Replies

• LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    June 22
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

@eevang I hope you had a great time on the cruise! It's tough to see the scale move up when you've been working hard to lose, but I'd count this week as a victory anyway. You kept yourself on track despite not having MFP and your own kitchen to prepare food in, and that's something to be proud of, I think.

@fe452436 Nice loss for the week! I hope that your physiotherapy helps and you get relief for your back.

@emmclean Fainting in public, on a train no less, sounds like the stuff of my nightmares. I'm glad your fellow commuters were helpful and good to you -- it's always so wonderful when our fellow people step up and show their kindness, especially in those stressful situations like high heat commutes! Congrats on staying on track (no pun intended) and achieving the big loss this week!
  • susanbenita
    susanbenita Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    June 22
    Exercise - yes 15k steps
    calories - yes
    tracked - yes
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Username: craigo3154
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: (62.5kg) 137.8
    Todays Weight: (62.3kg) 137.3

Unable to weigh in Wednesday as away all week. First chance was Saturday morning.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    June 23
    Exercised?: Yes. Drone track setup and take down (well over 10,000 steps).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Time trial in the drone racing today. Did as well in real life as in the simulator (which I am pleased with). No significant damage to model in any crash. Not my fastest on this track, but can see and feel the places for improvement.

Eating today was poor. Lack of time planning (too much to do). Still under budget.

Another competition tomorrow (and a special day).

Daily Strength challenge

"Challenge for June 23 is squats (no weight - air squat - http://www.12minuteathlete.com/how-to-do-a-proper-air-squat/).
    You can do assisted squats (using a table or bench top to take weight off the knees if it is too much)."

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 60% of the number you did in the first set (half, then another 10%), wait 2 mins
    • Third set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Happy weigh in day for: @Anita7164. @emmclean. @MoreThanMySize.
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    June 23
    Exercised?: No, but got in 16k steps
    Calories?: No

Hit Oxford Street today to go shopping with my mum for the mother of the bride dress, we found the whole outfit and she's going to look lovely, I'm so pleased! Took her for lunch before we started and had to ask for a doggy bag for half my food. I don't know if I've ever done that in my life, really feel in control of my eating these days.
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @LesIckaBod! I’ve been really good since getting back (I’m really glad it was easy to pick up where I left off) and think I’ll have a nice loss this coming week. Being able to prep my own food/choose from familiar local menus really does make the difference. I hated not knowing the calorie content of the cruise food. If I go on a cruise again, I’ll probably ask more questions before ordering. I found the menu to be more vague than the average dinner menu. One night I got a pile of rice with two spears of asparagus despite the menu listing only vegetables as the side.

@craigo3154 I’ll be out of town once more this week, but it should only push my weigh-in back to Tuesday (one day late).
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    June 23
    Calories: No
    Tracked: Yes

Spent a lot of time yesterday thoroughly cleaning bathrooms... another fun Saturday in adulthood! :smile: But I do greatly prefer coming home to a sparkling clean home after being on vacation, and we're going to be leaving on our roadtrip either Tuesday or Wednesday, so it needed to be done.

Eating was tough yesterday. We went out for breakfast and I don't know why, but it seems to me like I can't touch a restaurant meal without it reaching 500 calories. I need some lessons from @eevang and @emmclean! Ok, the latte definitely didn't help, but I absolutely savored it, since the little dudes have been in rare form (read, nearly killing each other) since school ended this week.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    June 24
    Exercised?: Yes. Drone track setup and take down (well over 10,000 steps).
    Calories?: Yes

Race day today. Did the best I have done to date. Ended up equal 3rd in my division which was a field of 17. Spent the rest of the day hanging out with the current Australian drone race champion (who is also current world ranked number 1).

Dinner with sister to celebrate my 50th birthday (which was today). Said it was a special day today yesterday :)

Still under budget even though favourite dinner, cake and favourite dessert (pavlova).

Back to Sydney tomorrow (early flight).

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for June 24 is sit-ups or crunches (abs day - be sure to use a mat or towel for cushioning - )

2 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)

The reason for only 2 sets for this exercise is that it ideally should be balanced with back strengthening exercises (which plank variants provide).
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    @craigo3154 Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great day, from the racing, the hanging out, to the dinner. Best wishes for your year!
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154

Great job landing yourself in the top 3!
    Glad you had a good day.
    Happy birthday! You have hit a milestone number and you did so all the while staying under your calories which is super!
    That's fantastic that you got to eat all of your favourite food and not go over your calories!
  • westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 Happy Birthday and fantastic for keeping within the calories!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Message for all team members:

@CrowChild.
    @brunchowl.
    @eevang.
    @LesIckaBod.
    @ruthiebryan2922.
    @susanbenita.
    @westray16.
    @aeloine.
    @inshapeCK.
    @alydanbeads.
    @fe452436.
    @emmclean.
    @MoreThanMySize.

This is the last week of the June Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the July Challenge challenge.

The July challenge thread is:
    TEAM: Gutbusters (July) ( https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10676896/team-gutbusters-july#latest )
    If you wish not to participate next month, please message the team captain or Ashley (@AB0215) or Craig ( @craigo3154. )

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
  • susanbenita
    susanbenita Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 Happy Birthday big 5-0! Sounds like you had a great day!

June 24
    Exercise - busy day at work 15k steps
    calories - yes
    tracked - yes
  • S_Tr_S
    S_Tr_S Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Username: CrowChild
    Weigh in week: June Week 5
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 177.0
    Today's Weight: 178.4

A bad week.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    LesIckaBod
    June Week 5
    Previous Weight: 194.9
    Today's Weight: 191.8

Was not expecting today's dramatic loss, but I won't complain!

For June 24
    Calories: No (bites of kid's leftover grilled cheese did me in!)
    Tracked: Yes, afterward
  • brunchowl
    brunchowl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    One of my worst months yet, but I can't beat myself up because I did very well with my eating, started exercising, and am getting closer to my goal. I started this challenge in October 2017 at 235 so I've come a long way!

Username: brunchowl
    Weigh in week: Week 5
    Weigh in day: monday
    Previous Week's Weight: 167.4
    Todays Weight: 167.8
  • ruthiebryan2922
    ruthiebryan2922 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ruthiebryan2922
    June week 5
    Previous week: 252
    Today’s weight: 251
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thanks @craigo3154. Right now I am doing some normal movement within the house.Phisio therapy will start soon.Doctor wrote for one month for now.
    Eating less overall but included bone broth in diet.My parents came to see me at my place.I am feeling better.
  • westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    @LesIckaBod
    Well done on this week's weight loss. Brilliant!
This discussion has been closed.