Daily post Thursday
    Track yes
    Calories just under with extra from exercise
    Exercise 5 mile night run
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    cmteach4 wrote: »
    @SLIMn2016 I know about buying gobs of clothes when reaching goal! It’s wonderful! Ha ha! So I have heard “A Star is Born” is an excellent movie and I am hoping to go with my daughter Friday! Maybe you’d enjoy it! Whatever, please feel better! You are strong and awesome!❤️

Ouuu I wanna see that!!! Looks really good!! Thanks again Chris :)<3
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »

@SLIMn2016 That's super frustrating. Hopefully your back feels better tomorrow!
    I've been struggling mentally this week for some reason. Monday was really tough for me, I was so out of it mentally that my workout wasn't great and I've still been struggling mentally still yesterday and a little less today. Had to take a few steps back and really think about what my goals are and why I want to achieve them and I'm getting back into it today. I think that for me, most of my physical problems are really mental blocks and when I really take the time to think about what my goals are, I get back into the game.
    Hopefully you can find your why again and get back in mentally! As for physically, you might just need a little extra rest, you've been going pretty hard for a while now!
    Bm00re2u wrote: »

So sorry your back is hurting ☹️ Wish I knew of a solution other than a heating pad and taking a bath! I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you Ashley & Brit <3 --- I lightened up on my routine for the rest of the week through the weekend and already feeling better....it will stall my weight loss, but I can't risk injuring myself--and you are right Ashley---I was going too hard last week and it finally showed up on my back---AGH!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Track: no
    Calories: ?
    Exercise: no

Update:

I am struggling a lot this week with my depression. Feeling very unworthy and just low in mood. I am seeing my Dr tomorrow night regarding my back, so hopefully I will get the all clear to start working out properly again, as I am still struggling with it intermittently. I am trying to be positive. I am sure the clouds will lift soon.

Depression hit me hard last year --- cardio has helped lift me back up emotionally--I am also a big believer in Vit D supplementation and music therapy. Sending you big hug---hang in there.... and try to give yourself some extra TLC-- go get a manicure--- try an Epsom salt bath---the magnesium can calm you! <3
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Daily stats: Thurs., Oct 18

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Under, 5/2 fasting day
    Exercise: Gym; 30 min. stair climber & 60 min. strength training class
    Water: 124 oz

Comments: Fasting day went well---too busy to eat on Thursday so just sitting down to my egg white, spinach, mushroom, ham & cheese omelette dinner now....
    6b51hop8eiaa.jpg
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    edited October 2018
    Options
    mg07030 wrote: »
    Morning! 🌞

Question for those of you that do IF or 5/2- thinking about doing a fasting day- what do you see as the benefits?

Thanks - hope all is well! About to pull a 12 hr day. Oof

M

Mary, I've been doing 5/2 and I love it. It gives me some freedom to eat a cheat meal on the weekends... and it curbs my appetite too. I had to work my way to it--slowly closing my fasting window down from 8 to 6 to 4hrs.... I do it on either Mondays or Tuesdays and Thursdays (my busiest days).... eating 500-600 calories (usually 600) those two days. I do 16:8 on the other 5 days. In the past I got down to my goal weight (150lbs) doing 5/2. I'm hoping to get there again!
  • Keri8680
    Keri8680 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Keri8680
    Weigh in day Thursday
    Oct Week 3
    Pw171.4
    CW 172
    Sorry I’ve been MIA for awhile lots going on!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    mg07030 wrote: »
    Thanks Ashley!

IF has really been working for me - been debating a day of full fasting and whether it would be beneficial. I’ve been doing better snacking! ( cause I haven’t been home haha!)

@mg07030 I've done a few 36 hour fasts and honestly, I'm not sure that I really saw a big difference in those vs OMAD, they were a hell of a lot harder though...
  • _ecofeminist
    _ecofeminist Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Daily post Thursday

track: nope
    calories:...
    Exercise: Yes, strength day felt so good today after a day off yesterday. I was able to go way heavier!!

Comments: Does anyone else say "F it" to tracking after they eat something that they don't know how to track because you don't know all that's in it? Anyways.. I had one of those days. I still think it would be beneficial for me to track other things I eat after that but for some reason I just stop for the day when I don't track one confusing thing. It's been a bad habit this month and usually ends to my no tracking days. Sometimes I avoid eating things purely because they are hard to track too.. which is a better route, but not the one I took today.
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Calories: ?
    Exercise: no

Update:

I am struggling a lot this week with my depression. Feeling very unworthy and just low in mood. I am seeing my Dr tomorrow night regarding my back, so hopefully I will get the all clear to start working out properly again, as I am still struggling with it intermittently. I am trying to be positive. I am sure the clouds will lift soon.

😢 I am sorry you are feeling that way, but please know that you have people on here who are here for you and will provide whatever support/encouragement you need. You are worthy and don't let anyone tell you different! Virtual hugs ❤️🤗
  • Bm00re2u
    Options
    ekuassi wrote: »
    Daily post: 17-10
    Track: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: yes, 45 min circuit training

Nice circuit!
  • Bm00re2u
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)
    Calories: don't even want to know
    Exercise: 30 minutes elliptical

I have been doing an awful job with what I have been eating. Cookies and brownies, oh my! I really need to refocus!!!

Don't worry, you will get back on track! My eating sucks too recently, but I'm counting tomorrow as a fresh start!
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Daily post Thursday

Exercise: Yes, strength day felt so good today after a day off yesterday. I was able to go way heavier!!

Comments: Does anyone else say "F it" to tracking after they eat something that they don't know how to track because you don't know all that's in it? Anyways.. I had one of those days. I still think it would be beneficial for me to track other things I eat after that but for some reason I just stop for the day when I don't track one confusing thing. It's been a bad habit this month and usually ends to my no tracking days. Sometimes I avoid eating things purely because they are hard to track too.. which is a better route, but not the one I took today.

Combo foods are hard, but I try to guesstimate the ingredients or just see what MFP comes up with. If I start leaving things off my diary it would definitely be a downward spiral for me! Not fair to you to avoid them all! Good luck!
  • Bm00re2u
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Username: tinak33
    Weigh in week: October Week 3
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 160.3
    Current Weight: 161.4

*hangs head in shame*
    Been eating my feelings, cravings, and energy for my exhausted self.

Don't feel ashamed! Tomorrow is always a new start, plus you can always count your NSVs!
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Daily post —Thursday October 18th

Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no:(
  • Bm00re2u
    Options
    melbe159 wrote: »
    Daily post Thursday
    Track yes
    Calories just under with extra from exercise
    Exercise 5 mile night run

5 miles, wow! Great run!
  • Bm00re2u
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Daily stats: Thurs., Oct 18

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Under, 5/2 fasting day
    Exercise: Gym; 30 min. stair climber & 60 min. strength training class
    Water: 124 oz

Comments: Fasting day went well---too busy to eat on Thursday so just sitting down to my egg white, spinach, mushroom, ham & cheese omelette dinner now....
    6b51hop8eiaa.jpg

That looks delicious Nancy!
  • Bm00re2u
    Options
    Daily post Thursday

OMG yes, been there! What you said is my exact work around... If I don't know what's in it and can't track it, then I don't eat it! Sometimes I ballpark the calories if I know most of the ingredients and amounts.

Nice accomplishment going up on the weight!
  • Bm00re2u
    Options
    cmteach4 wrote: »
    Daily post —Thursday October 18th

Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no:(

It's always ok to have a break day from exercise. Plus you still stayed under your calories! Great job Chris!
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Mexiconona
    Oct 17 th Wed.
    Tracking. Yes
    Calories no
    Exercise yes
This discussion has been closed.