TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (September)

Options

Replies

• kidkees
    kidkees Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    This will be my second month in the challenge. I work at a school and try to drink 3-4 of my big water bottles daily, which helps a lot with being less hungry. I use 18shake as a meal replacement once per day, and they are quite good though not inexpensive. My Fitbit goal is 11,000 daily and I’m usually over. I am typically at Zumba and other gym classes at night. I’ve dipped under 160 but need to keep working at that.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Sept 1
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 60 min yoga & meditation 60 min aqua tone, 20 min hot tub 20 min sauna
    Trying to relieve my back and neck pain
    Steps: 4399
    Water 88 oz
  • DoingItForMySon
    DoingItForMySon Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Calories: no
    Exercise: yes (walking)

I am still trying ti limit my calories as i am use to eatting over 5000 a day i know uts bad but i have been decreasing it slowly.
  • mickey10111
    mickey10111 Posts: 116 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    September 2nd

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Explored a new town during a 4 hr time period and walked over 5.4 miles!
    Water: 12+ cups
  • kidkees
    kidkees Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Tracked and under
    11k steps and almost 80 active minutes
  • Iwilldothis4myself
    Options
    Sept 2nd
    Exercise: 20 min housework, 10 min walk
  • mickey10111
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Hey there, Big Butt Theorists! My name is Mikayla and I am 21 years old. I am currently employed as a Student Activities Assistant at a New York College. I essentially plan and run student events on the campus. I am single, no kids, and living at home with the fam. I have struggled with my weight since I was at least 9 or 10 years old. I am incredibly tired of not looking the way I want to look, feeling sluggish, and not living my life to the healthiest it could be. My weight is currently 165.4 lbs and my ultimate goal is 135 lbs.

For the month of September, I really hope to lose at least 5.4 lbs to bring me down to 160 lbs. Other goals include eating whole foods consistently, preparing meals for success, exercising at least 5x a week, and getting restful sleep. Looking forward to losing (or is it winning?) with you all! :)

Welcome, Mikayla! Sounds like you are making the most of your college life by getting involved, and getting others involved!! What are you studying? Sounds like you have a good plan in place to have a successful September!

Thank you! I actually already graduated from a different college with a bachelors degree in Biology. I was highly involved with student activities there, and ended up finding that job after graduation.

I am hoping to have a great September! I have yet to utilize the online weight loss community and challenges, such as this, and my hope is that it makes me consistent with my diet/exercise. :)
  • mickey10111
    Options
    Just a question for everyone-- what diet methods are you all using during the month of September? ( i.e. CICO only, eating whole foods, keto, low-carb, etc.)
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My favorite song, for my favorite month, “Try to remember the kind of September”
    September 2 Sunday
    Track yes
    Under calorie target barely
    Exercise, 13,600 steps
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Just a question for everyone-- what diet methods are you all using during the month of September? ( i.e. CICO only, eating whole foods, keto, low-carb, etc.)
    Not following any diet but just eating right. Under target, no red meat, no snacking etc.

• priiiiiska
    priiiiiska Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I think I won't be doing the mini challenge this month. Ive been logging in my food for months and would like to stop it for a bit and see how it goes.
    I will still be doing the weekly weigh in foutu but was wondering if I could change my weigh in day to Saturdays ?
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options

Eating whole foods with a focus on calorie restriction and low carb. My macro goals are 45% fat / 35% protein / 20% carb and my calorie restriction is approx. 1000 deficit per day.

Of course, today I'm having my birthday party and making it a cheat day. So everything I said above is null and void after breakfast. There shall be cake and large quantities of regret this evening. But tomorrow I'm back on the awesome bandwagon of health, fitness and the pursuit of a belly button that isn't perpetually frowning :smile:
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Username: GardenMama129
    Weigh in week: September Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 151
    Todays Weight: 154

You would think that by now I would have learned that I can not have a weekend where I indulge in foods/drinks that I enjoyed in the past. First, I find that I don't enjoy them like I remember. Second, I find that once I do that, I start having crazy cravings for for stuff that I don't even want/like any more and then I have to work my way back to my new normal again. This time I will remember.

• erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Sun 9/2
    logged: no
    calories: probably, but since I didnt track i’ll say no
    exercise: yes, hours and hours od swimming and a backyard baseball game

Sun: no

As I said yesterday, no healthy food options at the family bbq. I watched quantities of what I ate and didn’t pig out, but I didn’t bother trying to track it.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Sept 1
    Exercise: 60 min yoga & meditation 60 min aqua tone, 20 min hot tub 20 min sauna
    Trying to relieve my back and neck pain
    Steps: 4399
    Water 88 oz

Sorry to hear that your neck and back are still sore! I wish that 20 minutes in a hot tub actually counted as exercise!!! Hope that and the sauna and the yoga are helping!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Calories: no
    Exercise: yes (walking)

I am still trying ti limit my calories as i am use to eatting over 5000 a day i know uts bad but i have been decreasing it slowly.

I find one of the hardest things to get used to is the feeling of being hungry when starting on a calorie reduced diet. Your stomach is stretched from being constantly fed larger amounts of food, (think trying to get back into it after the Christmas holidays!), so it takes longer to signal that you are full. Decreasing in increments will help, as will making sure you drink lots of water!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    My favorite song, for my favorite month, “Try to remember the kind of September”
    September 2 Sunday
    Track yes
    Under calorie target barely
    Exercise, 13,600 steps

We are going to need more to go on, Bobby T. Who sings this song and what is it called? It kind of reminds me of Earth Wind and Fire's "September" (great song!). Is that what you are referring to?
  • HASWLRS
    Options

Great question, Mikayla. When I am into it, I just do CICO. Nothing fancy, nothing restricted. I kind of get into a rut, as well, where I am eating mostly the same things everyday. Boring, yes, but easy to maintain, when everything else in my life is in place.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Username: thedestar
    Weigh in week: September Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 147.0
    Todays Weight: 144.5
This discussion has been closed.