TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (September)

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    Just a question for everyone-- what diet methods are you all using during the month of September? ( i.e. CICO only, eating whole foods, keto, low-carb, etc.)

Eating whole foods with a focus on calorie restriction and low carb. My macro goals are 45% fat / 35% protein / 20% carb and my calorie restriction is approx. 1000 deficit per day.

Of course, today I'm having my birthday party and making it a cheat day. So everything I said above is null and void after breakfast. There shall be cake and large quantities of regret this evening. But tomorrow I'm back on the awesome bandwagon of health, fitness and the pursuit of a belly button that isn't perpetually frowning :smile:

Happy Birthday, Mike! I love your way with words!! Enjoy that cake, and back at it tomorrow!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: GardenMama129
    Weigh in week: September Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 151
    Todays Weight: 154

You would think that by now I would have learned that I can not have a weekend where I indulge in foods/drinks that I enjoyed in the past. First, I find that I don't enjoy them like I remember. Second, I find that once I do that, I start having crazy cravings for for stuff that I don't even want/like any more and then I have to work my way back to my new normal again. This time I will remember.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Once you start down the "processed carb" road, it is hard to do a timely u-turn!! Those three pounds will be gone in no time....you got this!!!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    September 2

Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Exercised yes 3+ hours of swimming.

Woot. Thanks @HASWLRS. I am extactic I came in second over all. I really have been working hard (harder then I think I ever have) so seeing the results make me so happy!!!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Just a question for everyone-- what diet methods are you all using during the month of September? ( i.e. CICO only, eating whole foods, keto, low-carb, etc.)

I don't go follow any specific plans. I just watch my macros (sodium, fat, colesteral) and make sure I balance out all my food throughout the day. I make sure to eat less of the not so good stuff, (like bread, cheeses and other fatty, carby items but not completley depriving myself) eat a moderate amount of good stuff (such as meat for protein and foods that are high in fiber) and high amounts of veggies and salads. Depending on my exercise of the day I might alter which foods I eat and how much
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini Challenge
    Sun 9/2
    logged: no
    calories: probably, but since I didnt track i’ll say no
    exercise: yes, hours and hours od swimming and a backyard baseball game

Sun: no

As I said yesterday, no healthy food options at the family bbq. I watched quantities of what I ate and didn’t pig out, but I didn’t bother trying to track it.

Sounds like the perfect way to do, and enjoy, a family barbeque!!! A "no" on paper, but probably a "yes" day in reality!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    Username: thedestar
    Previous Week's weight: 147.0
    Todays Weight: 144.5

So, it looks like you are now a proponent for the Wisdom Teeth Diet!!! Well done, Destiny!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Happy Labor day to all the Americans in the group, and Happy Labour Day to all the Canadians!! We have Priska and Tracie in the UK; we have Mel in Australia. Is it a holiday there ladies? Any other locations represented on the team?

That being said, who starts a weight loss challenge on a holiday weekend? Well, apparently, we do!!!

Missing Sunday weigh-ins from @makhe1224 and @TooMuchChocolate88.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    September 2

Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Exercised yes 3+ hours of swimming.

Woot. Thanks @HASWLRS. I am extactic I came in second over all. I really have been working hard (harder then I think I ever have) so seeing the results make me so happy!!!

You should be happy....you have been working hard and it is paying off!!!
  • kidkees
    kidkees Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh in
    Last week 159.6
    Today 159.6
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Sept 2
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 60 min yoga & meditation 60 min aqua tone, 20 min hot tub 20 min sauna
    Still Trying to relieve my back and neck pain
    Steps: 4400
    Water 96oz

I have been following IF & Keto. starting week 9 . Did really good till my anniversary on 8/26. We ate popcorn, went out to dinner & my husband made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for dessert and I had 2 cookies & 2 Gins with tonic
    But I am back on the Keto train since then 8/28
    Happy September
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    September 3
    Track, yes
    Under target ate fewer calories
    Exercise, 11, 000 walked it was very hot. Two games tomorrow. The second game is for the championship.

Try to remember the kind of September
    When life was slow and oh, so mellow.
    (Keep mellow all.)
  • hippienana
    hippienana Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Sorry was out of town.
    Previous weight 169.2
    Current weight: 171.2
    Too much Labor Day Food. UGH. Back on track Tuesday.
  • mickey10111
    mickey10111 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    September 3rd

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: 20 minutes Stand-up paddle boarding, 30 min walk

Today was difficult due to Labor Day celebrations, including bacon wrapped shrimp, steak, and corn buttered beyond belief...but I managed to eat appropriate portions and stay within calories.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Mon 9/3
    logged: yes
    calories: yes
    exercise: no

Sun: no
    Mon: no
  • kidkees
    kidkees Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Tracked and under
    Heading out for a two mile walk
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    No holiday here in Australia @HASWLRS at least not in my state. We tend to be different from the rest of Australia :smiley:
  • MelsLeanDream
    Options
    Ok...so this LOOKS extreme, but I think it's more to do with finishing my monthly, drinking more water and reducing my calories again.

Username: MelsLeanDream
    Previous Weight: 202.2
    Current Weight: 192.6
  • MelsLeanDream
    Options
    September 2 SUNDAY
    Calories - Yes
    Tracking - No
    Exercise - No -57 Active Minutes - Housework
    Steps - 12,143
    Water - 1000ml

September 3 MONDAY
    Calories - Yes
    Tracking - Yes
    Exercise - 164 Active minutes - night shift
    Steps - 18,093
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    kidkees wrote: »
    Monday weigh in
    Last week 159.6
    Today 159.6

Well, you didn't lose, but you didn't gain, either!! Two weeks weighing in under 160....I guess that means it's for real!!! I know you are working hard, so it'll drop again soon. Just keep at it.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    September 3
    Track, yes
    Under target ate fewer calories
    Exercise, 11, 000 walked it was very hot. Two games tomorrow. The second game is for the championship.

Try to remember the kind of September
    When life was slow and oh, so mellow.
    (Keep mellow all.)

Good luck in your championship game, Bobby T.!!

Who sings this song and what is it called? I want to know more!
This discussion has been closed.