TEAM: Flab u Less (April)

Options

Replies

• Djou11
    Djou11 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. I chose weigh-in day as Sunday, but I had to give it yesterday?
    Idk but I started with 228 and am now 221

@stacybaker707 I know it seems confusing at first especially when you have a Sunday weigh in (I do too) I will do my best to try to explain it as best I can.
    Week 1- from April 1st to April 7th
    Week 2- from April 8th to April 14th
    Week 3- from April 15th to April 21st
    Week 4- from April 22nd to April 28th

As a Sunday weigh in you are weighing in first (along with all other Sundayers lol) And the Saturday weigh ins are the last ones to enter their results for that week. Members that like me got roll over from the previous month had a starting weight from the previous Sunday (march 25th), but new members who like you enrolled on the last day of registration (April 1st being the day you sent your starting weight) the Sunday April 1st number is actually your starting weight AND your week 1weigh in, therefore the weight that was lost during week 1 will be week 2 weigh ins. If it makes any sense. You only need to send in your weigh ins on your weigh in day. I sent a msg to everyone asking to make sure that their week 1 weigh ins were sent in before Saturday night to ensure that we had everybody's results in the spreadsheet.

good job everyone :)
  • Djou11
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Week 1 results are in !!! big shout out to @NationalCapital who came in 3rd place for biggest individual loss.

Flab-u-Less top 3 this week are:
    1st NationalCapital
    2nd bisonpitcher
    3rd lacatgirl

I know some of (guilty as charged) enjoyed Easter a little too much but we the important thing is that we're still here and trying our best to become the best version of ourselves. So together let's focus on making small changes in our everyday lives. Whether it being more active, making better food choices or simply changing our attitude towards food and life, we can do this !!!

I'm asking you to join me in an group motivational activity this week. So if we can all post 1- what is one thing that you wish to do more/less this week? 2- how can we help you achieve it? 3- And why is that thing important to you in your journey?

So I'll go first:
    1- I want to add 20-30 mins of physical activity a day
    2- whenever you come in the group... ask me point blank if I worked out (if I haven't yet it we guilt me into doing it lol )
    3- adding physical activity ensures that I maintain and build muscle mass while loosing fat.

I pledge to post every day to keep me accountable for working out or not.

I believe in us!!! Let's do this !!

• Djou11
    Options
    Frens0614 wrote: »
    Frens0614
    Weigh in Week: April, Week 1
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    Previous: 155
    Current: 153.4

@frens0614 is that weigh in for Sunday April 8th?
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed last week’s weigh in. I was on a Paris girl’s trip and just got back a day ago. I’m afraid tomorrow’s weigh in might indicate what experiencing Angelina’s (Chocolat Africain and something I can’t pronounce but it had bourbon creme...ooh lala!) can do, but it was worth every ounce
  • Djou11
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    Sorry I missed last week’s weigh in. I was on a Paris girl’s trip and just got back a day ago. I’m afraid tomorrow’s weigh in might indicate what experiencing Angelina’s (Chocolat Africain and something I can’t pronounce but it had bourbon creme...ooh lala!) can do, but it was worth every ounce

No worries :) happy to see you back and I'm actually totally jealous of the Paris trip :)

• wyhorzegal
    wyhorzegal Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    @Djou11 did you work out yet today? What did you do?

Hopefully we might have some sun this week, so I can ride and do more out door chores! After this last snow we are calf deep in muck! uughg

Today I will add a mid day walk to my activity! :)
  • stacybaker707
    stacybaker707 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    So my weight went from 228 to 221 during the week then!
  • dheliason
    dheliason Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    dheliason
    April week 2
    Monday
    Previous: 147.5
    Current: 148.2

And 2 steps back!! I will recover!
  • Djou11
    Options
    wyhorzegal wrote: »
    @Djou11 did you work out yet today? What did you do?

Hopefully we might have some sun this week, so I can ride and do more out door chores! After this last snow we are calf deep in muck! uughg

Today I will add a mid day walk to my activity! :)

Not yet and by the looks of it I will have to do it tonight once the kiddos are in bed,the littlest one is glued to my arms lol

Great plan for the walk :) and hope you get to ride soon :)

@dheliason keep at it you will most definitely recover :)
  • lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    lar25473
    Week 1 (April 2): 196.2
    Week 2 (April 9): 196.6 :(
  • SavannahS2016
    SavannahS2016 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Starting weight : 189
    Week 1 : (April 2nd) 190
    Week 2 : (April 9th) 189.8
    Week 3 : (April 16th)
    Week 4: (April 23rd)

No change really but my son goes back to school tomorrow I am soo looking forward to it :s get back on schedule then. I do hope that next month we do I will do it better
  • Djou11
    Options
    lar25473 wrote: »
    lar25473
    Week 1 (April 2): 196.2
    Week 2 (April 9): 196.6 :(
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Starting weight : 189
    Week 1 : (April 2nd) 190
    Week 2 : (April 9th) 189.8
    Week 3 : (April 16th)
    Week 4: (April 23rd)

No change really but my son goes back to school tomorrow I am soo looking forward to it :s get back on schedule then. I do hope that next month we do I will do it better

@lar25473 don't be bummed, celebrate that you are maintaining :)

@SavannahS2016 don't beat yourself up, life does throw us mini curved balls daily. We are all here to develop better "batting skills " so we can make home runs with those curved balls :)
  • Frens0614
    Frens0614 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    @djou11 Hi, I'm sorry I guess I was also confused about the weigh in day since I started on Sunday. My weight on April 1 was 155, so I guess that was my week 1? And 153.4 was my week 2 on April 8? Sorry!

To join in on your motivational post:
    1- I want to try to avoid sugar more this week. I just love my desserts but it means to stay within my calorie goal I have to cut out so much and that's a struggle too. And I don't want to exchange sugar for healthy food.
    2- share how you're avoiding sweets or saying no if you are to kick my butt into shape!
    3- I just want to be healthier overall. I have severe acid reflux and trouble sleeping, and eating less sugar I know would help with both of those things.

Thank you @Djou11 for being an awesome coach!
  • Djou11
    Options
    @tslose yes you definitely still in :)
  • Djou11
    Options
    Frens0614 wrote: »
    @djou11 Hi, I'm sorry I guess I was also confused about the weigh in day since I started on Sunday. My weight on April 1 was 155, so I guess that was my week 1? And 153.4 was my week 2 on April 8? Sorry!

To join in on your motivational post:
    1- I want to try to avoid sugar more this week. I just love my desserts but it means to stay within my calorie goal I have to cut out so much and that's a struggle too. And I don't want to exchange sugar for healthy food.
    2- share how you're avoiding sweets or saying no if you are to kick my butt into shape!
    3- I just want to be healthier overall. I have severe acid reflux and trouble sleeping, and eating less sugar I know would help with both of those things.

Thank you @Djou11 for being an awesome coach!

No worries about the weigh in day confusion it is a bit weird when the group actually starts on a Sunday :)

Thank you so much for participating in this weeks mini challenge. So here is my input on your personal challenge this week. I totally hear you I love sweets too. I used to eat a lot of pb lol when I had a craving for sweets I would grab a spoonful of pb lol. I am trying something completely different now with KetoDiet and intermittent fasting. I have discovered delicious ways to substitute our regular white sugar for more healthy sugars. To be completely honest I am still struggling daily with not devouring all of my daughters easter chocolate lol but every time I want to grab it I try to ask myself are you really ready to sabotage your entire day of good eating for 5 seconds of food pleasure ( some times the answer is "I don't give a cr***p but most times I can reason myself lol)

Sorry realizing this got long lol

Happy to be part of this team
  • Djou11
    Options
    As I promised I would, I did. I hate doing it at this hour but had to keep to my word.

25 min treadmill session
    2km at a 3% incline
    Not as much as I wanted but I did it !!

• lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    @Djou11 I'm trying hard to encourage myself!! But I feel bad for not losing weight. It's a daily source of anxiety for me.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Username: nebslp
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Starting weight (Mar 25): 217
    Week 1 (April 01): no scale available
    Week 2 (April 08): 219
    Week 3 (April 15):
    Week 4 (April 22)
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Username 12774
    Weigh in day. Tuesday
    Starting weight 2018.....194.4lbs
    Week#1.....197.1 :'(:'(:'(
    Week#2.....193.0 :D:D:D
    Week#3.....
    Week#4.....
    Loss/gain this week(-4.1)
    Total loss/gain this month(-4.1)

This is what I'm talking about. My plan worked.Instead of salty /sweets snacks, I focused on fresh fruits and almonds also switched around and increased my gym activities.

• wyhorzegal
    wyhorzegal Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    lar25473 wrote: »
    @Djou11 I'm trying hard to encourage myself!! But I feel bad for not losing weight. It's a daily source of anxiety for me.

Have you done your measurements? I know that helps me when the scale doesn’t move.

This discussion has been closed.