The Projects Page

Options

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Project Tackle Photographs
    Weeks 1-7✅ 8/13-9/30

I am going to take this new habit off-line fir myself. It’s definitely part of my days now! Thank you!

I find the “15 minutes” a day keeps big projects moving... it also keeps me on top of my “to do” list... sorting it by highest, high, medium, and low has Really helped. I focus on the “Highest” with great discipline.
    I made progress on both of the highest (and a third new item that became a Highest) today. All three will be done by the end of September, if not earlier!

You are amazing and so inspiring, @MadisonMolly2017. I think you should team up with Marie Kondo and collaborate on a book: “Madison Molly and Marie Manage Your Mess!” :)
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Haven’t really made much progress on my project, a series of thank you letters. As I’ve think I’ve mentioned, I recently started a new job which is going great, but I now have, with the commute, 11 hour days on Tues-Wed-Thurs so that I can work a half day at home on Mondays and Friday. I would like to be more present here and comment mid week, but sitting in front of a computer all day makes me want to do anything but computers once I get home. Thanks for understanding. I love reading all your posts on all the various threads and I’m so proud of our group of habit makers and action takers!

I know I will work on my letters as time permits. I’m not gonna stress about it. I did have a wonderful catch-up phone call last night with an old friend who was the one who got me started in long distance walking, introduced me to meditation, the guitar, and has imprinted on my life in so many positive ways. I told him how he had changed my life and how much I valued our friendship. Though it’s not a letter, words work too. :)

So I guess I have made some progress, huh?
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,844 Member
    Options
    @themedalist , your schedule sounds a bit like mine, but I only have 2 of those long days. That is tough. And getting off the computer is important to your health.

And for my big reveal:

Birthday skirt #2 is complete!!
    ap2d1jjmoipv.jpg

And here is a close-up of the applique on the pocket:
    7ye0i84ffv1t.jpg

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    @themedalist , your schedule sounds a bit like mine, but I only have 2 of those long days. That is tough. And getting off the computer is important to your health.

And for my big reveal:

ap2d1jjmoipv.jpg

7ye0i84ffv1t.jpg

Just beautiful!! 🎉
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Haven’t really made much progress on my project, a series of thank you letters. As I’ve think I’ve mentioned, I recently started a new job which is going great, but I now have, with the commute, 11 hour days on Tues-Wed-Thurs so that I can work a half day at home on Mondays and Friday. I would like to be more present here and comment mid week, but sitting in front of a computer all day makes me want to do anything but computers once I get home. Thanks for understanding. I love reading all your posts on all the various threads and I’m so proud of our group of habit makers and action takers!

I know I will work on my letters as time permits. I’m not gonna stress about it. I did have a wonderful catch-up phone call last night with an old friend who was the one who got me started in long distance walking, introduced me to meditation, the guitar, and has imprinted on my life in so many positive ways. I told him how he had changed my life and how much I valued our friendship. Though it’s not a letter, words work too. :)

@themedalist
    Sounds even better than a letter. Your recounting made me smile & feel warm. I’m glad you have such a wonderful friend!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Project Tackle Photographs
    Weeks 1-7✅ 8/13-9/30

I am going to take this new habit off-line fir myself. It’s definitely part of my days now! Thank you!

I find the “15 minutes” a day keeps big projects moving... it also keeps me on top of my “to do” list... sorting it by highest, high, medium, and low has Really helped. I focus on the “Highest” with great discipline.
    I made progress on both of the highest (and a third new item that became a Highest) today. All three will be done by the end of September, if not earlier!

You are amazing and so inspiring, @MadisonMolly2017. I think you should team up with Marie Kondo and collaborate on a book: “Madison Molly and Marie Manage Your Mess!” :)

@themedalist
    You are too kind! I am thrilled that I’m getting things done! And it’s bringing hubby & I even closer as we get rid of old things & organize/prioritize financial tasks.

Lowering our stress is my main motivator!

I’ll have to call Marie!!! Hahaha

On the good news front, my dad said he would take me up on my offer to assist him with all his papers!!! He even downloaded the Kondo book & started reading it! I think it will be really filing to hang out and chat, while making his life better! 💞
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

Schedules like that can be very stressful, and I completely understand not wanting to hop on a computer at the end of the day. I'm like that a lot even on days I didn't put in long hours. Lately I have been struggling to log onto the computer at all... Sometimes we all just need a break, and just being in the present is the best!!!

I'll bet you made your friend's whole day! Heck, maybe his whole week! Hearing the sincerity in your voice was probably worth a million bucks.

xoxo
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

And for my big reveal:

ap2d1jjmoipv.jpg

7ye0i84ffv1t.jpg

This is so pretty!!! I love the colors and the theme! She will LOVE it!
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    3rd attempt to reply...grrrr!!!
    @77tes I love the skirt, especially the owl that has so much detail. Thanks for sharing!
    @themedalist You will get those letters written soon enough. I'm sure the phone call put a smile on your friend's face all day long.
  • 77tes
    Options
    @gojolida , here is the projects page.
  • gojolida
    gojolida Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    @gojolida , here is the projects page.

thanks so much, @77tes ! looks like people haven't been posting here too much - how do you use this part of the forum? just to check in?

i'm working on a work project that i hoped to have finished by the end of the month, but i'm really only at the halfway mark. maybe i can check in here for the next week and keep track of my progress and intention.
  • 77tes
    Options
    @gojolida , if you post your project and then your progress you will re-awaken the thread. I completed a couple projects, but haven't posted since. I should get going on my next project. I have a couple things I'd like to do before Christmas.
  • gojolida
    Options
    @gojolida , if you post your project and then your progress you will re-awaken the thread. I completed a couple projects, but haven't posted since. I should get going on my next project. I have a couple things I'd like to do before Christmas.

that sounds good! i'm working on a book -- and i can't share the details, but i am about half way finished, which means i'm behind. part of my challenge in making progress is i haven't been able to accurately estimate the amount of time i am spending on each page. today i'm starting a new page. my plan is to set a timer for two hours to make some progress on that page.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @gojolida I love your idea of setting a timer and using that time to concentrate on that one specific thing. I saw you post that idea on Just For Today also and meant to tell you that's a great idea!

I'm glad you posted on here! I need to get my butt in gear and get busy on my project of digital decluttering! LOL!
  • 77tes
    Options
    @gojolida , a book! Wow, that's quite the project. I am currently reading through Anthony Trollope 's novels who was famous for his writing habits. Here's a great article about him and his writing routine. I hope you find it inspiring (and not intimidating). :)
    https://jamesclear.com/anthony-trollope
  • gojolida
    Options
    @gojolida I love your idea of setting a timer and using that time to concentrate on that one specific thing. I saw you post that idea on Just For Today also and meant to tell you that's a great idea!

I'm glad you posted on here! I need to get my butt in gear and get busy on my project of digital decluttering! LOL!

thank you so much!! Oh man, digital decluttering is so important - and neglected by us all! what a great project!
  • gojolida
    Options
    @gojolida , a book! Wow, that's quite the project. I am currently reading through Anthony Trollope 's novels who was famous for his writing habits. Here's a great article about him and his writing routine. I hope you find it inspiring (and not intimidating). :)
    https://jamesclear.com/anthony-trollope

This is exactly what I needed to read -- thank you! If I don't have a solid block of two hours in my day (or it gets interrupted), I feel stressed about my project. and it's been keeping me up at night. Maybe if I aspire to do as many 15 minute blocks as i can (with a hopeful minimum of 2 hrs), then I can still feel i worked toward my goal even if I only put 15 minutes in. (that said, i am also trying to work better on my longterm focus and "getting into the zone" with work)

Yesterday, I didn't get what I needed done. I worked until 2am the night before, so technically, I got in two hours, but not the way I intended.

Onto Sunday! It's 3am now, and I can't sleep, so maybe I should put in those hours now!
  • nebslp
    Options
    @77tes I love that James Clear article! It applies to so many things, not just for writing a book. Thanks for sharing.
    @gojolida Writing a book sounds exciting! I hope you can share more about it with us later.
  • 77tes
    Options
    Here is my next project . I found it on the curb, left out for the trash. These old sewing machines are all metal and would see through any thing. I need to find out if it will run, and then find a place for it in my little house. bfwjckrao5kj.jpg
    Today I dropped the machine at a repair shop to have it assessed.
  • nebslp
    Options
    @77tes Oh wow! What a find!!! Was it already in the cabinet? I hope you can get it to work! There's always room for one more sewing machine, isn't there?