Weekly Weigh In - Fast Diet / 5:2

Options

Replies

• lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Okay so I know this is fairly pathetic, but one of my friends has moved to Qatar for a year or 2 and has teamed up with a PE teacher and is going crazy on the protein and workouts, aiming to be super toned when she comes back for christmas. This girl is already absolutely stunning, so this motivation of hers has really given me a push up the bum and now I'm determined!

So, I'm going to focus on only eating food that will benefit my body. Lonypony's suggestion website is amazing btw - http://www.lavenderandlovage.com/category/posts/general/5-2-diet

Avoid chocolate and sugary crap unless I really need it and drink loads of water and herbal teas.
    On the workout side I'm going to ensure I walk everyday, even if only for 20 minutes. Plus weight training, yoga and running. Hopefully I can get down to just overweight on the BMI scale by 2014, but I'm going to focus on measurements as well as hopefully I'll be gaining some muscle and slimming down :)
  • greenbirdsings
    greenbirdsings Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Okay so I know this is fairly pathetic, but one of my friends has moved to Qatar for a year or 2 and has teamed up with a PE teacher and is going crazy on the protein and workouts, aiming to be super toned when she comes back for christmas. This girl is already absolutely stunning, so this motivation of hers has really given me a push up the bum and now I'm determined!

So, I'm going to focus on only eating food that will benefit my body. Lonypony's suggestion website is amazing btw - http://www.lavenderandlovage.com/category/posts/general/5-2-diet

Avoid chocolate and sugary crap unless I really need it and drink loads of water and herbal teas.
    On the workout side I'm going to ensure I walk everyday, even if only for 20 minutes. Plus weight training, yoga and running. Hopefully I can get down to just overweight on the BMI scale by 2014, but I'm going to focus on measurements as well as hopefully I'll be gaining some muscle and slimming down :)

Thats not pathetic at all, thats a great approach. I'm obviously still a work in progress but when I first started losing weight it kinda just happened without me realizing it ( this is before I started dieting, counting calories, or even working out). I know it happened because I just stopped eating processed foods. I got a new job at a law firm that lays out food for clients daily, chips, nuts, candy, chocolate, fresh baked cookies, you name it. Being surrounded by this stuff daily made me stop craving it so I just stopped eating it even at home. I didn't think much of it but when my clothes started to fit me lose, thats when I took an active approach.
  • littlegem65
    littlegem65 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Things are going very well for me. I am now at 193 lbs. Ahead of my goal. I attribute it to keeping under my TDEE, logging my food faithfully and making sure that I exercise M - F for an hour. Looking forward to the next few pounds gone!
  • lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Well a loss for me this week.

Goal 13kg to lose - 11ish kg to go (to 75kg)
    This Week - Loss 700 grams
    Loss to date - 3 kg
    BMI at start 30 - Today 27.5
  • tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Back on track with a fast today after 2 weeks holiday in France. I managed one fast day during the holiday, pathetic i know! Too much bread, red wine and cheese :tongue: Amazingly i've only put on 2lbs, must be all the walking we did!
    The only silly thing i did was go out for a big Sunday lunch yesterday so i haven't eaten since 1.30pm yesterday afternoon, feeling it now!!
  • CynthiaEvans
    CynthiaEvans Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Littlegem65 that is great! All of what you are doing adds up and equals pounds gone!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have lost another 2lbs this week !
  • lizz2013
    Options
    I'm so proud of you all! You're really inspiring and helping me to keep going.
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I've been sick with asthma flare after respiratory virus so have not been on MFP at all for awhile. Gradually feeling better so checking in. I'll weigh in the morning and see where I am. Good luck to everyone with your goals!
  • luvsunshine1
    Options
    Fri 7/5 Wt = 217.4
    Fri 7/12 Wt= 213.6 (lost 3.8 lbs)
    Fri 7/19 Wt= 216 (gained 2.4 lbs)
    Fri 7/26 Wt= 214.2 (lost 1.8 lbs)
    Fri 8/2 Wt= 216.8 (gained 2.6 lbs)
    Fri 8/9 Wt= 214.2 (lost 2.6 lbs)
    Fri 8/16 Wt= 211.6 (lost 2.6 lbs)
    Fri 8/30 Wt = 212.0 (gained 0.4lbs)
    Fri 9/6 Wt= 214.6 (gained 2.4 lbs)
    Fri 9/21 Wt= 213 (lost 1.6 lbs)
  • lizz2013
    Options
    It always gets to this point and gradually people start disappearing and stop commenting. Stay with me people! We can do this! x
  • luvsunshine1
    Options
    Fri 7/5 Wt = 217.4
    Fri 7/12 Wt= 213.6 (lost 3.8 lbs)
    Fri 7/19 Wt= 216 (gained 2.4 lbs)
    Fri 7/26 Wt= 214.2 (lost 1.8 lbs)
    Fri 8/2 Wt= 216.8 (gained 2.6 lbs)
    Fri 8/9 Wt= 214.2 (lost 2.6 lbs)
    Fri 8/16 Wt= 211.6 (lost 2.6 lbs)
    Fri 8/30 Wt = 212.0 (gained 0.4lbs)
    Fri 9/6 Wt= 214.6 (gained 2.4 lbs)
    Fri 9/21 Wt= 213 (lost 1.6 lbs)
    Fri 9/27 Wt= 214 (gained 1 lb)

Today's my first day back on 5:2 since being sick for a couple of weeks and so glad to finally get back to eating better.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    well done for maintaining that loss :) even though you were ill! that is very impressive. glad you are better now! and best of luck with it!

I forgot to add my weigh in from Thursday. Lost 4lbs, but I'd gained weight, so I don't think I've lost anything since I started this challenge, but I'll get there eventually :)
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Running total lost since challenge start:
    7th Aug - 9.1 lbs lost
    17th Aug - 9.8lbs lost
    10th Sept - 6.1lbs lost
    22nd Sept - 2.8lbs lost
    29th Sept - 7lbs lost

So in total over the challenge I've gained 2lbs, but I haven't been fasting as often or as well as the plan outlines, so I'm only relieved it isn't more. Here's hoping I will show a better loss by the end of the challenge, at the end of October! I've got about 4.5 weeks to go! Aiming for at least another 7lbs lost, totaling 1 stone since my highest ever weight :)

Actually, scratch that! If I lose another half a stone I'll be so close to onederland....so that is what I am aiming for!

8.5lbs til Onederland!!!!
  • littlegem65
    Options
    Oct 2 -- 187 lbs… I am ahead of my goal weight! :happy:
  • lizz2013
    Options
    So proud of you and all your hard work and dedication :)
  • 123janea
    123janea Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I completed my first fast day yesterday. It has been nice to read the comments and see the progress all of you have been making. Great job!!
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Hi 123janea! Let us know how you get on :)
    My weight loss has been very slow but I'm seeing changes on the inches front and I just need to focus more on eating clean during my non fast days.

Progress so far.

7th Aug - 9.1 lbs lost
    17th Aug - 9.8lbs lost
    10th Sept - 6.1lbs lost
    22nd Sept - 2.8lbs lost
    29th Sept - 7lbs lost
    12th Oct - 7.6lbs lost.

So that is a 1.5lb gain in total but I've lost a few inches so not feeling too bad about that. I'm sure the weight will come off eventually!
  • littlegem65
    Options
    CW: 185
    GW: I can't remember what we said was the end date…but I hope to be at 180 by Nov. 2nd

Things are going well with 5:2. This week, I reached the 40 pounds loss mark! So…I am halfway to goal!!!! :blushing:
  • luvsunshine1
    Options
    Hi guys,

I just wanted to update you to let you know I didn't just disappear. I have decided that I can't handle the fast days. I do well but my brain doesn't seem to like it too much. I just get to where I can't think clearly enough, etc so I am going back to just trying to eat healthy and limit daily calories. The 5:2 trial seems to have kickstarted me though so we'll see how it goes. Hang in there everyone and good luck.