Options
    July 22 Sleep (phone):
    Bedtime 1:35
    Awake: 9:17
    In Bed 7:42
    Asleep 7:09
    Yay!

July 23 Sleep (phone):
    Bedtime 12:51 (I worked to do this! LOL)
    Woke up: 9:00
    In Bed 8:08
    Asleep 7:17 (used mask & then relaxation tape to get about 45 mins more...after waking up too early.

I woke up feeling great.

Tonight: lights out/phone down by at least 12:30, hopefully midnight.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Doing great @MadisonMolly2017
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,109 Member
    Options
    Thank you @prgirl39mfp
    I think increasing my step count really helped this. Helps me worry less.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    5:15
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    7hr 17min
    1hr 6min awake.

I seem to get an adequate number of hours of sleep, but I seriously never wake up feeling refreshed. UGH.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I took a break from this challenge. I have taken off my tracker at night because I felt it was making me too obsessive about the numbers. Does that make sense? I make a mental note of what time I roll over to sleep and what I time I rise. The good news is that I am getting about 7 hours now. I think removing the tracker and not worrying what it might or might now indicate was a good idea for me.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,974 Member
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    I took a break from this challenge. I have taken off my tracker at night because I felt it was making me too obsessive about the numbers. Does that make sense? I make a mental note of what time I roll over to sleep and what I time I rise. The good news is that I am getting about 7 hours now. I think removing the tracker and not worrying what it might or might now indicate was a good idea for me.

I haven't been keeping track much lately simply because I'm dealing with jet-lag and the heat, so I found the numbers too depressing. I'm still trying to use good practices. The read out is just the way to keep you informed, but if tracking stresses you, that sounds counter-productive.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Great idea @PinkyPan1 I think I am doing the same.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Yep, that’s why I switched to phone, not the watch (and the fact that REM can only be obtained by measuring brain waves!)

I’m focusing on my bedtime at the moment!!

Eve of July 24
    Bedtime: 1:01 AM (thought it was going to be 12:30 — got lost on phone again)
    Woke up: 8:12
    In bed: 7:11
    Asleep: 6:43
    It says I took 10mins to fall asleep but I think it was 30 mins. (Ate my 1/2 oz dark choc too late!)
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    5hrs
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »

I haven't been keeping track much lately simply because I'm dealing with jet-lag and the heat, so I found the numbers too depressing. I'm still trying to use good practices. The read out is just the way to keep you informed, but if tracking stresses you, that sounds counter-productive.

I couldn't agree more, @77tes! The sleep tracking data is meant to guide, inform, and help us. If it stresses you or has some other negative feeling, let it go and move on. At that point the data becomes counterproductive to getting more sleep. Most of us need more sleep and less data in our lives. I'm focusing on the broad strokes of when I go to bed and having a relaxing pre-bedtime routine.
  • themedalist
    Options
    Yep, that’s why I switched to phone, not the watch (and the fact that REM can only be obtained by measuring brain waves!)

Eve of July 24
    It says I took 10mins to fall asleep but I think it was 30 mins. (Ate my 1/2 oz dark choc too late!)

I can so relate to you, @MadisonMolly2017! I KNOW a reasonable bedtime is my key to getting more sleep as well, but dang...there are so many interesting time grabbers! It doesn't help either that I don't get home from work typically until 7pm.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options

Eve of July 24

I can so relate to you, @MadisonMolly2017! I KNOW a reasonable bedtime is my key to getting more sleep as well, but dang...there are so many interesting time grabbers! It doesn't help either that I don't get home from work typically until 7pm.

Yes, exactly @themedalist
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Been reading these...I think the the sleep tracking is interesting. I like to look at my deep sleep, but don't seem to get enough, IMO. I should be going to bed earlier, not getting wrapped up in MFP forums. :)
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm back under a different username! Lol. Ever since I got my fitness tracker a few weeks ago I've been tracking it. Most nights I get between 7 and 8 which is perfect for me. I can usually get up when I want if I get that much.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    7h 35 min

Slept from 11:00 - 8:15 with 1h 35 min awake

Tossed and turned a lot with hot flashes
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    10hrs 26min...lol. I got up at about 1130. Lol
  • themedalist
    Options
    Hello! I'm back under a different username! Lol. Ever since I got my fitness tracker a few weeks ago I've been tracking it. Most nights I get between 7 and 8 which is perfect for me. I can usually get up when I want if I get that much.

We are glad you are back, @HEGoddard0928!
  • themedalist
    Options
    From National Geographic. A fascinating read on what happens when we sleep:

When We Sleep, Our Mind Goes On an Amazing Journey
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2018/08/science-of-sleep/
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Been reading these...I think the the sleep tracking is interesting. I like to look at my deep sleep, but don't seem to get enough, IMO. I should be going to bed earlier, not getting wrapped up in MFP forums. :)

Same here, @RetiredAndLovingIt

And now I have proof...last night, put my phone way away from me & had no WiFi. Cozied up with a book. Quickly felt drowsy... slept 10:02 hours.

I must read more books & get on my phone less. I’m going to look into apps that “lock you out” of your phone. I’m thinking 9:30 PM until 8:30 AM.