    Exercise no
    Crazy couple of days stress eating ruined my progress. Now have to work harder to get back on track

Food and eating is the hardest part of the journey, it's literally everywhere and still a necessity. You will get back on track, you've been doing great, just take it one meal, one decision at at time.
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    memery7
    Week 4
    Tuesday
    PW 171
    CW 171
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Tuesday April 24 th
    Track yes calories no
    Exercise yes 20 min walking and house work
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Daily Post for Tuesday (sorry I am late!)
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise 60 minutes of aquafit
    Water 100oz
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    What is my why? I guess I have two factors. Heart disease runs in my family. Exactly 11 years ago tomorrow, my Dad went in for a quadruple bypass surgery. Thankfully all went well. But I swore to change my lifestyle so that maybe I could avoid having that.
    Second are my kids. Although they drive me absolutely bonkers, I want to be an active part of their lives and live long enough to be at all their major milestones. ❤️
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    As we get closer to the end of the month, our enthusiasm tends to fade and consequently, so does our motivation, and it becomes increasingly important to remember why we wanted to make these changes, what was the catalyst for change, what is the reason you started, and I think this is probably one of the most important things we can remember is WHY we started so that we don't lose sight of the goals we have for ourselves, and that brings me to this week's
    Question of the Week:

What is your WHY?

Self confidence. I lost it. It was just one more thing I needed to build again. Where was I before the baby, before the depression, before moving and leaving my entire life behind. I was fit, I was confident, I was active, I was involved, I was happy.
    Circumstances changed, my environment changed, my living situation changed drastically... but all those things I had before, I could have again. I wanted it. And I wanted my daughter to see that in her mama. So, slowly but surely, I am getting all that back. <3
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Why for me? I have many reasons. I think the first one that really got things moving was that I got really sick last year. I got an infection in my bowel and it perforated. I was very close to being septic and it was a long recovery. I knew that being overweight was not necessarily the reason that I got sick, but it hindered the surgical processes and my recovery. During that time, my older son got his drivers license and my husband got a new job where he worked 8-4pm. That allowed me the time and flexibility to go out to the pool or exercise class in the evenings. I also found a pool that I wanted to go to...I love being in the water and I have made some awesome friends there as well. I also think that sometimes the biggest why is because it is just time. Something inside of us just clicks. Sometimes it makes me sad that it didn’t “click” until I was 43, but it always better late than never! I also vowed when I was in the hospital that I never wanted to go down this road again! Our team is a great support for me as are my “real life” family and friends!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Goals: Day 2 of my 90 day challenge, and it went well, it's surprisingly hard to make this modification, even though I've been eating on track (for the most part) and exercising. It's only a SLIGHT shift in what I was doing and throughout the 90 days I will be making SMALL weekly modifications, but it's just enough of a shift on my macros that I am noticing it, and I don't like it, but I need to give this a chance and I'm committed to 90 days, and now there are 88 to go, which still sounds like a lot, but it's not, we all know how fast it goes by.

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, housework and did 5 mins on the stair master, part of this program. I very rarely do cardio as it doesn't directly translate to increased weight lifting, but it can still help, I just hate it, and this program aims to increase it slowly over time, so we will see if I notice that.
    Water Intake: 99 oz
  • AB0215
    Options
    @jennfalzon1979 I can understand that, I think it's important to be an active part of your kid's lives, and having a great relationship can really help them. Great reason :)

@tinak33 Self confidence is important and making these changes can really help, and sometimes, just being able to stick to your changes can help too.
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My why is my husband. He is such a good guy and I always want him to "want" to be with me. He tells me all the time that he will always love me, no matter what, but I feel better when I am more attractive to him (i.e. thinner). I want him to be proud to be my husband.
  • AB0215
    Options
    @JJKM02 Honeslty, I think for most people, it really take something like rock bottom or something drastic to make a change because we can't see it everyday, we don't see the little changes that happen everyday and it's definitely better late than never. You're doing great and you will get there.
    I love this team, I don't have supportive family, and I can't change them. But I have a couple really great friends and even more here :)

@CourtneyLomonaco I TOTALLY get that one. I have very similar thoughts. We all have a WHY and it's important not to lose sight of it because it's really what keeps us going when it gets harder.
  • Keri8680
    Keri8680 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday
    Track- yes
    Calories- perfect
    Exercise- vacuumed and mopped kitchen
    Water- not enough

Been feeling really sluggish lately and didn’t want to push it with my 21 day fix cardio yesterday because I had plans last night. I am hoping to finally get my energy back but I think keto is rrally messing with me. I am 2 months in and am happy with the healthy changes I have made. I will give it another month but if I don’t see improvement I may switch over to a diet that allows a few more carbs/sugar.

• AB0215
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Keri8680 wrote: »
    Been feeling really sluggish lately and didn’t want to push it with my 21 day fix cardio yesterday because I had plans last night. I am hoping to finally get my energy back but I think keto is rrally messing with me. I am 2 months in and am happy with the healthy changes I have made. I will give it another month but if I don’t see improvement I may switch over to a diet that allows a few more carbs/sugar.

I'm going to say a few things, and I really hope they don't come out "preachy" but here goes anyway.

Keto takes time to get acclimated to. During this "induction phase" you can't cheat, you need to let your body deplete it's glycogen and learn to use fat as fuel. This process takes approximately 2-8 weeks depending on the person and if you cheat, your body refills the glycogen in it's cells and the fat adaptation process has to start all over again. If this is something you are finding difficult to do, then Keto might not right for you, and it's certainly not for everyone, but I love it and believe in it. Keto has many many benefits but you simply can't cheat on it during the initial phases and if you need help with recipes, please let me know, I make cookies and everything so that we (my hubby and me) aren't tempted to cheat. Once you're fat adapted, your energy will be higher and much more steady since your body will use your own body fat as fuel when it's low.
    Another thing that it can be is electrolytes. These are particularly important on keto since your body flushes water and electrolytes through the system. You need more electrolytes than an average person while on this diet. And water, this is another thing vitally important to a Ketogenic diet. These things can make you feel sluggish.
    Another thing to realize is that during the transition, you will have lower energy while your body adjusts and workouts will be harder. I went through it, I wasn't able to lift as heavy or go as long, but once the change happened, my workouts are better than they have ever been.
    Please let me know if I can help you in any way. I've been on this diet since July last year and I've learned a lot along the way.
  • Keri8680
    Keri8680 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Keri8680 wrote: »

I'm going to say a few things, and I really hope they don't come out "preachy" but here goes anyway.

Keto takes time to get acclimated to. During this "induction phase" you can't cheat, you need to let your body deplete it's glycogen and learn to use fat as fuel. This process takes approximately 2-8 weeks depending on the person and if you cheat, your body refills the glycogen in it's cells and the fat adaptation process has to start all over again. If this is something you are finding difficult to do, then Keto might not right for you, and it's certainly not for everyone, but I love it and believe in it. Keto has many many benefits but you simply can't cheat on it during the initial phases and if you need help with recipes, please let me know, I make cookies and everything so that we (my hubby and me) aren't tempted to cheat. Once you're fat adapted, your energy will be higher and much more steady since your body will use your own body fat as fuel when it's low.
    Another thing that it can be is electrolytes. These are particularly important on keto since your body flushes water and electrolytes through the system. You need more electrolytes than an average person while on this diet. And water, this is another thing vitally important to a Ketogenic diet. These things can make you feel sluggish.
    Another thing to realize is that during the transition, you will have lower energy while your body adjusts and workouts will be harder. I went through it, I wasn't able to lift as heavy or go as long, but once the change happened, my workouts are better than they have ever been.
    Please let me know if I can help you in any way. I've been on this diet since July last year and I've learned a lot along the way.

No- I appreciate your insight on this!! I seriously only cheated once, I have been very strict aside from this past weekend. I am taking a multivitamin, potassium, magnesium, b complex and D3 vitamins. I get 7-8 hours of sleep at night and do 30 minutes of exercise from the 21 day fix. I have had significantly more fatigued days than I have normal days. I am willing to stick it out because I believe this is much healthier than all the sugar and processed foods I was eating. I am trying to really work on my water intake because I know I haven’t been drinking enough.
This discussion has been closed.