pdfrazier08 Posts: 178 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    MTD = 37.01

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    @taxmom9093 - before I retired I worked 80+ hour weeks. Don't beat yourself up too much because finding balance when you are that tired and stressed is almost impossible. My best suggestion is to make small changes like parking farther away to get a little walk from your car, taking stairs if you are in that kind of building, or walking to wherever you get lunch. If you are superhuman, try to get up earlier and get in a very short, efficient workout. The best way to find balance is unfortunately retirement or a career change. But if that isn't in the cards, just be proud that when things slow down you do take care of yourself and you work to rebuild your fitness. Your dedication to getting back into shape each year is actually a big deal.
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Went for a couple of walks this morning (with and without dog). I'm at 42/75.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,294 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    5/6 5.50 miles
    5/7 10 miles
    5/8 7 miles
    5/9 6.25 miles 28.75

As of 5/9 66.25 miles of 200 miles

exercise.png

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,337 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

pwx8sewftdsa.gif
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I sooooo love the penguin.
    Thank you for your good wishes.
    @Dave .... your boy is a handsome young mum ..... does he take after his mother or you :p:D:p
    @taxmom9093 - @Janet writes very wise words.

exercise.png

7th: 6 miles - MTD 39.28
    8th: 5.75 miles - MTD 45.03
    9th: 2 miles - MTD 47.03
    10th: 11 miles, 4.16 m running (hill training), 0.31 m swimming, 6.53 m purposeful walking - MTD 58.03

My son’s wedding was beautiful. He was 33 before he met someone, after many reclusive years. It was a miracle that he found someone - never mind his soulmate. It was a quiet wedding. My new daughter-in-law has a 24 year old daughter with ASD, which pretty much dictated how many people attended.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,407 Member
    Options
    05/08 - 6.59 miles
    05/09 - 3.18 miles
    05/10 - 4.89 miles

exercise.png

We're getting up at 4:00 a.m. to get an hour walk in before we p/u our grandbaby. Egads! Thought I got away from that early morning roll outta bed when I retired! :D

Chris
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Adding 2.4 miles. The gym is doing three challenges this week, Move 10K steps, Move 150 mins of exercise and and a month long Exercise is Medicine program where you earn "fit bucks" for classes, lectures, and even guessing the picture on the bulletin board or answering the fitness question. I've got $55 dollars so far. They can be used in June for various things in the gym. It's keeping me busy logging all that as well as my usual posts here. But it's fun.

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    Gongrats @k80flec on a wonderful wedding. Never say never. I put my life on hold to raise two nephews, one my sister’s son and one my brother’s son. I think today I would have told them to be responsible and raise their own kids but as a child of God, it was what He wanted me to do. I like Sarah in the Bible who thought God would never provide her with a child (even though he did when she was very old), gave up on meeting someone and being married and resided to the fact that I would be single. But at age 46 I met my husband and married two years latert. Last week we celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary last week.
    @taxmom9093: I agree with everything Janet said. It is tough when you were so many hours but it is doable. You might try getting a computer stand for your desk that allows you to stand when you want and sit other times. I know my school secretaries feel the same thing and both got collapsible stands this year and they now spend most of the time standing. You burn more calories that way and it is healthier for you. I also gave my hubby a foot cycler or elliptical for below his desk so that he is moving his feet while he sits and works. I have an assistant who walks during her lunch break. She takes her water and a apple and gets out to walk a few minutes. I have not run for a while because of my home situation but I run my neighborhood before work now that the sun is up early. I am too beat by the time I put in 11 hours at work and coming home to two ill dogs and my aged dad of 94. I guess we find other methods. If you are in a building with stairs, or have a neighboring one,try stair climbs at lunch. We have the Cathedral of Learning on the U. Of Pittsburgh campus and many of my friends that work in that area run the stairs. Good luck whatever you do.
  • clepant
    Options
    May 10: Adding 11.75 miles today of running during 5, 15miute sessions of warm up tag with my kids, doing three Pacer tests with my 3-5 grade students and walking several miles.
    TTD:121.25 miles

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    05/08 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer (Giro d'Italia Cycling Challenge Stage 4)
    05/09 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer (Giro d'Italia Cycling Challenge Stage 5)
    05/10 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer (Giro d'Italia Cycling Challenge Stage 6)

Total: 208.0 miles

exercise.png

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Adding 14.48 miles for a girls' group bike ride.

exercise.png

• amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,337 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

@K80FLEC - Glad you liked the penguin! :) Hahaha...surprisingly, he resembles me the most ... as the young version of me though! :lol: Glad the wedding went well and your son found someone to be happy and in love with. Living with children of ASD can be quite challenging. Between my girlfriend and ex-wife, three of four kids were on the spectrum to varying degrees. The GF's son that still lives with us is the most severe and will likely be living with us through at least his mid-20's...we'll see. He has matured a great deal in the last two years so we remain hopeful. :smile:

And Karen's "Exercise is Medicine" challenge she's doing this month reminded me of this article I read. Certainly exercise goes well beyond being good for us in countless other ways besides improving cancer treatment outcomes.

yahulcmullk6.jpeg

Dave
    rI85m6.png
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    New ttd 42 miles
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    @DAve - nice article. The UNC Wellness Center describes it as "EIM is a collaboration by many top organizations in our field of exercise and health (ACSM, ACE, MFA) to promote exercise as a vital sign asked by and discussed with our primary care providers. " I know for me it's mental as well as physical therapy. I was just asked to go work in another clinic for a few weeks because they're severely short staffed and originally I said no, because they open too early and I told the administrator I was unwilling to give up my morning gym time, it's for my mental and physical health. Happily, the clinic was willing to accomodate me so I'm on temporary duty there starting next week. I know going in the mornings makes me happy, moving makes me happy.

Although I will admit when I see EIM, I think "Exercise is Money:" :wink:

Adding 1.8 miles

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    05/08 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer (Giro d'Italia Cycling Challenge Stage 4)
    05/09 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer (Giro d'Italia Cycling Challenge Stage 5)
    05/10 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer (Giro d'Italia Cycling Challenge Stage 6)
    05/11 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer (Giro d'Italia Cycling Challenge Stage 7)

Total: 232.0 miles

exercise.png

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,294 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    5/10 10.25 miles
    5/11 6.25 miles

As of 5/11 82.75 miles of 200 miles

exercise.png

• clepant
    Options
    May 11: Adding 13 miles today. I don’t know how I am getting my miles in but I guess it is the extra running with my kids this week. Happy weekend folks and Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there and to those who play both roles.
    TTD: 134.25 miles

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.