May 6:
    May 13:
    May 20:
    May 27:
    May 31:
  • brandi2408
    brandi2408 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m new here and would love to participate!

May 1st
    May 6th
    May 13th
    May 20th
    May 27th
    May 30th
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    skctilidie wrote: »
    Now next week might be a different story, when I’m far from home at Disney World with 3 kids for 5 days, but I’m already looking forward to being able to really commit myself to it when we get home.

I am a strict carnivore, and I can make it work at Disney. It can be done. I've also done it at keto levels, which is easier. Some parks are harder than others.

Epcot can be difficult if you're not willing to spend much money. They do have turkey legs (usually back in America but also elsewhere). For the love of meat, DO NOT get the steak at the restaurant in America. I have never been served a bad steak in my life, and I can still say that because whatever they served me was NOT a steak! It was the size, thickness, and texture of the tongue of a leather boot. My request for "rare" was ignored. They only cook it one way, and that way is an insult to all bovine creatures on this planet. Don't do it. Trust me. If you want steak, Canada is the way to go. The only problem is that is it is very pricey. The steakhouse in Canada does have excellent steaks and the meat and cheese appetizer is also amazing. It is "almost" worth the cost. Almost, my meat and cheese appetizer and the ribeye was $76 before tax and tip. And, I didn't get a drink other than water. It was easily $100 just for myself.

Magic Kingdom isn't too bad. Lots of places have turkey legs. In Future Land, the restaurant has a "half-chicken" meal and they will usually substitute double veggies instead of potatoes and veggies. At least they used to, I bet they still do. I stopped bothering to ask for it, as I don't eat the veggies either anymore. I still get the half chicken. It's a decent meal.

Most character sit-down places (again... costly) have a variety of all you can eat meats and vegetables. I don't like the "family style" places, even though they are unlimited. There's just too much stuff that I don't eat, and their meat portions are stingy. You can ask for more, but it's annoying. One of them (I forget which one but it's near the paddle boat in Magic Kingdom) is horrible. The meat they do have is not keto friendly (too much sugary sauce).

Animal Kingdom, hang to the right as you come in, there's a BBQ place along that route. It's about the only good keto place. You can ask for no sauce. Hollywood Studies, near Tower of Terror is a similar place, with the same requests. Both places also have turkey legs or leg stands near them.

If you have transportation, you can eat outside the parks. I often hit up Fuddruckers (2/3rd pound burger, extra patty, hold the bun, plain) and get pretty full at about the same cost as a turkey leg in the park. You can also hit up McD's for burger patties alone, but that's more a carnivore hack than a keto trick.

It can be done! Will there be temptation? Tons. Will it be "easier" to just eat what is available and not hunt down the better choices? Of course. But, I am living proof that even the most restrictive low-carb diets can be managed there.
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    This May will be my 3rd month on keto - still learning, and still loving it!!! I think I changed my macros every day this week. My hubby is so inspired by my commitment and energy that he started Keto today. I must be doing something right because he rarely follows my lead. Not that meat and cheese is a hard sell. He's probably just so relieved I'm not shoving a green-grey smoothie under his nose claiming "it's my best one yet."

My goal this month is to stay firmly in Ketosis - no cheats. I've recently added supplements to my diet to help with Potassium and the like- that's feeling good already. I'm not setting a weight goal this month because it is so clearly out of my hands. All I can do is be better at Keto and the rest will come. I'm going to focus on healthier food choices. The first 2 months I let myself eat 'All of the Things' because it was the path of least resistance, but I was practically dairy free before I started Keto and I'd like to have more recipes utilizing healthier fats. But I do love my cream cheese!

Welcome to all the new folks!! I 'heart' this thread, and everyone on it!!

May 1:
    May 6:
    May 13:
    May 20:
    May 27:
    May 31:

• chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @xDaniDragonflyx It doesn't matter, you join in and you weigh in!!

And hello everyone, April hasn't finished and here we are in May, It must be this Keto lark, forces you to plan ahead!!! :D
  • mishamishi77777
    mishamishi77777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’d like to join in as well

May 1:
    May 6:
    May 13:
    May 20:
    May 27:
    May 31
  • domesticlou
    domesticlou Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi again :smile:

Well I'm in the spreadsheet but also below:

May 1st:
    May 6th:
    May 13th:
    May 20th:
    May 27th:
    May 30th:

Looking forward to interacting with like minded bods!
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    Now next week might be a different story, when I’m far from home at Disney World with 3 kids for 5 days, but I’m already looking forward to being able to really commit myself to it when we get home.

I am a strict carnivore, and I can make it work at Disney. It can be done. I've also done it at keto levels, which is easier. Some parks are harder than others.

Epcot can be difficult if you're not willing to spend much money. They do have turkey legs (usually back in America but also elsewhere). For the love of meat, DO NOT get the steak at the restaurant in America. I have never been served a bad steak in my life, and I can still say that because whatever they served me was NOT a steak! It was the size, thickness, and texture of the tongue of a leather boot. My request for "rare" was ignored. They only cook it one way, and that way is an insult to all bovine creatures on this planet. Don't do it. Trust me. If you want steak, Canada is the way to go. The only problem is that is it is very pricey. The steakhouse in Canada does have excellent steaks and the meat and cheese appetizer is also amazing. It is "almost" worth the cost. Almost, my meat and cheese appetizer and the ribeye was $76 before tax and tip. And, I didn't get a drink other than water. It was easily $100 just for myself.

Magic Kingdom isn't too bad. Lots of places have turkey legs. In Future Land, the restaurant has a "half-chicken" meal and they will usually substitute double veggies instead of potatoes and veggies. At least they used to, I bet they still do. I stopped bothering to ask for it, as I don't eat the veggies either anymore. I still get the half chicken. It's a decent meal.

Most character sit-down places (again... costly) have a variety of all you can eat meats and vegetables. I don't like the "family style" places, even though they are unlimited. There's just too much stuff that I don't eat, and their meat portions are stingy. You can ask for more, but it's annoying. One of them (I forget which one but it's near the paddle boat in Magic Kingdom) is horrible. The meat they do have is not keto friendly (too much sugary sauce).

Animal Kingdom, hang to the right as you come in, there's a BBQ place along that route. It's about the only good keto place. You can ask for no sauce. Hollywood Studies, near Tower of Terror is a similar place, with the same requests. Both places also have turkey legs or leg stands near them.

If you have transportation, you can eat outside the parks. I often hit up Fuddruckers (2/3rd pound burger, extra patty, hold the bun, plain) and get pretty full at about the same cost as a turkey leg in the park. You can also hit up McD's for burger patties alone, but that's more a carnivore hack than a keto trick.

It can be done! Will there be temptation? Tons. Will it be "easier" to just eat what is available and not hunt down the better choices? Of course. But, I am living proof that even the most restrictive low-carb diets can be managed there.

Thank you so much! :smile: This was not a trip I ever imagined we’d be going on (or one I really wanted to do, tbh - the boys and I travel a lot, but I usually prefer to avoid tourist traps and big crowds) until my 11 year old won a 5 day vacation there as grand prize in a video making contest. I’ve been more than a little overwhelmed trying to figure it all out - having some idea of how to manage to feed myself is a relief.

I’m already planning on the day we do Epcot being a total loss as far as keto goes, because the boys have spent so much time working together to plan a “desserts around the world” tour and I don’t want to disappoint them by not participating and at least having a small taste of each of their choices, but I’m hoping to be able to stick to it the other 4 days we’re gone. Your suggestions will definitely help with that.
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'll be back for May which will be my second month of Keto, and so far it's been really great! I learn something new everyday, and my progress has kept me motivated. I
    don't comment very often, but I do love how this group is so supportive of each other and I enjoy being part of a keto community and am learning so much from everyone! :smile:

May will be challenging for me since my son is graduating from HS, my mom is having a serious operation and I'll be living in a hotel for two weeks due to work. I will
    have to figure out my eats and I'll be transporting my scale and bike with me. I am not going to set goals or restrictions this month other than try to continue to eat keto/low carb.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I’m already planning on the day we do Epcot being a total loss as far as keto goes, because the boys have spent so much time working together to plan a “desserts around the world” tour and I don’t want to disappoint them by not participating and at least having a small taste of each of their choices, but I’m hoping to be able to stick to it the other 4 days we’re gone. Your suggestions will definitely help with that.

Just an FYI, my profile photo is me at Epcot wearing a shirt I bought from Italy***. That's how much time we spend at Disney. We have annual passes and my wife is a huge fan. I once told her how much more we could have, if we invested the cost of the passes (instead of going to Disney), she told me that I could continue to be married OR have that extra money. It wasn't going to be both. :lol:

***Bonus points if you can find that location and get a photo of where I was standing. LOL
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    phytogurl wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'll be back for May which will be my second month of Keto, and so far it's been really great! I learn something new everyday, and my progress has kept me motivated. I
    don't comment very often, but I do love how this group is so supportive of each other and I enjoy being part of a keto community and am learning so much from everyone! :smile:

May will be challenging for me since my son is graduating from HS, my mom is having a serious operation and I'll be living in a hotel for two weeks due to work. I will
    have to figure out my eats and I'll be transporting my scale and bike with me. I am not going to set goals or restrictions this month other than try to continue to eat keto/low carb.

That’s a lot to have going on all at once! Best of luck to you.

FIT_Goat wrote: »
    Just an FYI, my profile photo is me at Epcot wearing a shirt I bought from Italy***. That's how much time we spend at Disney. We have annual passes and my wife is a huge fan. I once told her how much more we could have, if we invested the cost of the passes (instead of going to Disney), she told me that I could continue to be married OR have that extra money. It wasn't going to be both. :lol:

***Bonus points if you can find that location and get a photo of where I was standing. LOL

Lol, that sounds like a conversation that would happen at our house, but the thing we spend waaaay too much on is soccer. The youngest two kids play on competitive club teams, we have season tickets for 2 different teams (our local USL team in the summer and our arena team in the winter) and attend most Sporting KC games and all the games our local semi-pro futsal team play. We regularly feed a bunch of the arena team’s players in the winter and most of our traveling is to one or another of our teams’ away games. I guess that means my comment about crowds isn’t exactly accurate...more like we avoid big crowds except at soccer matches. :joy:

I’ll do my best to get a matching pic - I love a good challenge!
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    My goal this month is to stay firmly in Ketosis - no cheats. I'm not setting a weight goal this month because it is so clearly out of my hands. All I can do is be better at Keto and the rest will come.

What she said !!!!! I think that is such a smart approach, especially after you've been on keto 3 months, you're fat adapted and your weight loss has probably tappered off. I'm with you. I hope to be better at keto and remain in ketosis this month as well.

Like you my nonscale victories (NSV) have been off the charts and other people have taken notice. No weigh goals for me this month either. However, I still weigh myself daily and I love cream cheese too.

• xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My goal this month is to stay firmly in Ketosis - no cheats. I'm not setting a weight goal this month because it is so clearly out of my hands. All I can do is be better at Keto and the rest will come.

What she said !!!!! I think that is such a smart approach, especially after you've been on keto 3 months, you're fat adapted and your weight loss has probably tappered off. I'm with you. I hope to be better at keto and remain in ketosis this month as well.

Like you my nonscale victories (NSV) have been off the charts and other people have taken notice. No weigh goals for me this month either. However, I still weigh myself daily and I love cream cheese too.

I actually hate and love weighing myself weekly. I hate it, because I know I get too focused on just the number on the scale. But I also love it because it satisfies my curiosity and cheers me on to see the number going down.

But the NSVs are what I'd like to focus on more, especially now that I am fat adapted. My clothes do not fit me right any more. My jeans, for example, weren't tight or anything, but they fit comfortably. Now, I have to hold them as I walk up and down the stairs, otherwise they slide right off! (Yes, I know I should wear a belt, but I've never liked them. They've always hurt my overhang :blush: )
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    @xDaniDragonflyx I bet that overhang is on it's way/weigh out! Welcome to the world of belts!
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @xDaniDragonflyx I bet that overhang is on it's way/weigh out! Welcome to the world of belts!

Goodness I hope so! :sweat_smile: But I dunno, belts are so constricting!
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @NikkiJRM That's a great idea!!!

@stormywxs288 Congrats on NSV's!!! Those can be even better!

• Lisbydezign
    Lisbydezign Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Been missing you all! Have had a not so great April, my dad passed away on 4/9. Dealt with the funeral last week, ate pasta salad! Yikes! Gained a little bit over the past week I managed to get going in the right direction again.

Have to make the next few weeks seriously count!! My birthday is on the 9th and my daughters and I are going to Hawaii on May 19!!! So excited!
    Actually tried on a swimming suit for the first time in 5 years.
    I’ll weigh before we leave and then not ‘till we get back. I’m going to try and be mostly good but hey it’s vacation right?!
    :blush:
    Here’s to May!

SW- 237.8
    April29 - 179
    05/06
    05/13
    5/18
    05/27
    05/31
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    my daughters and I are going to Hawaii on May 19!!! So excited!

SW- 237.8
    April29 - 179

By my calculations it looks like you have close to 60 lbs in the bank from your starting point. I'd say you deserve to relax a bit in the sun and surf. Enjoy yourself!!! May will be a better month.
  • pendennis
    pendennis Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    January 1: 266
    April 29: 225

Sunday 5/6:
    Sunday 5/13:
    Sunday 5/20:
    Sunday 5/27:
    Thursday 5/31:

Goal weight: 215

If I hit my goal then I will beat my random goal of getting below my husbands starting weight of 218.