May 2018 Move Your @$$ Challenge

Options

Replies

• taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Finally able to get back here and update. Thank you Janet and everyone else for your wise words in response to my rant. I know I should give myself a break, I was just disappointed that the hike I had been looking forward to ended up being far less enjoyable than I planned.

The last few days have been a blur of getting my Mother in Law back to her house, driving back to our home the next day, doing all those little things that need to be done after being away for a week and getting ready to go back to work. I did have some time to get out and walk, honestly that took priority over turning the computer on a few times. :smile:

Added another 15.5 miles for a May total of 58.5 miles.

exercise.png
  • clp212
    clp212 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    5/14 - 3.6 miles

I’m behind but .., I started!
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    May 14: Adding 12.85 miles of walking and running today.
    TTD: 168.85 miles

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    3 from walking.

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,237 Member
    Options
    Starting the month with 29 miles.
    adding 29 miles for 29 out of 300.

Adding 7 miles for 36 out of 300.

Adding 32 miles for 68 out of 300.

Adding 10 miles for 79 out of 300.

Adding 7 miles for 86 out of 300.

Adding 11 miles for 97 out of 300.

Adding 13 miles for 110 out of 300.

Adding 15 miles for 125 out of 300

Adding 7 miles for 132 out of 300.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    84.64 miles so far

exercise.png

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,337 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

@KAR328 - I made a mental note of your extra lap so that you get full credit for doing it!! :wink:

@TAXMOM9093 - Glad to have you back! Even though we missed you, I agree that getting outdoors and moving trumps computer screen time. :drinker:

@CLP212 - There you go! Sometimes that first one is the hardest one...now keep it going! :+1:

Wow, did I ever have a morning...but four hours later and all is well now. Except for the year or two of my life that I lost over the stress anyway... :grimace: I just need to be a little more mindful with my keys before I get on the motorcycle in the morning. Combing 17 miles of roadway looking for them is NOT fun. :anguished:

Dave
    rI85m6.png
  • darkrider42
    edited May 2018
    Options
    What I should’ve done this morning.... B)

2gneeo5b9kkg.gif
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    5/15
    23.38 miles
    287.08 miles MTD
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    10th May
    5.41 miles walked

11th May
    5.8 miles walked

12th May
    4.59 miles walked

13th May
    5.73 miles walked

14th May
    4.15 miles walked

15th May
    4 miles walked

Total to date 90.65 miles
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    05/14 - 01.0 miles rest day walk (Giro d'Italia rest day)

Total: 278.0 miles

05/15 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    05/15 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer (Giro d'Italia Cycling Challenge Stage 10)

Total: 302.0 miles

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,237 Member
    Options
    Starting the month with 29 miles.
    adding 29 miles for 29 out of 300.

Adding 7 miles for 36 out of 300.

Adding 32 miles for 68 out of 300.

Adding 10 miles for 79 out of 300.

Adding 7 miles for 86 out of 300.

Adding 11 miles for 97 out of 300.

Adding 13 miles for 110 out of 300.

Adding 15 miles for 125 out of 300

Adding 7 miles for 132 out of 300.

Adding 37 miles for 169 out of 300.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Taco Tuesday bike ride for 19.01 miles!

exercise.png

• clepant
    edited May 2018
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

@KAR328 - I made a mental note of your extra lap so that you get full credit for doing it!! :wink:

@TAXMOM9093 - Glad to have you back! Even though we missed you, I agree that getting outdoors and moving trumps computer screen time. :drinker:

@CLP212 - There you go! Sometimes that first one is the hardest one...now keep it going! :+1:

Wow, did I ever have a morning...but four hours later and all is well now. Except for the year or two of my life that I lost over the stress anyway... :grimace: I just need to be a little more mindful with my keys before I get on the motorcycle in the morning. Combing 17 miles of roadway looking for them is NOT fun. :anguished:

Dave,
    I would laugh but I am sure it was not meant to be funny.
    And may I ask where you eventually found your keys?
    Don’t feel bad Dave, we all have days like this or at least I do. This week I drove to work three times and turned around to get something I forgot each time and finally realized on the third trip that I had no makeup on and had to come back home so my kids did not tell me that I did need to retire because I was looking really old....lol.

If you saw my mornings...get up and get my lame dog out to pee, go for a mile run around my neighborhood, come back feed the dogs, dump my dad’s urinal, put makeup on, take my meds, get my dad’s med’s out, mix up my concentrated tart cherry juice, gulp a half of grape fruit, get my dad’s breakfast set up, weigh my dad, take my vitamins, have my veggie fruit smoothie, go get dressed, take my lame dog out again, make my dad coffee, fill his water cup, fill his lemonade cup for the first part of the day, wrap his arm with an ace bandage to keep the swelling down, gulp down my airborne and turmeric, put on sterile gloves and give my other dog his chemo med, grab my iPad and iPod off the charger and it’s out the door. I am soooooo multi-tasking and it never fails that someone throws something else in the mix and screws it all up. And to think this istarts ever day at 5am every morning.
    And I most likely am waken by one of the dogs to go out because the chemo drug is messing one up or the other realizes that she hasn’t pooped or a thunderstorm forces me to put one in the basement.
  • clepant
    Options
    May 15: Today was my very last in-service meeting with my department. I did not have to go to the morning meeting and spent it in my room sorting and throwing more stuff. I sat at the afternoon meeting and purged my computer files for a couple hours. Only 22 days till I am done. My poor team mates sat at meetings and listened how they would become glorified teacher assistants next year mentoring kids for reading and math. I never thought the day would come where I would be using my two degrees on tutoring kids. So glad I will not be a part of it or the massive use of iPads that will be shoved into each kids hands from the time they wake up until the time they go to bed. It is so wrong in so many ways and medical statistics are proving it.

Adding 12.35 miles of walking, running and mowing grass for two hours
    TTD: 181.2 miles

exercise.png

• Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    11 May 3.6 miles
    12 May 6.15 miles
    13 May 7.82 miles
    14 May 2.2 miles
    15 May 4.7 miles
    16 May 5.72 miles

MTD 83.68 miles

• KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    5/7-5/15 = 25.05

exercise.png
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    @dave - thanks, I may need it lol. Usually we do two laps around the building or one after ever set but she started us out slowly. I didn't quite get to the point of cursing the architect just yet, but that'll come soon enough.

@clepant I think I'm logging calories burned for just reading how your morning starts out. Wow. I knew you were a warrior having read your posts for so long, but this just confirms it. I hope you enjoy yourself from now on.

3.4 miles on the treadmill this morning. Finished the video runs through the US National Parks and started the Germany runs. There's one there where you run past a guy on a bike. Makes me laugh every time and today I was walking at that point.

exercise.png

• darkrider42
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

This discussion has been closed.