weigh in day Wednesday
    April 4: 247.8
    April 11: 247
    April 18 : 246
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    @Djou11 & @wyhorzegal

Thanks for the encouragement. It's report card time so I don't have a lot of time for working out. So, instead of beating myself up I've decided to focus on my water intake.
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    wyhorzegal wrote: »
    I woke up to lots of little crying babies, (goats and lambs) got my goat milked got everyone fed and still made it to work 30 minutes early. So I did a workout in my office before everyone got here this morning:) The sun is shining and l hope everyone has a wonderful healthy day!

That's a busy morning! Great job getting in a workout.
  • mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone -- hope everyone is having a great week.
    Username: mhopp93
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Starting weight : 310.4

Week 1 : 311.4 (up one pound -- too much Easter)

Week 2 : 307.6 (a lot more focus this week provides a much better result. Now the trick is to do it two weeks in a row)

Week 3 : 306.6 (a good week of tracking, a little up and down but overall down 1 pound for the week. Looking forward to finishing April strong.)

Week 4:
  • Ecowles675
    Ecowles675 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Username: ecowles675
    Weigh in day: Wed
    Starting Weight 3/28: 194
    Week 1 4/4: 194
    Week 2 4/11: 193
    Week 3 4/18: 191
    Week 4 4/25

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • wyhorzegal
    wyhorzegal Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    @aganey one day at time! I know I do several meals all day! Mine takes a little planning but I am never hungry and sometimes I have to make myself eat all my food. Great job tracking, make yourself track even if you go over, so you can go back and see what you did:)

@mlhopp93 Yay! you can finish April strong! :)

@Ecowles675 great week! whatever your doing this month is really paying off:)
  • wyhorzegal
    Options
    @WA_Teacher that is great! sometimes all we can do is work on one thing at a time! My husband is a teacher so I totally understand report cards and parent teacher conferences. What grade do you teach?

@lositall way to get rid of them pounds!
  • wyhorzegal
    Options
    Username: wyhorzegal
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    LW: 208.4
    CW: 210

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(
  • wyhorzegal
    Options
    uuggh! I just want to go to mcdonalds and have everything bad! I know I haven't slept for a week, but I have been under in all my stuff on MFP and I have exercised even did extra walks, came to work early and did extra workouts! Drank my water.....I guess it wasn't in the scale this week:( sorry team!

It was my week to do my monthly measurements and I did loss another -7 inches this month, so I that is good.

Me talking to myself "I will stay focused, I will still meet my goals, I am working towards a positive lifestyle change, I can do this!" haha ok some what better now!

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • kafsha25
    kafsha25 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    week 1 4/4: 205
    week 2 4/11: 204
    week 3 4/18: 202
    my goal for the next two weeks is to make it into one-derland
  • Ecowles675
    Ecowles675 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @wyhorzegal I will have to see if I can find the article I read recently that talks about the importance of sleep in relation to weight loss. It basically said that if you don't get enough sleep you will struggle to lose weight. I find that when my sleep is on point (consistent and enough!) the weight comes off much easier.
  • stacybaker707
    stacybaker707 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    @djou11 thanks! Keto is great! I had symptoms of the "flu" a few days in but they went away. I just got back from a trip to San Francisco with my hubs and kids and I didn't cheat at all, even used the hotel gym. Pretty proud about it! I am feeling pretty energized too!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,187 Member
    Options
    @djou11 thanks! Keto is great! I had symptoms of the "flu" a few days in but they went away. I just got back from a trip to San Francisco with my hubs and kids and I didn't cheat at all, even used the hotel gym. Pretty proud about it! I am feeling pretty energized too!

Trying to figure out what Keto is. Is it like Atkins low carb eating from years ago? Sounds like a lot of people are on it. I've tried researching it - any good sites to read up on it?
  • Djou11
    Djou11 Posts: 167 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @WA_Teacher oh how I admire people like you that can work with kids on a daily basis without going nuts lol I wouldn't be able to. You are doing good focus on small daily goals :)

@aganey oh potty training is tough I'm dreading having to start training my middle one in a month or so ... In terms of logging food I know it is hard to log it consistently but it actually helps. That way when you get to the evening you see exactly where you're at calorie wise. Try to find low calorie snacks that you like that you can go to quick when you have that urge to eat at night. My go to is peanut butter, I grab a small tsp and just eat that and it satisfy my cravings.

@mhopp93 great steady loss :) Have yourself a great week too and yeah for finishing April strong !!

@ecowles675 way to crush that 100 lbs loss :) you are dedicated and it is inspiring to watch you go :) ❤️

@wyhorzegal don't beat yourself up ... You are having major non-scale victory. I know this challenge is geared on the scale results but 7 inches loss that is AMAZING!!

1z0cam96t48g.jpg

sorry it's gross but that is how drastic the difference is ... inches loss is a big WIN !!
    also like @Ecowles675 said sleep plays a huge role in weight loss too. Sleep deprivation messes up your hormones here is a WebMD article about the hormones disruption. https://www.webmd.com/diet/sleep-and-weight-loss#1

@kafsha25 I know you can do it ... reach the 100's by the end of April :) stay focus and dive into those goals!!

@stacybaker707 that's awesome I'm happy it's working well for you ... I must have been doing something wrong as I had zero energy and never had that great loss that everyone seems to get the first few weeks. Keep it up it's working for you!! ps I had bought 4 cook books that I'd be happy to share if you're interested send me a private email i'll try to send them to you:)

@JulieAL1969 yes I think it's pretty similar to Atkins with a few little differences. I would refer to it as the bacon and eggs diet(I know it sounds good said like that but not all the time lol ). It's high fat, moderate protein and low carb in a ratio of fat 75%, protein 20% and carb 5% (that is like a total net grams of carb between 15-25g ideally, 1 medium banana has 23g net carbs).
    Good resources are Dr Eric Berg on youtube or fb (has tons of video explaining the science behind it) and also Thomas Delauer on youtube has great info.

• lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hey All,
    I had a good weigh in this week but leave tomorrow for a cruise! I am trying to come up with a strategy to keep from gaining! Any suggestions?

Starting Weight: 189
    April:
    Week 1 (April 01): 176. 4
    Week 2 (April 06):174.3
    Week 3 (April 12): 172.8
    Week 4 (April 20): 170.1

Have a great weekend all!
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Oh, also, I bought a bathing suit that I have been eyeing for months from Sundance catalogue! A splurge for sure! The thing is that it is a medium - size 8-10! I am currently a 14! It is backordered till mid-july so I wont have to try it on till then! More motivation to lose! I went shopping yesterday and it was the first time in literally years that I tried on clothes and like them! Even pants and shorts! I don't think I have worn shorts in 10 years...I prefer skirts as they cover more. I am now a large rather than xl - cant wait to get to a medium! It has been way too long!
  • stacybaker707
    stacybaker707 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    @lacatgirl great losses! I just went on a trip with my family and I found really great options thst didn't make me feel guilty. Of course, i'm doing keto so i am ok with eating fried things. Are you allowed to bring food? Maybe pack some yummy healthy snacks?
  • lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm personally trying to get to a size 8 by October for my bestie's wedding. I'm a 12ish right now (sometimes 14), and I know it's doable!!!!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,187 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    JulieAl1969
    Weigh in day Friday
    Previous ?
    Current 165
    Week 4
    Wanted to be 159
    By the end of the month. Will have to cut out snacks.
    Day 3 no chocolate so that's a success.
This discussion has been closed.