6 hrs 40 mins and awake 59 minutes.
    REM 1 hr 30 min
    Light sleep 4 hrs 40 min
    Deep sleep 30
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,117 Member
    Options
    June 27
    Well I revised my times last night to 12:55 phone down & had lights out 12:57! A victory for me.

Sleep Quality: 72% (tied for highest one other night)
    7h31m
    6hr 20m
    Asleep in 9 min (fastest yet, but funnily felt the slowest lol)
    Awake 15%
    REM 20% (2nd highest in 9 days)
    Light 38%
    Deep 27%

9 day avg increased (slightly)
    Sleep: 6 hr 7 min. Sleep Quality: 65%

In case this helps anyone else:
    I woke at 7, and closed windows (birds), put on eye mask, and put on a guided visualization & passed right out for over an hour more.
    Looks like 20 minutes of that was a solid REM block!!!

We can do this!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017, you’ve hit on something that I’ve discovered too. Don’t discount going back to sleep if you wake up earlier than ideal in the morning. Im now nudging myself to go back to sleep (by trying not to become fully awake) and it makes a difference. That extra hour of sleep/rest really helps.

We can indeed do this!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,978 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017, you’ve hit on something that I’ve discovered too. Don’t discount going back to sleep if you wake up earlier than ideal in the morning. Im now nudging myself to go back to sleep (by trying not to become fully awake) and it makes a difference. That extra hour of sleep/rest really helps.

We can indeed do this!

I agree! Sometimes my best sleep is after 5a.m..

7 hours 20 minutes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    I love how we help each other with this! Thanks Ladies!!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    5 hr 46 min and 36 min awake

REM 1 hr 43 min
    Light sleep 3 hr 6 min
    Deep sleep 57 min
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    @themedalist and @MadisonMolly It is a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

7:45 for me
    47 min deep
    5:03 light
    1:55 REM
    3 min awake
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    June 28
    Sleep quality: 68%
    7h2m in bed
    6h20m asleep
    15/20/38/27 A/REM/L/D
    Bedtime: 1:26 AM (31 mins late)
    Will hit 12:55 or earlier tonight.
    I’ve *always* fought going to bed earlier, ever since I was a kid & that was when I got to see my late owl Dad!
  • themedalist
    Options
    5 hours 57 minutes last night. But I’m leaving on my weekend trip this morning so I’m sure the excitement and last minute details impacted my sleep. I’m resolving that this next week I will be in bed earlier!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    4bjppiwndp4w.png
    Went to bed, slept, woke up, slept.. and so on.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Have a great trip @themedalist.
  • themedalist
    Options
    Have a great trip @themedalist.

Thanks!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    6 hr 19 min awake 1 hr
    REM 1 hr 44 min
    Light sleep 3 hr 38 min
    Deep sleep 57 min
  • 77tes
    Options
    6 hours and 24 minutes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    June 29
    Sleep quality: 62%
    6h54m in bed
    5hr 20m asleep
    23/14/34/28 A/REM/L/D

Avg so far:
    6hr4mins asleep Sleep Quality=65%
  • 77tes
    Options
    7 hours and 31 minutes.

@MadisonMolly your averages got me curious, so I checked mine out. December and January I pretty much averaged 8 hours. That figures - vacation, cool weather, and more darkness. Still, my average for this week is 7 hours and 13 minutes.

For another challenge I had to research 5 articles about a health-related topic, and I chose sleep. I think I swiped a few that @themedalist shared, but some are new. Enjoy.

I investigated the topic of Sleep and how it is related to health. I have been working on getting better sleep as a goal for my summer, so these articles were very helpful.
    The first thing I picked up is that sleep is vital for your whole body. Brain, hormones, and immune system are all affected if you don’t get good sleep. Believe it or not, being well rested will mean that your flu vaccine will give your better immunity – who would have guessed. I also read about Jet Lag because that will be a major interrupter to my summer of sleep since I’m planning a trip to Europe this summer. Guess what, you should take a day flight. Too bad, my tickets are for the red eye. Then I also read about REM sleep, and how vital the sleep cycles are which is why Sleep Apnea is so bad. That led me to the Sleep Apnea article. I sure hope I don’t have it, but my husband might. It is definitely bad. I worry that I don’t get enough REM sleep since I never dream (or never remember my dreams). The final article, which is pretty scientific and goes into the anatomy of the brain as well as the sleep cycles, assures me that I indeed do dream.

https://newsinhealth.nih.gov/2013/04/benefits-slumber
    https://newsinhealth.nih.gov/2017/07/struggling-sleep
    https://www.travelandleisure.com/airlines-airports/common-jet-lag-myths?XID=time-health-hub
    http://time.com/4970767/rem-sleep-dreams-health/
    https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/Patient-Caregiver-Education/Understanding-Sleep
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @77tes
    WOW! Thank you for these articles!!

What motivated me to work on this is our bodies replicate our RNA during SLEEP & then build our proteins (from consumed amino acids) and our new cells during the day. If we don’t sleep enough that inhibits optimal repair of cells and the things I mentioned above.

Please also remember that these sleep trackers are known to be inaccurate, so I don’t stress too much of a number seems low, ie my REM numbers. LOL

It’s CLEAR to me from only about 2 weeks of tracking that I MUST go to sleep earlier. Will be solely focusing on my bedtime this week! I’m going to have to post to MFP only in the morning/daytime.

Thanks again!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    I read all of your articles & feel much better!
    Looks like we dream in all stages of sleep!

Here’s one for you @77tes:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2929498/#!po=25.9091
  • 77tes
    Options
    @MadisonMolly , thanks for the great article. I'll spend some time on it tomorrow when I have time. I haven't read up on the RNA connection yet, so I'm looking forward to this.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    6 hr 54 min
    1 hr 3 minutes awake/restless

Battery is low in my FitBit so didn't get anymore details than that!