TEAM: Gutbusters (August)

Options
1151617181921»

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    metubal wrote: »
    I was out of town for a total of 28 hours and somehow (!) I ended up with a BigMac and fries on the way home from the airport tonight:( I took my son to his cardiologist, these hospital visits are very stressful. I thought i was not into stress eating anymore but clearly i have to still work on that. First junk food in 6 months:( Well, tomorrow is a new day but I'm curious if I'll still reach my goal of 161lbs on 8/31. Sigh...

@metubal. It happens. As you said, "tomorrow is a new day".

One big-mac and fries will not prevent you from making a weight goal. 3500 kCal per lb of fat and a big-mac and fries are WAY less than that (about 540 kCal for the mac + 340 kcal for the fries). So less than 1/4 of a pound at worst (if you ate it as an EXTRA instead of as a meal replacement).

Oddly enough, after so long, I've found "junk food" not as flavoursome as real food. I also feel the after-effect (which I do not like). So consequently, for me, it is easy to "pass" and wait for real food.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    August 29
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 3km in 23 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Worked from home again today. Feeling like I am fighting off the cold that my wife is finally shaking off. Very sluggish today.

Put an entry in for FPV Nationals in November. If I get accepted, it will probably be just to make up numbers as I am far from what seems to be nationals standard. Nationals being in Perth in November may be struggling to get pilots because of distance and expense.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for August 29 is side lunges ()

3 sets
    • First set 10 or 15 each leg (if 10 is too easy continue to 15).
    • Second set 6 or 9 each leg.
    • Third set 5 or 8 each leg.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    Username: inshapeCK
    Weigh in week: Week 5
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 145.7 pounds
    Todays Weight: 144.7 pounds

Woohoo! Lost 1 pound since last week!
    Haven't seen 144.7 pounds on the scale in years! :)
    3 days ago I had gone up to 149.1 pounds so I had to get myself back on track.
    Managed to get 4.4 pounds off in 3 days!
    The body has a mind of it's own when it comes to weight gain and weight loss but this time it was in my favour! YAY!
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    User name: grebber1
    Weigh in week: 5
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous weeks weight: 363.8
    Today's weight: 362

I didn't exactly burn it up this last week. Kinda sucks that I wanted to end this, month's challenge with a bang and didn't. But hey I'm happy for a loss and did pretty well over all this month.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    grebber1 wrote: »
    User name: grebber1
    Weigh in week: 5
    Previous weeks weight: 363.8
    Today's weight: 362

I didn't exactly burn it up this last week. Kinda sucks that I wanted to end this, month's challenge with a bang and didn't. But hey I'm happy for a loss and did pretty well over all this month.

@grebber1. 23 lbs lost in the month - 5.97% down. You have had an incredible month, and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

"pretty well" is a massive understatement.

Well done.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    August 30
    Exercised?: Yes. 20+ minutes of bodyweight exercises.

Worked from home again today. Still a bit off. Cold weather, so did bodyweight instead of walking.

On a day when I do not walk and I elect to do bodyweight exercises, I do not post until I have done them so I am sure I do not "blow them off". :)

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for August 30 is side planks. ()

2 sets
    • First set 15s, 30s each side, wait 2 mins
    • Second set 15s, 30s each side.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    I'm just putting this out here publicly that I'll be willing to help, unless there's someone else who's already responded privately. Not sure I'm the best motivator, but Sept is going to be a hefty work month for me, and I think maybe I personally could use the external motivation of helping ya'll to come back here and keep logging in for myself.

Either way, I hope to see everyone keep going for September!!
    @LesIckaBod I used to think that I wasn't the best motivator either, but I did it because there was a need. What I found out is that helping others really helps me too. I find that when I'm committed to coming here everyday, I might as well take the extra couple mins and log my food and activities and really it keeps me on track in that way, I tend to keep the pressure on myself to do the best I can. I hope you find that it helps you, and you'll do great. And remember, both Craig and myself are here to help you when you need it.
    Thank you for stepping up to help, it's really appreciated!!
  • caitlynns727
    caitlynns727 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Username: caitlynns727
    Week: 5
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 178.4
    Current Weight: 177.9
  • craigo3154
    Options
    August 31
    Exercised?: Yes. 3km in 24 mins (hills).

So proud of my wife today. When she weighed herself this morning, she had dropped under 100kg (220 lbs) for the first time since high school. Also, her blood sugar readings are continuing to be excellent (despite fighting off a cold).

Worked from home again today.

Got walk in right on dusk. Was starting to drizzle when I made it home.

Tonight, decided to finally fix one of my broken race drones. This one had been out of commission for months (motor seized up, but I also needed to put lights on it for night flying). Had all the parts, just had not got round to it. Grossly underestimated how long it would take. Started at 8:30pm, finished at 2:00am (would not stop till it was finished).

Only one more broken one to fix (motor broke off in a crash a couple months ago), then entire fleet of 5 will be flyable. Have parts for it too. Job for a rainy day.

Sleep time now.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for August 31 is push ups

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 60% of the number you did in the first set (half, then another 10%), wait 2 mins
    • Third set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    @LesIckaBod I used to think that I wasn't the best motivator either, but I did it because there was a need. What I found out is that helping others really helps me too. I find that when I'm committed to coming here everyday, I might as well take the extra couple mins and log my food and activities and really it keeps me on track in that way, I tend to keep the pressure on myself to do the best I can. I hope you find that it helps you, and you'll do great. And remember, both Craig and myself are here to help you when you need it.
    Thank you for stepping up to help, it's really appreciated!!

@AB0215 Thanks for the kind words, and the offer of help! Here we go!! :smile:

• WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 hey :) my week 5 was missed in the chat somewhere along the way so I’m reposting it

Username: WishfulThinning18
    Weigh in week: August Week 5
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 312.8
    Todays Weight: 310.8
  • cjscoey
    cjscoey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Username: cjscoey
    Previous Weight: 173.4
    Todays Weight: 173.6

Sorry folks down for the count with a really bad sinus infection, will do better next week!
  • craigo3154
    Options
    cjscoey wrote: »
    Username: cjscoey
    Previous Weight: 173.4
    Todays Weight: 173.6

Sorry folks down for the count with a really bad sinus infection, will do better next week!

@cjscoey. That is fine. Take care of yourself. Weight loss/management is a long term effort.

Hope you are over the sinus infection soon.
  • cjscoey
    cjscoey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 Thank you!
  • ShareASmile
    ShareASmile Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Username: ShareASmile
    Previous Weight: 159.2
    Todays Weight: 158.6
    It's been a rough week because I now have stress fractures in my right foot. Will be rough losing without exercise but am trying to stay motivated for September.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    September 1
    Exercised?: Yes. 4.2km in 50 mins (mostly flat).

Got to go for a walk with my wife today. Slower than my normal pace (by a lot), but got us both out for a while.

Test flew re-built drone. Flies better than ever (more powerful motors). Rebuilt the last remaining one tonight (it is a MUCH tighter build). Will get to test fly it tomorrow. (Why so many race drones - current count 5 - main reason is backups for racing (break one on a race day and you are not out for the rest of the day)).

Fathers day here in Australia tomorrow. Planned to go out for lunch (with meatza and pavlova for dinner). Unfortunately my Father is not at home tomorrow, so cannot visit, but will call.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for September 01 is plank. (standard, forearm or knee) (https://greatist.com/fitness/perfect-plank)

2 sets
    • First set 30 seconds if new to them, 60 seconds if a regular, 90 seconds if can regularly make 60 seconds. , wait 2
    • Second set 15 seconds, 30 seconds or 60 seconds
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.