191011121315»

Replies

• westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Friday 29 June
    Exercise Yes 18k steps
    Tracking yes
    Calories no . Over by about 400. Daughter's birthday and the wine and tapas on evening were my downfall!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    westray16 wrote: »
    Friday 29 June
    Exercise Yes 18k steps
    Tracking yes
    Calories no . Over by about 400. Daughter's birthday and the wine and tapas on evening were my downfall!

@westray16. Enjoy the celebrations. This is what life is for.

With 18k steps you have earned extras.

Hope it was a great day.
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Username: emmclean
    Weigh in week: Week 5
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Week's Weight: 184.8
    Todays Weight: 185.6

Just a normal fluctuation I think, I've been sitting at 185-186 all week, eating under my calories and drinking plenty of water so the 184.8 last week was possibly less than accurate!

Got myself back in the gym yesterday and did a mix of free weights and cardio, really feeling it today, I'm stiff as a board! That's what happens when you take two weeks off...
  • craigo3154
    Options
    June 30
    Exercised?: Yes. 9.5km walking in 75 mins (Hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Sporadic rain in the morning so quad flying cancelled for the day. Went walking in the afternoon. Chose the most difficult tracks for the 9+km.

Better weather expected tomorrow, so plan to quad fly tomorrow.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for June 30 is lunges ()

3 sets
    • First set 10 or 15 each leg (if 10 is too easy continue to 15).
    • Second set 6 or 9 each leg.
    • Third set 5 or 8 each leg.
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

Thanks @craigo3154 for your detailed response.

In my case I never eat junk food or eat from outside.Never drink, eat pork, don’t drink soda
    (easily avoid it),Don’t eat bakery stuff from outside(refined carbs).Stopped making sweet dishes at home.Make cake but once or twice in 6 months.Make pasta once in a month.Strictly checking over the intake of rice.Stopped making dishes that have to be served with rice.But eat or end up eating rice two to three times in a month.When I go grocery, in the end I throw all sweet things except one box of chocolate cup cakes without any icing,Sometimes some ice cream or a packet of chocolates or cookies to have it with tea.

When I got married 5 years ago and came to US,I was 170 lbs.And it went up to 198 lbs.I had been eating pasta,rice,roti (made from wheat) along with oily curry of meat and vegetables(our major food),potatos
    ( not fried),cup cakes without frosting and ice cream especially during these 5 years or all my life.

Now you have the complete picture of what I eat.
    I am sacrificing pasta, rice but as you always say eat in moderation thus I am eating rotis. Oil is also culprit in my case.I have reduced its intake to half.If I don’t eat carb(roti) or meat,it turns out to be dangerous as after two weeks I eat a lot that all weight lost comes back.
    I have learnt from joining this group that:
    Calorie counting (Calories in is equal to calories out )
    Tracking is necessary
    Each day is a new day (we must continue to check and don’t stop as pounds come back )

Also you asked about any medical reason may be interfering.I had gestational diabetes two times.And it is on borderline now.Also I am taking anti depressants for 15-20 years.
    (The first medicine had side effect and it made me fat like from 125-130 lbs to 145 lbs right away after one month use.Then the doctor changed the medicine )And then over years I developed the habit of overeating carbohydrates but gradually.I remained on 145 and160 and later 170 for a long time.
    You have told about guessing the right estimates of food .I will ensure that.Also will make soups as you usually recommend but definitely make pavlovas too.

I am not losing much weight as I am conscious and keen to lose.With above picture, should I stop eating carbs altogether or what changes further I need to implement to see change in the next month.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    July 1
    Exercised?: Yes. Drone racing - over 10,000 steps.
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Good flying. Skills are still improving. Unfortunately one craft now out of action, but I have others that are still flyable.

Interstate again tomorrow morning.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for July 01 is plank. (standard, forearm or knee) (https://greatist.com/fitness/perfect-plank)

2 sets
    • First set 30 seconds if new to them, 60 seconds if a regular, 90 seconds if can regularly make 60 seconds. , wait 2
    • Second set 15 seconds, 30 seconds or 60 seconds
  • westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    westray16 wrote: »
    Friday 29 June
    Exercise Yes 18k steps
    Tracking yes

@westray16. Enjoy the celebrations. This is what life is for.

With 18k steps you have earned extras.

Hope it was a great day.

Thanks @craigo3154
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.