MAY 2018 CHALLENGE

chinatowninchina
chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
edited June 2018 in Social Groups
MAY!! What happened? Summer here we come: let's get that weight off and enjoy the summer by not feeling all that extra weight! Who wants to feel like a beached whale? No? Then join or continue the Monthly Challenge!

Here we go: a new challenge but the old spreadsheet!

So don't look for a new one of those, but continue to post your weight on the 'Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet' which Nikki will update as needed. You can obviously also post your weight in this post and many do.

For anyone new out there; feel very welcome to join, we usually post our weigh Sundays and use the 'Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet' also in 'Announcements' to track weight.

We use this thread to encourage each other and to add our weight as well if we want to and generally chat!

It's fun and it's been working and we've lost a shed load of weight between us. It seems to keep us going and even if we go up occasionally (and who doesn't!) we get back to it and continue the journey.

So here we go, good luck in May.

To finish off April; Monday 04/30

Sunday 05/06
Sunday 05/13
Sunday 05/20
Sunday 05/27
Thursday 05/31 for those who like to round off the month!

Replies

• domesticlou
    domesticlou Posts: 8 Member
    Hi! I am new, not to keto particularly although I'm recently back on it after an unexplainable hiatus! But I'm very new to discussing it in (virtual) public, I've decided I'm lonely with literally no one IRL that eats like I do! So is it as simple as adding myself to the spreadsheet? Many thanks
  • chinatowninchina
    yup that's it really, if you have a problem adding yourself just let NikkiJRM know and she will add you, sometimes there is a problem with the apt on phones. Also feel free to just log your weight in the April or soon to be May Challenge, people vary about what they do some do both and some just one! Welcome to the like minded!! It's a very supportive group.
  • destinygalll1
    destinygalll1 Posts: 2 Member
    How do I get added ?
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    @destinygalll1 We will all post our stats here each week. We also comment on this thread through the month and keep each other up to date with how our week is going, successes & opportunities etc. You can access the spreadsheet HERE
  • NikkiJRM
    Because I like being on the 1st page for reference later! :#

May 1st
    May 6th
    May 13th
    May 20th
    May 27th
    May 30th
  • chinatowninchina
    @NikkiJRM that's because you now look like a front page girl!!
  • NikkiJRM
    @chinatowninchina That made me giggle! :p
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Here I go starting again, again...

May 1st
    May 6th
    May 13th
    May 20th
    May 27th
    May 30th

Current weight 171
    Goal weight 134
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    edited April 2018
    I’d love to join. New to Keto. 8 days in. I think I added myself in right on the spreadsheet (BE)

May 1st
    May 6th
    May 13th
    May 20th
    May 27th
    May 30th

Current weight: 225
    Goal weight: 150
  • cbishop7777
    cbishop7777 Posts: 86 Member
    Ready for May! I love this group. I'm changing my goal weight from 150 to 140. Up until about 12 years ago I was below 130 but I've since been through menopause and just normal aging. I don't think 140 is unreasonable and it may take most of the summer to get there, but I'm confident I can do it with this new way of eating. I'm loving keto.

May 1st
    May 6th
    May 13th
    May 20th
    May 27th
    May 30th

Current weight 162
    Goal weight 140
  • Champion4ever
    Champion4ever Posts: 49 Member
    I’m excited to join this group! I literally just started Keto today! I think I added myself in right on the spreads

May 1st
    May 6th
    May 13th
    May 20th
    May 27th
    May 30th

Current weight: 215
    Goal weight: 150
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Glad to join in! Think I got myself added to the spreadsheet ok. I started trying keto out 10 days ago and have been very happy with it so far. A couple little slip ups, but overall I’m finding it easy to follow and satisfying.
    Now next week might be a different story, when I’m far from home at Disney World with 3 kids for 5 days, but I’m already looking forward to being able to really commit myself to it when we get home.

May 1
    May 6
    May 13
    May 20
    May 27
    May 31

CW: 194.2
    GW: 140
  • chinatowninchina
    goodness we have early sign ups this month! Welcome old (in months!!) welcome new!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited April 2018
    skctilidie wrote: »
    Glad to join in! Think I got myself added to the spreadsheet ok. I started trying keto out 10 days ago and have been very happy with it so far. A couple little slip ups, but overall I’m finding it easy to follow and satisfying.
    Now next week might be a different story, when I’m far from home at Disney World with 3 kids for 5 days, but I’m already looking forward to being able to really commit myself to it when we get home.

May 1
    May 6
    May 13
    May 20
    May 27
    May 31

CW: 194.2
    GW: 140

@skctilidie I have a few friends who stay fully keto at Disney World semi-regularly! Good luck.

P.S. I think one blogged about her experience, if you're interested...

https://www.rjtheodore.com/low-carb-disney-dining-plan-day-1/

She goes through all the days, week plus, including her reflections on what she would do differently.
  • Freischuetz
    Freischuetz Posts: 147 Member
    well, here we go again... i did not reach my goal to gain a few pounds, but it was a good month of recomp.

May 1st:
    May 6th:
    May 13th:
    May 20th:
    May 27th:
    May 30th:
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @skctilidie I have a few friends who stay fully keto at Disney World semi-regularly! Good luck.

P.S. I think one blogged about her experience, if you're interested...

https://www.rjtheodore.com/low-carb-disney-dining-plan-day-1/

She goes through all the days, week plus, including her reflections on what she would do differently.

Awesome, thank you! I’ve promised the munchkins that we can all do the “desserts around the world” tour of Epcot that the 11 and 12 year old been researching and planning, but if I can stick to the plan on the other days of the trip, all the better!
  • d_dc_lady
    d_dc_lady Posts: 121 Member
    Here we go! May will be my second full month of Keto and I feel like I've finally gotten into a good groove. My goal going forward is to consistently exercise, even if just 20 minutes a day. Only 21 lbs left to go for me!

May 1st:
    May 6th:
    May 13th:
    May 20th:
    May 27th:
    May 30th:
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    @FIT_Goat might also have some ideas for how to stay on plan at Disney...I forget his advice... Turkey legs, perhaps?
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    I just passed my 2 month mark doing keto and still loving it! My weigh in schedule is a bit different from everyone else's:

April 30:
    May 6:
    May 13:
    May 20:
    May 27:
    May 31:

I like weighing in at the end of the month, rather than the beginning. :smile: