MAY 2018 CHALLENGE

Replies

• skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Love those NSVs and the positive outlook, @NikkiJRM
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    NikkiJRM wrote: »
    I was logged on yesterday and had this whole reply typed out the...BLANK...power outage.
    @xDaniDragonflyx awesome job on your Workweek Hustle win. I haven't done that myself in a bit.

@stormywxs288 This is EXACTLY Mr Nikki! I wonder if I can convince him to weigh himself pre & post poop...you know, for data (laughs).

welcome @db19732018 You joined us JUST in time for poop talk. Fun times!!

Here are recent NSVs!!! WOOO HOOO
    I can run DOWN the stairs. For years I had to be very careful just walking down because sometimes my knees would lock and I didn't want to fall face first down or to my death (am I being dramatic?! :D ) Seriously though, I run up and down and my joints just cooperate.

I am currently wearing a pair of boots that wouldn't zip past my calves. My calves were 3 inches too wide when I bought them in the fall. Today they fit perfectly WITH my jeans tucked inside. AWESOME!

Lastly, I realized that for the first time in many years, I am healthy enough to be an organ donor. I've always checked the organ donor box on my driver's license, but from my understanding, organs from obese donors can be excluded. I'm not sure if that only applies to living donors, but it's not even an issue anymore. I am grateful for this. I always talk to Mr Nikki about donating, and for the first time it doesn't seem like an empty gesture.

Anyway, here is a picture of how my week is going. Positivity doesn't end at my keyboard folks. When life happens, or in this case a massive oak, you face it head on and GET IT DONE!

ww9toup6702o.jpg

316nsyv52c2b.jpg

ue9o56usrhy2.jpg

Bonus NSV:
    I haven't eaten all the ice cream in the freezer!

are we allowed to swear here? I'll use the initials BHF last word is fire. What the heck happened? wind rain or did it just fall? anyhow the good thing seems to be everyone is okay, don't like the look of that car though......... go for the ice cream, I may have one for you!............xxx
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Here are recent NSVs!!! WOOO HOOO
    I can run DOWN the stairs. For years I had to be very careful just walking down because sometimes my knees would lock and I didn't want to fall face first down or to my death (am I being dramatic?! :D ) Seriously though, I run up and down and my joints just cooperate.

I am currently wearing a pair of boots that wouldn't zip past my calves. My calves were 3 inches too wide when I bought them in the fall. Today they fit perfectly WITH my jeans tucked inside. AWESOME!

Lastly, I realized that for the first time in many years, I am healthy enough to be an organ donor. I've always checked the organ donor box on my driver's license, but from my understanding, organs from obese donors can be excluded. I'm not sure if that only applies to living donors, but it's not even an issue anymore. I am grateful for this. I always talk to Mr Nikki about donating, and for the first time it doesn't seem like an empty gesture.

Anyway, here is a picture of how my week is going. Positivity doesn't end at my keyboard folks. When life happens, or in this case a massive oak, you face it head on and GET IT DONE!

Bonus NSV:
    I haven't eaten all the ice cream in the freezer!

Took out some stuff to make it smaller, lol!
    OMG, I just realized because of your post, @NikkiJRM that I run up AND down the stairs at work too! And before, I totally had to go down them like an old lady, for the same fear of 'falling face first down to my death' :lol: How awesome is that?! *Highfive!*

And I am so excited for you to fit into your boots! I haven't bought boots like that for fear of not being able to zip them up my calves in the store. How embarrassing would that be?! :sweat_smile:

And the oak?! Seriously?! Is that your VW underneath it?! How can you all be standing there grinning from ear to ear?! :lol: I'd be crying/laughing for sure.

Great way to keep the positivity going!
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Hey everyone! I wanted to see if I could get some ideas about IF. I wake up around 3:50am every morning to go to the gym. On the days that I work, I work 12 hours shifts (7:00am-7:00pm). I try to push breakfast until about 9:00, but seeing as though I workout hard, I am usually starving then. I make sure breakfast is filling and Keto friendly.

I am trying to figure how HOW to incorporate IF. Do I just eat dinner before my family eat? Should I skip lunch? I am a newbie, as Friday marks 2 weeks of the Keto way of life. Any advice would be very appreciated! I have learned quite a lot, however have so much more to learn!

TIA
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    @laneybird, what is your goal for intermittent fasting?
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Posting early as we are heading off today and it will be a week of indulgence with old friends we don't get to see that often and I don't want not to have on record my miracle weight this morning, in the sure and certain knowledge that it will be up by next week! Still at least I've seen it and know it's been there so I can get there again!

For those of you who remember so very long ago, in at the beginning of December we had a house fire and have been in rented accommodation for ages now. It was supposed to take less than 6 months. Just had the final date that the house is to be ready for and wait for it.......... 16th October so 10.5 months............ahhhhhhh!

SW 184. 24 Sept

May 1st - 154.4
    Sunday 05/06 153.8
    Sunday 05/13 153.8
    Sunday 05/20. 151.4.
    Sunday 05/27
    May 31st -
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    @stormywxs288 Lol, it needed to be said - it was the elephant in the room. Thanks for your TMI. I'm also on the same "schedule" you are. I just wish it was a little more reliable. The other day I was at the carnival with my family and neighbors and all of a sudden, "Ya'll, watch the kiddo, I don't know when I'll be back!"

@NikkiJRM OMG, that's nuts! I hope you all have a fire place! And, congratulations on your soon to be new car!
  • laneybird
    kpk54 wrote: »
    @laneybird, what is your goal for intermittent fasting?

@kpk54 I was hoping to do the 16/8 however I am not sure how to make that work besides trying to push breakfast until about 11:00 in the morning. Then I would probably skip lunch? My biggest issue is being hungry after my workout. Which I am already waiting to eat about 3 hours after I’ve finished. I’m sure it would def take an adjustment period. I just want to be able to have dinner with my family. I’ve planned our meals to be mostly keto-friendly and what isn’t then I don’t eat. They’re none the wiser which is a win for me lol
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    @laneybird , I'm doing an 18/6 IF (just started this week) and because I prefer to have dinner with my hubby, I skip the morning meal and break my fast at about 11:30am (brunch!) I have a small keto friendly snack at 2:30pm and make sure I'm finished with dinner before 5:30pm..... although I do get up at 5am for work, I'm not going to the gym and working out, so I'm not sure how that would change the arrangement for me! Good luck to you, whatever schedule you choose!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited May 2018
    @laneybird, sorry. I maybe should have asked WHY do you want to fast or do intermittent fasting. The benefit? Some people do it to allow larger meals since they'll be eating fewer meals. Some people do it for perceived health benefits.

From a personal perspective it is not something I do though I have no real +/- opinion on it. I know during low carb (not keto) weight loss I generally ate 3 meals a day. I was hungry when I woke up. And often hungry when i went to bed. :/

Now eating much higher fat and lower carb, I can definitely tell a difference in lower hunger. I drink decaf with half and half in the morning (so certainly not fasting) but don't eat solid food (a meal) until I'm hungry which may be at 10am or at 4pm. Or anytime in between. Our dinner is generally around 8 or 9 pm. Except for the fact I usually have 40-200 calories in creamy coffee, some days I eat only 1 meal (and all that creamy coffee).

I do whatever fits my schedule and level of activity for the day which varies significantly. High fat keto eating has been a blessing to me. I'm not hungry all day, every day like I was during my weight loss year and first 2 years of maintenance. For me, the macros matter and the calories matter. Timing does not in regards to weight my management. Keto does make it a heck of a lot easier to "hold off" eating for what I know will be a larger meal but that goes back to helping me hang around my calorie amount.

What is your WHY for intermittent fasting?
  • laneybird
    @kpk54 My why is because I have read so many stories about how IF was a "must" for reaching their goals. I am doing this to lose weight, obviously, but I also just want to continue to feel better. So far I have been doing great with Keto...better that I thought I could do. I already drink over a gallon of water a day, so water consumption hasn't been an issue. Some days I am just more hungry than others. I recognize Keto as a way of eating, not a diet, however with that said I do have a LOT to lose and I am getting married in September. So any "boost" would be great as long as it's a healthy boost :)

• laneybird
    @Mrs_Hoffer I think I need to just eat "brunch" as well. There may be some days I am just going to have to have some almonds or something if I am just ravished from my workouts. That's not fasting, but I also don't want to be hangry lol. Thank you for the input!
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    @riricici Welcome to the bacon club! :D

Bacon is an NSV that just keeps on giving for me. For me there are very few things that smell as good as they taste. Coffee holds a close second but falls just short in the smell to taste ratio for me. Bread, brownies, cakes and a lot of baked goods could compete with bacon. but they are not really keto compliant.

Also, bacon takes everything to the next level. It elevates salads, soups, and entrees alike. I have to say, keto friendly bacon cheeseburgers, bacon and eggs and of course the BLT are on my Mt. Rushmore of go to quick and easy meals.

However, what makes bacon my favorite keto food is bacon fat. Cooking bacon renders liquid gold I collect in a jar to store in the frig. I use the pure pork goodness to cook almost everything I put in a pan. One measly tsp is 4g of fat and 0 carbs/protein. Bacon fat is a twofer: cooking with it ups fat content and adds amazing flavor at the same time.

That is why I <3 eating fat, <3 keto and of course <3 bacon

• Mrs_Hoffer
    @stormywxs288 , I know you'll do well at your tournament! And huge Congrats to you on your weight loss! You're such an inspiration! Thanks for your advice on IF... I've had a terrific week, and I feel great!
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    @stormywxs288 Good luck! I love bowling. I've won a few tournies myself ;) I find if I go into the event with the stance that I am free to eat as I please, and accept the outcome of such indulgence, I often end up having a few nibbles and tastes and sips but it's never as bad or as crazy as I imagine. Giving myself the permission and freedom often results in me choosing not to overindulge and I leave feeling successful, instead of going in with a restrictive stance and leaving feeling disappointed. So much of this journey is in our heads!!
  • Freischuetz
    Freischuetz Posts: 147 Member
    May 1st: 173.1
    May 6th: 174.4
    May 13th: 176.8
    May 20th: 177.0
    May 27th:
    May 30th:
  • katrados
    katrados Posts: 10 Member
    edited May 2018
    Hello everyone, here is my weigh in.
    Starting weight 145.5
    Goal weight 136.6

May 1st - 143.3
    May 6th - 140.6
    May 13th - 140.2
    May 20th - 140.2
    May 27th
    May 30th

Although my weight is the same I have a NSV and an unbelievable one. Waist measurement - 10 cm and thighs - 3 cm. I noticed that I need a smaller belt, everyone noticed that I lost weight,
    Still 4 pounds to go.
    I am also doing the fitness video 30 days shred from Jillian Michaels, every third day, but it never gave any results before I switched to Keto.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Finished my first week of IF and I'm pleased with the results! I'm almost to the 20lb mark and am so excited!

March 20 (began keto)
    Starting weight: 221

May 1: 208.4
    Sunday 5/6: 206.0 (-2.4)
    Sunday 5/13: 205 6 (- .4)
    Sunday 5/20: 203.6 (-2.0)
    Sunday 5/27:
    Thursday 5/31:
    Personal Goal (weight) by Jun 1: 199